Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Hello WL family, we had a courtyard view room booked for December prior to the room name changes. Our reservation now says water view which I understand could include courtyard and perhaps what used to be nature view. How is the resort handling this change upon check in? I would like the view that I originally booked and paid for. Thanks 😊

Hello WL family, we had a courtyard view room booked for December prior to the room name changes. Our reservation now says water view which I understand could include courtyard and perhaps what used to be nature view. How is the resort handling this change upon check in? I would like the view that I originally booked and paid for. Thanks 😊
Water view will most likely be on the side of the resort that faces the courtyard. Resort view will most likely be the side of the resort that faces the Contemporary. You shouldn't be given a resort view if you booked water view. :)

Boat service between WL, CR and the Campgrounds is resuming October 1st.
If this has already been posted I will delete..

I just saw the news on twitter/X and am on my way out the door and don’t have a minute to read back to check.
You’re correct.

Watercraft Service Connecting Disney Resorts in the Bay Lake Area Resuming on October 1

Guests visiting the Walt Disney World Resort in the coming months will once again be able to sail across Bay Lake between Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground to enjoy all of the activities these magnificent hotels have to offer.

Marked with its signature blue flag, the watercraft following the “blue route” will return for afternoon and evening voyages beginning October 1, making it even easier to grab a bite to eat at neighboring resorts.

Last edited:

You’re correct.

Watercraft Service Connecting Disney Resorts in the Bay Lake Area Resuming on October 1

Guests visiting the Walt Disney World Resort in the coming months will once again be able to sail across Bay Lake between Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground to enjoy all of the activities these magnificent hotels have to offer.

Marked with its signature blue flag, the watercraft following the “blue route” will return for afternoon and evening voyages beginning October 1, making it even easier to grab a bite to eat at neighboring resorts.
Missed it by a week! This is great news!

New Resort-Exclusive Cowboy Ear Headband by Loungefly Rides Into Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

You can find this headband in the Wilderness Lodge Mercantile near the lobby of Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.

Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Loungefly Headband – $39.99

Wilderness Lodge Loungefly Ears 11

Hi, I'm new to this thread. I am booked in a "fireworks view" room with my DH for our January trip. I had a ressie at YC, but had to change dates and my BB rate was not available there, but was at WL. The last time we stayed at WL was about 20 years ago with our daughter for a combo birthday/anniversary/Halloween trip. Not due to anything WDW did, everything went wrong that trip and I've sort of seen WL as a bad luck place for me since. (Rental car breakdown, daughter got sick and we missed the Halloween Party she was looking forward to, I hurt my back and was in pain, DH is not a big WDW person anyway, etc.) We've been back to WL for meals and viewing decorations, etc., but have pretty much stuck to YC, Swan, and Pop for the last 20 years.

This will be a slower paced trip than my usuals (DH is still not a WDW person). I have read through this wonderful thread, but would appreciate any advice on how to make our stay at WL cool and maybe shake my bad-luck feeling. I am an AP holder and get down there a few times a year. DH comes once every couple of years.

Thank you!

Any idea what the blue route “route” from Wilderness Lodge will be, and approximate times between stops? And time of day it ends? I know it doesn’t begin until 3-

Any idea what the blue route “route” from Wilderness Lodge will be, and approximate times between stops? And time of day it ends? I know it doesn’t begin until 3-
The blue flag route in the past had one boat running clockwise and one boat running counterclockwise. So, if you saw the boat coming from FT Wilderness then you knew it was going to CR next. And a boat coming from CR would be going to the fort next. We need someone who is there now to tell us what the blue route is doing. :)

Hi, I'm new to this thread. I am booked in a "fireworks view" room with my DH for our January trip. I had a ressie at YC, but had to change dates and my BB rate was not available there, but was at WL. The last time we stayed at WL was about 20 years ago with our daughter for a combo birthday/anniversary/Halloween trip. Not due to anything WDW did, everything went wrong that trip and I've sort of seen WL as a bad luck place for me since. (Rental car breakdown, daughter got sick and we missed the Halloween Party she was looking forward to, I hurt my back and was in pain, DH is not a big WDW person anyway, etc.) We've been back to WL for meals and viewing decorations, etc., but have pretty much stuck to YC, Swan, and Pop for the last 20 years.

This will be a slower paced trip than my usuals (DH is still not a WDW person). I have read through this wonderful thread, but would appreciate any advice on how to make our stay at WL cool and maybe shake my bad-luck feeling. I am an AP holder and get down there a few times a year. DH comes once every couple of years.

Thank you!
Definitely go to the Boulder Ridge lobby and check out Walt’s train. And you must get the burger at Geyser Point. It is a must have, best burger on property in my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter