Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

I don't get the hate for WL transportation.

We have stayed at WL, I believe, 7 times now. Every trip has been for 7 or 8 days.

We hit rope drop, or, early entry, via bus or boat, every single day and we have never been late for one.

Anyone at WL this week, would you mind terribly asking at Whispering Canyon if they’re going to be down for refurbishment starting Labor Day week?

I have been trying for a solid 7 days to get a breakfast reservation for 9/5 and NOTHING is available - no time slot for breakfast at all, for any party size. The same is also the case for 9/7, 9/8 and 9/9, which makes me wonder if they’re going to be doing a short-term shutdown that week.

I’ve called multiple times on multiple different lines and no one has been able to help.

Thank you!!!

We have stayed at WL, I believe, 7 times now. Every trip has been for 7 or 8 days.

We hit rope drop, or, early entry, via bus or boat, every single day and we have never been late for one.
I think it's because it gets compared to other resorts in the deluxe category, many of which have monorail access and/or the ability to walk to one or more parks. For me that's notable because I just won't do buses. I do love Wilderness Lodge though. There is no place cozier.

Agreed. I find it to have the best transportation. The boat is very regular and much easier to deal with at night than the bus or the monorail. We have also always found the bus service good, although admittedly we drive pretty much everywhere except MK.

We just booked WL for the first two nights of our trip.

We are planning to head over and check out Fort Wilderness. I understand the blue flag boat still isn’t operating, and I’ve heard we can take a yellow bus? Where at the fort will that take us? I assume it doesn’t make sense to drive over since we would have to park at the entry area anyways?

Any other tips for first timers are much appreciated - we’ve visited the resort but have never stayed there

We just booked WL for the first two nights of our trip.

We are planning to head over and check out Fort Wilderness. I understand the blue flag boat still isn’t operating, and I’ve heard we can take a yellow bus? Where at the fort will that take us? I assume it doesn’t make sense to drive over since we would have to park at the entry area anyways?

Any other tips for first timers are much appreciated - we’ve visited the resort but have never stayed there
Yes, there is a bus over to FW that drops off at the Settlement area (near HDD). It is frequent and only takes about 5 minutes. Definitely don't drive there. Look at the resort activities board, there's a lot of fun (and sometimes free) things happening. Get a drink at Geyser Point and watch the Electrical Water Parade at night, then the MK fireworks (you can see the higher ones). They have a scavenger hunt, you can pick up the paper for it at the FD, and I think they are still doing WL tours certain mornings. It's a great resort, relaxing. Enjoy your stay!

I have been trying for a solid 7 days to get a breakfast reservation for 9/5 and NOTHING is available - no time slot for breakfast at all, for any party size. The same is also the case for 9/7, 9/8 and 9/9, which makes me wonder if they’re going to be doing a short-term shutdown that week.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/whispering-canyon-not-available-at-60-3.3923680/

You may want to read this thread from the Restaurants section. I didn‘t notice if your dates are available, but availability appears to have opened up for some dates. Good luck!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/whispering-canyon-not-available-at-60-3.3923680/

You may want to read this thread from the Restaurants section. I didn‘t notice if your dates are available, but availability appears to have opened up for some dates. Good luck!
That’s actually my thread 😝 That’s hilarious!!

My date did finally open up so I was able to get the reservation I wanted, thanks!!

Now we just have to wait until it’s time to go on our trip, that’s the hardest part!!

Bartender at GP told me they’re expecting a menu change very soon. The turkey sandwich is safe but I never asked about the brisket and other popular things on the menu. They also heard that GP may be relabeled and no longer be considered a pool bar.

Bartender at GP told me they’re expecting a menu change very soon. The turkey sandwich is safe but I never asked about the brisket and other popular things on the menu. They also heard that GP may be relabeled and no longer be considered a pool bar.
There is no way (I hope) that they touch the burger - it is one of the best on property.

Can anyone confirm if the Boulder Ridge studios have mini fridges of beverage coolers? Trying to determine if we can store yogurt/milk/etc. safely.

Can anyone confirm if the Boulder Ridge studios have mini fridges of beverage coolers? Trying to determine if we can store yogurt/milk/etc. safely.
They have the smaller beverage coolers (which they don't recommend for food, but I ignore said warning).

They have the smaller beverage coolers (which they don't recommend for food, but I ignore said warning).
I have often wondered that (can I store food in them?) but never have seen it written down anywhere. How do you know if a resort has a beverage cooler or fridge if they look like dorm fridges?

I have often wondered that (can I store food in them?) but never have seen it written down anywhere. How do you know if a resort has a beverage cooler or fridge if they look like dorm fridges?
The beverage coolers have the clear glass doors. We have stored food in them. One hint is to move the beverage cooler slightly forward, away from the back of the cabinet and to keep the cabinet door open when you can. This allows for better airflow to the back of the cooler, and it helps it keep at a slightly cooler temperature.

I found a video of the updated BR studios on YouTube they called it a mini fridge, it looks like a mini fridge and has a solid (non-glass) door. Disney website also calls it a “small fridge”. I guess we’ll hope for the best (and supplement with ice buckets if needed🤣)

I found a video of the updated BR studios on YouTube they called it a mini fridge, it looks like a mini fridge and has a solid (non-glass) door. Disney website also calls it a “small fridge”. I guess we’ll hope for the best (and supplement with ice buckets if needed🤣)
If it is the solid door, then it is a mini fridge, not a beverage cooler! Still move it slightly out from the back of the cabinet, it will work better.

You can purchase inexpensive temperature gauges if you get a beverage cooler and are concerned about how cold it is. USDA says to keep leftovers below 40° F. We keep our refrigerator at 38° F.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter