Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

I'm coming out of the woodwork to say how excited I am to be spending Friday at the Lodge! The hubs and I are doing our first overnight trip away from the baby and decided we needed a day at Geyser Point, the Boulder Ridge pool, and a relaxing day/night at our favorite resort. :love:

I'm coming out of the woodwork to say how excited I am to be spending Friday at the Lodge! The hubs and I are doing our first overnight trip away from the baby and decided we needed a day at Geyser Point, the Boulder Ridge pool, and a relaxing day/night at our favorite resort. :love:
Enjoy! I could really go for that pool and Geyser Point right now, but won’t be there until August.

Hey all, heading down to Boulder Ridge in a couple of weeks, and I'm pretty sure this has been asked already, but are the boats running between WL and CR? We have a reservation for Chef Mickey's and need to know if we should plan extra travel time by going to MK first. Thank you!

I dont know for certain since we haven’t been at WL since last September, but my understanding from other posters is that the boats are not running (sadly! :sad2: ) between the resorts.
Hey all, heading down to Boulder Ridge in a couple of weeks, and I'm pretty sure this has been asked already, but are the boats running between WL and CR?

Hey all, heading down to Boulder Ridge in a couple of weeks, and I'm pretty sure this has been asked already, but are the boats running between WL and CR? We have a reservation for Chef Mickey's and need to know if we should plan extra travel time by going to MK first. Thank you!
In January we left at 7:45 for our 8:30 Chef Mickey’s, via boat to Magic Kingdom then Monorail to Contemporary. This was perfect, but I’d maybe budget more time if it’s a moderate/high crowd day. It was pretty low crowds for us so we didn’t have to wait to go through security or get on transportation.

In January we left at 7:45 for our 8:30 Chef Mickey’s, via boat to Magic Kingdom then Monorail to Contemporary. This was perfect, but I’d maybe budget more time if it’s a moderate/high crowd day. It was pretty low crowds for us so we didn’t have to wait to go through security or get on transportation.
Yeah, I would probably look at walking from the dock and maybe monorail on the way back. Walk should not be bad at all and that way not at mercy of the crowds.

Hello all! I hope a WL expert can help. I have a cash reservation booked with Disney for Copper Creek Villa Deluxe Studio with walk in shower. On-line check-in only gives 2 options, close to lobby or close to transportation. What I want is a quite room. We LOVE the lodge! I enjoy the boat horn, but we do not like the noise of the main pool. We turned down an upgrade once because it overlooked the main pool and the afternoon noise was too much. SO, can anyone give me an idea which would be better to request, close to lobby or close to transportation?
We stayed in one of these rooms last month and basically they are are on one arm of the lodge along a long hall way. They are on opposite arm away from boat dock. Each side of arm essentially faces a pool. I would ask for a room on the outside of the arm / towards boulder ridge since that is away from the main wilderness pool. Distance from lobby would not be major concern if on that side.

First time at WL:
1. Will be staying in a copper creek studio. Any good room request recommendations?
2. Where are the refillable mug drink stations located?
3. We were planning on going to Hoop dee doo and I understand that the boat to Fort Wilderness does not run. For us to get to Fort wilderness do I need to take the boat to MK and then catch a boat to FW? If so how much time do i need to get there?
4. Any great tips anyone wants to pass along? The pics of the resort look beautiful.
Thank you

3. We were planning on going to Hoop dee doo and I understand that the boat to Fort Wilderness does not run. For us to get to Fort wilderness do I need to take the boat to MK and then catch a boat to FW? If so how much time do i need to get there?
there's a bus from WL to FW, stops at the Settlement where Pioneer Hall/HDD is located. Takes about 5 minutes! I'd allow time to wait for the bus, of course.

sorry I can't answer the other questions!

First time at WL:
1. Will be staying in a copper creek studio. Any good room request recommendations?
2. Where are the refillable mug drink stations located?
4. Any great tips anyone wants to pass along? The pics of the resort look beautiful.
Thank you
1. The two views are courtyard or villas pool. A high floor, courtyard view gives you a chance at a fireworks view. A room close to Bay Lake could have a nice water view. A courtyard view room will most likely be noisier than a villas pool view.

2. There are two refill stations, Roaring Forks and Geyser Point quick service.

3. There is a bus from WL to FW that is really quick and drops you off close to Pioneer Hall.

Take time to tour the two buildings. There are lots of interesting things to see. There is also an architectural tour at 9 am M-F that is interesting. :)

Last edited:
1. The two views are courtyard or villas pool. A high floor, courtyard view gives you a chance at a fireworks view. A room close to Bay Lake could have a nice water view. A courtyard view room will most likely be noisier than a villas pool view.

2. There are two refill stations, Roaring Forks and Geyser Point quick service.

3. There is a bus from WL to FW that is really quick and drops you off close to Pioneer Hall.

Take time to tour the two buildings. There are lots of interesting things to see. There is also an architectural at 9 am M-F that is interesting. :)
Thanks for all of the great info :)

Seeking input on a courtyard room that you have stayed in that you really liked. We've stayed at the lodge more times than I can count but haven't stayed in a courtyard room in years. TIA

Copper Creek Springs Pool Waterslide Closing for Brief Refurbishment Starting May 15

The waterslide at Copper Creek Springs Pool at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge will be closed for refurbishment from May 15-19, 2023. The water slide is currently expected to reopen on May 20 (barring any weather-related delays or other unexpected issues).

Guests will see work taking place around the slide and may hear construction related-noise during daytime hours, but Copper Creek Springs Pool will remain open for Guests to enjoy during this refurbishment.

Wanted to add from WDWNT:

The deck around the Boulder Ridge Cove leisure pool will be under refurbishment beginning on May 15. The pool and other amenities will still be available. Guests may see cleaning work and hear construction noises during the day. An end date for this refurbishment was not provided.

Last edited:

Copper Creek Springs Pool Waterslide Closing for Brief Refurbishment Starting May 15

The waterslide at Copper Creek Springs Pool at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge will be closed for refurbishment from May 15-19, 2023. The water slide is currently expected to reopen on May 20 (barring any weather-related delays or other unexpected issues).

Guests will see work taking place around the slide and may hear construction related-noise during daytime hours, but Copper Creek Springs Pool will remain open for Guests to enjoy during this refurbishment.

Wanted to add from WDWNT:

The deck around the Boulder Ridge Cove leisure pool will be under refurbishment beginning on May 15. The pool and other amenities will still be available. Guests may see cleaning work and hear construction noises during the day. An end date for this refurbishment was not provided.
Has this been confirmed? I haven’t seen this news anywhere else. We’ll be there Memorial Day weekend….

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter