Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Looking for some thoughts on the "Fireworks view" rooms. Anyone stayed in there? Are they worth the little extra? Considering a stay in November for Christmas time decorations there but considering getting the fireworks view as it'll be a quick, more resort oriented stay.
We've been upgraded to woods view rooms on the MK side before they were called fireworks view rooms and it was nice to be able to see the fireworks from our room. Not sure I would pay up for it though since we don't spend much time in our room, if we are at the resort we are usually in the lobby or at the pool.

Just back from an excellent stay at CL and managed to book a bounce back offer for next year. The category I booked is a resort view. I assume the room categories have changed lately ? I seem to recall courtyard, woods, standard etc. What exactly is a ‘resort’ view ? Is there perhaps a better category I may want to switch to ?

Many thanks

Looking for some thoughts on the "Fireworks view" rooms. Anyone stayed in there? Are they worth the little extra? Considering a stay in November for Christmas time decorations there but considering getting the fireworks view as it'll be a quick, more resort oriented stay.
We have had a few standard view rooms that are now considered "fireworks" views so they can charge more for them. Honestly, we have never been the type to pay for a view. I find it rather disturbing that the new categories seem to have very few "resort" views available, formerly standard view.

Honestly, we have stayed at the WL many times and always just choose standard view and request an upper floor. Even if you are over the smokehouse, if you are on the 4th or 5th floor, your getting a fantastic view of the contemporary, monorail and yes, fireworks etc.

We have had a few standard view rooms that are now considered "fireworks" views so they can charge more for them. Honestly, we have never been the type to pay for a view. I find it rather disturbing that the new categories seem to have very few "resort" views available, formerly standard view.

Honestly, we have stayed at the WL many times and always just choose standard view and request an upper floor. Even if you are over the smokehouse, if you are on the 4th or 5th floor, your getting a fantastic view of the contemporary, monorail and yes, fireworks etc.
This is true. We stayed at Wilderness Lodge this weekend and had a great time. I never really worry about my view but it is nice to get a good one. We had booked a "nature view" months ago that got converted to a resort view. I requested a higher floor. We ended up on the 1st floor looking out at a pond. I'm kinda used to making requests and they never get honored but I don't let it bother me, they are only requests. On the positive when on the 1st floor I never had to wait for an elevator and the Roaring Fork and the laundry room were right down the hall from us!

We have stayed in every category at WL. CL, 1st floor pool view, 1st floor Boulder Ridge View, closed balcony, dumpster view (Which I loved because I could see the chefs going out to the smokehouse), I would glady stay at any of them again.

Just back from an excellent stay at CL and managed to book a bounce back offer for next year. The category I booked is a resort view. I assume the room categories have changed lately ? I seem to recall courtyard, woods, standard etc. What exactly is a ‘resort’ view ? Is there perhaps a better category I may want to switch to ?

Many thanks
20230814_192147.jpg
I believe the resort view rooms are facing the area with the R, with the highest floor in the rectangle containing Artist Point and Roaring Fork being club rooms, and the higher floors in the rectangle closest to the cabins being Fireworks view (FW).

The Courtyard views are now called Water views (W).

View attachment 785381
I believe the resort view rooms are facing the area with the R, with the highest floor in the rectangle containing Artist Point and Roaring Fork being club rooms, and the higher floors in the rectangle closest to the cabins being Fireworks view (FW).

The Courtyard views are now called Water views (W).
That’s great thanks, I’ll definitely change to water/courtyard view. I had a room several years ago above the smokehouse, service area and really didn’t like it. As a very light sleeper it wasn’t for me.

Can anyone confirm that they have the 100th anniversary mugs out? Heading home in a couple of days and looking forward to adding these to our mug collection!

Does anyone know how long the lobby Christmas tree stays up?

When do they usually take it down?

Would it likely be there as late as Jan 3-7?

Last edited:

It‘s usually not too long after New Year’s Day. We were ready there 1/2/20 and it came down the next night on the 3rd. I just happened to ask the CM at the concierge desk on the morning of the 3rd when it was coming down and he said that night. They arrive around 11 pm to start the process. We hung out and watched, with drinks in our hands and relaxing in the rocking chairs near the fireplace. It was a totally unique experience. I hope that you get to see it! Ask when you check in.

Does anyone know what the aroma in the rooms is? We loved how our room at Boulder Ridge smelled when we got back after the parks, pool, etc.

We stopped at Geyser Point for lunch today. There was a card on the table that advertised the margarita flight, which my sister and I shared. It was good. :)

The turkey sandwich is back, but it is not listed on the menu.
The menu onsite was different than what’s shown in the APP. I was glad the steak sandwich was there , I had it last visit and it’s amazing.

I thought of you when I was there . I know WL is one of your fav’s. :)

It‘s usually not too long after New Year’s Day. We were ready there 1/2/20 and it came down the next night on the 3rd. I just happened to ask the CM at the concierge desk on the morning of the 3rd when it was coming down and he said that night. They arrive around 11 pm to start the process. We hung out and watched, with drinks in our hands and relaxing in the rocking chairs near the fireplace. It was a totally unique experience. I hope that you get to see it! Ask when you check in.

Thanks. I called ths Signature services line and asked about this, and she said the Resorts don't really know, they just get an alert that day that the decorations removal crew is going to come by that night to work, and it's all gone by morning. She said Trees/decorations can be there (at any Resort) as late as the 10th, but agreed that they'll likely be there at least on the 3rd as very plausible.

We were there for the first part of Marathon Weekend this year, and the tree was definitely still up through the 6th when we moved to BCV. 👍🏼

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter