Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Does anyone know how long the lobby Christmas tree stays up?

When do they usually take it down?

Would it likely be there as late as Jan 3-7?
I just checked my pictures from my trip in January 2019. It was up on 1/7 as I took pictures. It was either taken down that evening or the next as I left on 1/9 and we definitely saw them taking the tree down.

We stopped at Geyser Point for lunch today. There was a card on the table that advertised the margarita flight, which my sister and I shared. It was good. :)

The turkey sandwich is back, but it is not listed on the menu.
We were planning to go over to Geyser Point for the cheesy barbecue dip but when we heard it was taken off the menu we didn’t go.

Does anyone have any current info on what games are in the arcade (if its even still open)? We have a stay coming up with a lot of planned resort days, and both my dad and son love arcades. Just curious what to expect!

Does anyone have any current info on what games are in the arcade (if its even still open)? We have a stay coming up with a lot of planned resort days, and both my dad and son love arcades. Just curious what to expect!
It's still open! Search for "Wilderness Lodge arcade" on YouTube and you'll find some walkthroughs so you can see the games - it's kind of small but has plenty of games. But if you get a chance, Contemporary isn't far and it has the biggest and best arcade in Disney! Pop and Art of Animation have huge arcades too.

When in the heck did they change the music loop at WL? It's now a bunch of stock music tracks. I guess they didn't want to pay for those amazing western themes anymore? Also, music wasn't playing in the lobby, just around the grounds.

When in the heck did they change the music loop at WL? It's now a bunch of stock music tracks. I guess they didn't want to pay for those amazing western themes anymore? Also, music wasn't playing in the lobby, just around the grounds.
I LOVE the old music, I listen to it every week, I can’t believe they changed it.

Is this confirmed? The Exterior/Roaring Fork music loop has always been different - definitely leans less classic western/Native American and more easy listening although has some Bela Fleck which is great.

The last time we were there it was the week before Christmas, and I was disappointed they weren't playing the usual songs, just Christmas. I listen to the playlist all the time at work. That and the queue for Soarin off of youtube.
I too listen to the playlist at work most days
The Christmas loop is usual around Thanksgiving on until decorations are taken down
I like them both but the standard loop is my favorite
When I hear one of the songs on a tv or radio commercial it instantly takes me to the Lodge and I identify those songs more to the place we love rather than the movie or soundtrack it may have come from
That music transports me to times past with my family at the Lodge
Maybe we all need to write an email to the manager begging for the music to remain

It was open when we stayed there in Apr/May but I did not go in. From outside it appeared to be similar or identical to the past.

I'd have guessed some or many of those western movie themes fall under public domain by this point but maybe copyrights are longer in music than I think. I LOVE that music around the resort and hope this was just some glitch.

A poster on the CL thread says that you can pay the additional price on your room to obtain the CL lounge upon check in. I know they used to do that for I believe it was $99 per night. I thought it was discontinued though, but am now hearing it is available. Is this available, and if so what is the price?

A poster on the CL thread says that you can pay the additional price on your room to obtain the CL lounge upon check in. I know they used to do that for I believe it was $99 per night. I thought it was discontinued though, but am now hearing it is available. Is this available, and if so what is the price?
It’s now $150 + tax. Someone on the CL thread posted that they were able to add it a few months ago. Edit: I searched and found it. It was Mrs AMC on July 29th - post 41,219

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter