Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

We are trying to plan our July trip and are considering staying at the Wilderness. I see the boat no longer runs from the Wilderness to the Contemporary which is a disappointment. How is the boat to the Magic Kingdom for early mornings and the extended evening hours on Monday and Wednesday?

We are trying to plan our July trip and are considering staying at the Wilderness. I see the boat no longer runs from the Wilderness to the Contemporary which is a disappointment. How is the boat to the Magic Kingdom for early mornings and the extended evening hours on Monday and Wednesday?

I think I saw a post a few days ago that said the FW/Contemporary boat was running last week. Maybe it is finally back???

New to WL so I have a few questions before I book!
1) Can you use all the pools at WL even in the VILLAS if you are staying in a regular room?
2) Do the boats only take you to MK?
3) Are there any renovations currently going on that I might want to know about?
4) Anyone know if they do anything special if you stay on Easter Sunday?
5) Tell me about Courtyard view. Any rooms particularly noisy?

Very excited to stay here finally!!

Last edited:
1) Can you use all the pools at WL even in the VILLAS if you are staying in a regular room?
Yes both pools are available to all guests.
Yes as long as there is not lightning in the area.
3) Are there any renovations currently going on that I might want to know about?
Nothing major other then the final completion of the BRV DVC in the separate DVC building to the south of the main lodge.
I am not aware of an Easter service but there should be activities for the children
Upper Courtyard is relatively quite however down near the feature pool it can be noisy during the day into the evening until the pool closes.

Dave

I think I saw a post a few days ago that said the FW/Contemporary boat was running last week. Maybe it is finally back???

From what I can tell this seems to have been disproven. It is unclear but it is believed the person may have been mistaken or misunderstood what they were seeing (has happened a few times on the topic). Only time will tell though....

Yes both pools are available to all guests.

Yes as long as there is not lightning in the area.

Nothing major other then the final completion of the BRV DVC in the separate DVC building to the south of the main lodge.

I am not aware of an Easter service but there should be activities for the children

Upper Courtyard is relatively quite however down near the feature pool it can be noisy during the day into the evening until the pool closes.

Dave
Thank you Dave !!

They do a lot of fun Easter activities! Here's what WL did last year, for reference.

PXL_20220416_215251250.jpg

It is not. There is a bus between the WL and Fort Wilderness, takes less than 5 minutes to get there.

From what I can tell this seems to have been disproven. It is unclear but it is believed the person may have been mistaken or misunderstood what they were seeing (has happened a few times on the topic). Only time will tell though....
I have seen a boat stop between the campground and WL post covid but it is extremely rare. My 2 guesses with no actual evidence is:

1) shift change or maintenance issue that involves taking a boat out of service and a new one needs to come out. So a boat makes both stops to reduce the impact on waits.

2) Post hoop de doo to help with crowds. The last time I saw it happen it was coming from the campground in the evening after sunset and was totally full.

I know it differs every year, but how early does the tree go up? If we stay the week after Thanksgiving next year will it be up (normally)?

I know it differs every year, but how early does the tree go up? If we stay the week after Thanksgiving next year will it be up (normally)?
Yes, the tree will be up before Thanksgiving! I have been keeping track over on the CCV Thread and here are the dates the tree went up at The Lodge the last few years…

2018: 11/21
2019: 11/19
2020: 11/12
2021: 11/11
2022: 11/22

Enjoy it! 🎄

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter