Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the resort boat is not running. There was a suggestion of taking the monorail from CR to MK in order to catch a bus to WL, and I suggested it would be a good way to catch the boat from MK to WL. :)

There is zero evidence/truth to this… but I asked the boat operator CM yesterday and there is rumor within their team that the CR line will open up once Hoop-Dee-Doo reopens on June 23rd.

There is zero evidence/truth to this… but I asked the boat operator CM yesterday and there is rumor within their team that the CR line will open up once Hoop-Dee-Doo reopens on June 23rd.
I so wish I knew if this were true! We will be at WL end of July, and I would book a Chef Mickey breakfast for our TL day if I knew it would be that easy to get over to CR from WL

I so wish I knew if this were true! We will be at WL end of July, and I would book a Chef Mickey breakfast for our TL day if I knew it would be that easy to get over to CR from WL

I see it as a strong possibility. It’s been closed long enough!

Excited to book the second half of our honeymoon next week - 7 nights at WL in September 2023!
Regarding the $200 deposit - can you use two forms of payment? I have a gift card and a disney visa rewards card that add up to $200 that I would like to use.

Excited to book the second half of our honeymoon next week - 7 nights at WL in September 2023!
Regarding the $200 deposit - can you use two forms of payment? I have a gift card and a disney visa rewards card that add up to $200 that I would like to use.
Yes, you can use two forms of payment. Add the rewards card first and then it will be easy to use the credit card for the balance. :)

I have a gift card and a disney visa rewards card that add up to $200 that I would like to use.
Congratulations on making the decision to book yet another step in your marriage adventure next week by booking your Honeymoon at the Wilderness lodge.

Just to add the great answer from @Wood Nymph about your specific Gift Card question.

You also need to keep your new empty Gift card. That way if for any reason Disney needs to refund you, they will put the funds back on the Gift card.

Another handy idea is that you can combine multiple Disney Gift cards to a Max of $1000 on a single card.

https://www.disneygiftcard.com/

A Disney Gift Card can be reloaded for any amount between $5 - $1,000 provided the total gift card balance does not exceed $1,000. A Disney Gift Card can be reloaded at any Disney location that sells Disney Gift Cards

Dave

You also need to keep your new empty Gift card. That way if for any reason Disney needs to refund you, they will put the funds back on the Gift card.

I second this piece of advice - definitely keep your spent, empty gift cards.
If they need to refund your purchase, it will go back to that gift card.

Combining gifts cards onto one seems like a good idea, if you are good at managing that on that website...

Congratulations on making the decision to book yet another step in your marriage adventure next week by booking your Honeymoon at the Wilderness lodge.

Just to add the great answer from @Wood Nymph about your specific Gift Card question.

Another handy idea is that you can combine multiple Disney Gift cards to a Max of $1000 on a single card.

A Disney Gift Card can be reloaded for any amount between $5 - $1,000 provided the total gift card balance does not exceed $1,000. A Disney Gift Card can be reloaded at any Disney location that sells Disney Gift Cards

Dave
Thanks for this information! I would have never thought to keep my card!

Hello we are thinking of booking in August.
My daughter lives on the flatbread pizza at Roaring Forks when we stay there as she is a picky, picky eater.

I just saw on the WDW Roaring Fork menu that pizza is not there. I’m really surprised by this as it’s a big kid staple. (And adult too!)

Has anyone been there recently and seen pizza on the menu or still there?

I would have to stay somewhere else if they don’t have it. That’s all my daughter eats for lunch!

Thanks for any information, Marina

My daughter lives on the flatbread pizza at Roaring Forks when we stay there as she is a picky, picky eater.

I just saw on the WDW Roaring Fork menu that pizza is not there. I’m really surprised by this as it’s a big kid staple. (And adult too!)

I would have to stay somewhere else if they don’t have it. That’s all my daughter eats for lunch!

I've not seen it on the menu since reopening. I haven't been since December, may have changed. Next stay is in August, I'd check for you, though it probably won't do much good!

We didn't see the pizza last summer either.
We will be checking in in two weeks, will check it out and report back.

Our son (10) would love that back on the menu, but is starting to believe us when we ask him to try something new,
that it is awesome and he would love it...LOL!

Hello Everybody!

Advice needed. We just booked our first stay at our new home at BRV. I requested first floor. I know many people say upper floors here but this is my reasoning....

We are a party of 8 including a senior and two littles that will be taking midday naps. So wanting a quiet location.
I wanted the extra space outside as compared to the small balcony.
I thought for those who wanted to run to the pool or go explore they could just walk out the sliding door. Also, jump ahead to the transportation.

I asked for a room on lakeside farthest down from the pool.

Any help from those who have stayed there would be so awesome.

TIY

Dave
So let's say I was going to buy some gift cards at the grocer (6% cashback on my amex) and Target -- I can combine them all to one card before using to put towards the vacation so that I can only have to keep one empty card? Is that the jist of this?

So let's say I was going to buy some gift cards at the grocer (6% cashback on my amex) and Target -- I can combine them all to one card before using to put towards the vacation so that I can only have to keep one empty card? Is that the jist of this?
A Disney gift card can only have a $1,000 maximum so I always end up having more than one empty gift card after I pay off a room. I will toss the empty cards after the trip is over.

Hello Everybody!

Advice needed. We just booked our first stay at our new home at BRV. I requested first floor. I know many people say upper floors here but this is my reasoning....

We are a party of 8 including a senior and two littles that will be taking midday naps. So wanting a quiet location.
I wanted the extra space outside as compared to the small balcony.
I thought for those who wanted to run to the pool or go explore they could just walk out the sliding door. Also, jump ahead to the transportation.

I asked for a room on lakeside farthest down from the pool.

Any help from those who have stayed there would be so awesome.

TIY
The pool at BRV isn't as loud as the pool in the Courtyard of the Lodge, basically because they don't do activities at the BRV pool. Still can get normal pool crowd noise, but no loud music in the middle of the afternoon for a dance party or something. Furthest from the pool will also put you furthest from transportation. So just be aware of that. However, BRV is not a massive resort, so really all the rooms are okay, although my mom would argue that one long hallway is long after a day at the parks (I just remind her it isn't as bad as Kidani Village). There is a nice grassy area outside the first floor rooms on the lakeside that we saw families, especially with littles, using when we were there in 2019. I'd check out room views on Touring Plans' room finder. They'll give you a general idea if what to expect. Also be aware there is a walkway relatively close to the first floor rooms on the pool/lake side that we saw several people use for jogging...so they'd do a loop down by the cabins and then the walkway by BRV, usually early, like 6:00 or so. I'd keep my curtains closed until everyone is ready to go in the morning. Otherwise the walkway away from the pool doesn't get used tons, at least not that we saw. My parents really enjoyed sitting on the balcony and people watch, hence why we observed what people were doing. It is really a lovely, relaxing resort and we will be back this fall.

I thought for those who wanted to run to the pool or go explore they could just walk out the sliding door.
Just FYI, SFAIK there’s no way to lock the sliding door from outside. So as long as someone is staying in the room this will work, but if everyone is leaving then at least one person needs to stay inside, lock the slider, and leave via the villa door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter