Disney's Wish

Strange World was a movie I saw the night it came out and then forgot about it all together

The animation in it was really great though

Strange World was definitely my kind of movie, and I was excited for it. The finished product was pretty good, but it needed a little something more, like in the third act. It sort of rushes the ending. It was in fact gorgeous though - I loved the pseudo matte-painting style backgrounds!

Okay, I've seen it. It's fantastic. It's a love letter to all things Disney
Glad to hear it. I may go to see it on the 27th down at DS. I haven’t decided yet. I usually just wait for the DVD, but I don’t know if I can wait that long.

The movie started out a little iffy for me but then it really came together in the end. Songs are good, great villain, funny, and a little emotional too. It was really enjoyable overall.

The soundtrack to Disney's Wish came out Friday and Apple Music's Disney Kids section now has the whole soundtrack in it's entirety and the soundtrack also features instrumental versions of the Wish songs to do karaoke too with your friends. I think this film really is gonna show how far Disney has become in producing great animated films

I can't wait to see it! It's a shame that the critics hated it.:sad1: But, I hope it's a box office hit.

Saw it last Saturday then went back to take my 4 year old for her first movie in a theater - she sat through the entire movie which is a feat! And wanted me to play the soundtrack in the car.

We really enjoyed it. Not our favorite ever but definitely good.

I can't wait to see it! It's a shame that the critics hated it.:sad1: But, I hope it's a box office hit.
Wow you aren’t kidding, I just read a bunch of reviews and not a single reviewer liked it. I’ll probably pass on this one.

A better tag line for this movie would be "What does a Wish mean to you." or "What makes a Wish come true."

Wish is more enjoyable then the reviews imply. Attempting to blend aspects from across Disney it does a lot in a short time. The moral could be closest compared to Tangled. Sporting good comedic side kicks that have humor bordering on Emperor's New Groove. The villain is straight evil, but their arc is slightly undermined by alluding to a backstory that never gets told. All while being peppered with in your face and more subtle Disney easter eggs that stretch through to the credits. Much of the story is told through the songs, and the songs make up the majority of the movie, which may be why some are having trouble with Wish.

The non-standard (for a Disney movie) soundtrack which is influenced by Broadway but written by pop artists. There is one number that it clearly a stage number, from its sound to its direction. All the songs work within the action but can sound odd when heard on their own. The songs also give great chance for all characters to showcase their vocal talents, it was refreshing to see side characters get as many verses as they did.

I hope this one picks up because its worth the watch, but the market fails it (as seems to be the case with alot of Disney currently).

I just saw it and this really saddens me to say but this movie kind of sucks. It's definitely not the worst movie Disney has ever made but I have similar criticisms that the critics do. I was really rooting for this one and unfortunately it didn't cut it for me. My entire family all agreed that Valentino was VERY unfunny and pointless.

This is a wait for the Disney+ release IMO.

DS11 and I enjoyed it... Its "cute"-- for the most part, liked the music... then we watched "Leo"--- movie is soooo good !!! Very clever...

What I think Disney plans to do with Wish is it will be released on Disney+ shortly after being in theaters after the second week in theaters and be released in time for Christmas as a Christmas gift to Disney+ subscribers like Soul was. But judging how popular Wish is I think Disney will make a Wish trilogy of sequels like Frozen did with Frozen II but I mainly think people are expecting another Encanto because as popular as Encanto was Disney hopes to do the same with Wish

I am one of those people who like to be spoiled before seeing a movie. Based on what I have read, I think I will be fine with the storyline. I am still not sure about the music, since some of what I have heard is not in a style I prefer for a movie set in a historical context. The more I have watched the trailer, the less I am liking the Valentino character and the more I am liking Asha and Star. I am going to keep an open mind until I see it myself. Not all movies, books, or music are meant to be deep and thoughtful. Sometimes a bit of shallow entertainment can be fun.

Looks like Wish is going to be another box office stinker.

Yep... think it finished 3rd or 4th as far as box office... honestly thought this had the makings of the next Frozen ... very upsetting for Disney.. maybe some late legs like Elemental, but dont think so

I am one of those people who like to be spoiled before seeing a movie. Based on what I have read, I think I will be fine with the storyline. I am still not sure about the music, since some of what I have heard is not in a style I prefer for a movie set in a historical context. The more I have watched the trailer, the less I am liking the Valentino character and the more I am liking Asha and Star. I am going to keep an open mind until I see it myself. Not all movies, books, or music are meant to be deep and thoughtful. Sometimes a bit of shallow entertainment can be fun.
You don't have to worry much about Valentino.
I thought I was going to hate Olaf in Frozen as he was so annoying in the promo-videos, however in the end he wasn't in the movie that much and he had a purpose in the story.

Valentino is a bit like that. I don't really remember him having a huge impact on the story, but he's also not as distracting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter