Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep! I pulled it straight off of my reservation on MY Disney Experience which is what is so weird. It suggests the address for Fort Wilderness instead. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Very weird; sorry I don’t have a backup suggestion. Hopefully someone who has been recently can help!

I take it you've never stayed in an OKW one or two bedroom villa. They don't have balconies. They have full sized porches.
Not bigger than the aforementioned other timeshare resorts off-property (Lakeshore reserve and Bonnet Creek).. Big for Disney, yes. Is OKW worth staying? I have never had it on my list of Disney timeshares to try out. Certainly not trying to suggest one is better than the other, but I struggle paying for DVC property (even at rental prices, and especially at owner prices) when I can have so much more offsite. Still staying at AK next visit, and trying to get Bay Lake to immerse the family into Disney and skip some of the transport time, but so much value and size offsite. We all like what we like I suppose.

Last edited:

You are very correct, we love that boat ride! Can be chilly, even for a NYer on colder days, but do they still pass the sneaker tree?
The sneaker tree is located between Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge. They aren't running the resort boat right now. That is the boat that would travel between CR,WL and FW and travel past the sneaker tree. :) I hope they bring that boat back again soon.

Hello! Does anyone out there know the room number of the Boulder Ridge Studio WITHOUT the balcony, just a large window? I believe it’s on the 4th floor. Appreciate your help!

You are very correct, we love that boat ride! Can be chilly, even for a NYer on colder days, but do they still pass the sneaker tree?

Sneaker tree? I haven't noticed anything that would fit that description.

Hi everyone! Staying at CCV for the first time this July. How have wait times been at the pools? Has the main pool been filling to capacity in the afternoons? Can you get in the water even if there aren't any more chairs? We normally take afternoon swim breaks and I'm hoping we won't be shut out. Thanks!

Hi everyone! Staying at CCV for the first time this July. How have wait times been at the pools? Has the main pool been filling to capacity in the afternoons? Can you get in the water even if there aren't any more chairs? We normally take afternoon swim breaks and I'm hoping we won't be shut out. Thanks!

we’re here now, I was just at the main pool yesterday around 1-2pm and it was nowhere near full. Weather was good, warm and sunny. But the main lodge is still closed so things will be vastly different come July.

It looks like Copper Creek has a "Deluxe Studio" and a "Deluxe Studio with Walk in Shower", with a disclosure that most studios with no walk in showers are on the 1st floor. Does this mean that ALL the Walk in Showers are on higher floors?
I'm not concerned with the bathroom configuration, but more so with being on the ground floor with the open patio. What is the chance of a "Walk in Shower" being on the ground floor?

How about the 1BR? Are there many of them on the ground floor as well? No shared balconies anywhere, right?

Thank you all!

It looks like Copper Creek has a "Deluxe Studio" and a "Deluxe Studio with Walk in Shower", with a disclosure that most studios with no walk in showers are on the 1st floor. Does this mean that ALL the Walk in Showers are on higher floors?
I'm not concerned with the bathroom configuration, but more so with being on the ground floor with the open patio. What is the chance of a "Walk in Shower" being on the ground floor?

How about the 1BR? Are there many of them on the ground floor as well? No shared balconies anywhere, right?

Thank you all!

Definitely a lot of shared balconies. With the metal divider.

The bottom floor is almost all studios with tubs. Im not sure its 100% tubs though. Very few 1 bedrooms on the first floor. There are only 2 and they both are lock offs. So it's possible, depending on the bookings, that there are zero 1 bedrooms on the first floor(available). There is one single dedicated 2 bedroom.

A 1BR became available this afternoon as I was browsing the WDW site. I really don't want to call in a request. There should be a button for "higher floor" at online check-in, yes?

We are staying at CCV and we have 2 local friends that want to visit. If they drive, can they get through the gate and park at the resort or is that not allowed?

We are staying at CCV and we have 2 local friends that want to visit. If they drive, can they get through the gate and park at the resort or is that not allowed?
When I asked about this for my sister, the guard at the gate told me that only onsite Guests were being allowed in. We simply added her to our room and that did the trick for us.

I don't know if this is being strictly enforced - others may have a different experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter