Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

We will be there starting 2/24. So excited! Does anyone know what time the electric water pageant is going by right now?

Does anyone know the refillable drink cup option and what they currently look like, I read that some of the results of different ones.

we don’t normally stay at wilderness lodge. I booked a long weekend trip for our 7 year old daughter and myself in April. I wanted to save some money since it would just be the two of us and we will spend a lot of time in the parks.

What are some things around the resort that we should make sure to check out? For those that love this place what makes it special? I got a storybook dining reservation for our arrival night, we’ve done that before but I figured since we’ll be staying there it could be fun to do again. Should I book something else instead? Any thoughts are appreciated! Thanks in advance!

we don’t normally stay at wilderness lodge. I booked a long weekend trip for our 7 year old daughter and myself in April. I wanted to save some money since it would just be the two of us and we will spend a lot of time in the parks.

What are some things around the resort that we should make sure to check out? For those that love this place what makes it special? I got a storybook dining reservation for our arrival night, we’ve done that before but I figured since we’ll be staying there it could be fun to do again. Should I book something else instead? Any thoughts are appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Check out the electrical lights pageant on the lake!

Definitely get some food from Geyser Point. It's great and lovely sitting outside. Don't overlook the small community building by the main pool. It's much smaller than some others but they have fun stuff to do for the kids. My kids just love taking the boat to MK!

What are some things around the resort that we should make sure to check out? For those that love this place what makes it special?
You can do the Hidden Mickey hunt. Ask for the game sheet at the front desk. There is Mickey tie die to do.

Take the bus to Ft Wilderness and tour the horse stables. The stables are located next to the Settlement outpost bus stop. They have pony rides, but I don't know the age or size limit. The settlement area has the biggest and best playground at WDW.

What are some things around the resort that we should make sure to check out? For those that love this place what makes it special?
I could sit in the lobby for hours on end with no problem just because it is so beautiful! I notice something different every time. But that’s not something a 7-year-old would probably be eager to do! ;)

I’m not sure if they still do this, but they once had free tours of the resort on certain mornings. Probably a lot of walking, but might be something to check out.

Can anyone tell me if your can use your refillable mug at Geyser Point? it would be nice to have another option to refill at a second location besides walking over to Roarking Forks.

I’m not sure if they still do this, but they once had free tours of the resort on certain mornings. Probably a lot of walking, but might be something to check out.
They still have the resort tours that are very interesting and well worth the time. But they are something that adults would enjoy while kids would be bored to death, imo. :)

We are staying at Wilderness Lodge March 2023. What are the current hours of operation of the boat transfer to Magic Kingdom and bus transfer to the other parks? We are planning on using early entry each day.

We are staying at Wilderness Lodge March 2023. What are the current hours of operation of the boat transfer to Magic Kingdom and bus transfer to the other parks? We are planning on using early entry each day.
The boat starts one hour before MK opens for early morning entrance. It stops running one hour after park close.

The bus should start running 1 1/2 hours before park opening.

Looking for confirmation on the bus and boat situation...
There is a dedicated bus to Fort Wilderness?
Buses to the parks share with either Fort, or Contemporary, but not both?
The only boat running is the boat to MK and back?

Thanks for any insight!

There is a dedicated bus to Fort Wilderness Settlement depot. The MK bus will go to FW in the evenings before going to MK.

The morning park buses in the morning do not share with any other resort. The Disney Springs bus shares with the Contemporary, so if you want to go to the Contemporary from WL, jump on the Disney Springs bus. The HS and AK buses can share with the Contemporary later in the day and evening. The Epcot bus can share later in the day and the evening with FW. The FW park buses never go to the Contemporary.

The boat only runs to MK and back. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter