Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless something has changed very recently and just not been reported yet, the WL-CR-FW boat is still not running. It’s just the FW-MK, WL-MK, and GF-MK boats that are currently in operation.
Great! thank you!! We don't arrive to CCV until Dec so *fingers crossed* it's running by then!

Great! thank you!! We don't arrive to CCV until Dec so *fingers crossed* it's running by then!

If you are trying to get from WL to Contemporary of course you can always just take boat to MK and then walk over...or monorail from MK to Contemporary. Lots of options besides the boat...that's what we did in August to get to the other MK resorts from our stay at WL.

If you are trying to get from WL to Contemporary of course you can always just take boat to MK and then walk over...or monorail from MK to Contemporary. Lots of options besides the boat...that's what we did in August to get to the other MK resorts from our stay at WL.
I know we can do that but I was wondering if we wanted to have a MK PPO b'fast at CR, like at the Wave or Chef Mickeys at 7:30ish so we can just walk to MK - would the boat from WL to MK be running at 7am or even 6:45am if the park doesn't open until 9am, so we had time to walk from MK to CR and then eat and walk back to MK by 8:30ish...

OR maybe we just take an Uber/Lyft...

I know we can do that but I was wondering if we wanted to have a MK PPO b'fast at CR, like at the Wave or Chef Mickeys at 7:30ish so we can just walk to MK - would the boat from WL to MK be running at 7am or even 6:45am if the park doesn't open until 9am, so we had time to walk from MK to CR and then eat and walk back to MK by 8:30ish...

OR maybe we just take an Uber/Lyft...

Most likely not. When we were there in August we tried to catch the boat around 8am to get to MK (9am opening I believe) but it wasn't running. Instead we were forced to hop on a Disney bus, which we weren't thrilled about but it wasn't bad at all.

You'll probably be better off with Uber/Lyft would be my guess.

Most likely not. When we were there in August we tried to catch the boat around 8am to get to MK (9am opening I believe) but it wasn't running. Instead we were forced to hop on a Disney bus, which we weren't thrilled about but it wasn't bad at all.

You'll probably be better off with Uber/Lyft would be my guess.
thanks for the confirmation! Im hoping by December the WL-CR boat will be running but I'm not holding my breath...so I was thinking out loud our options.

DH and I are staying at BLT for the first time in 11 days and one thing about staying there that I'm excited about are the food options! There are a few more places open at CR along with our ability to hop on the monorail to GF and from what I hear, they're running a bus/monorail loop since the monorail is closing down before the hotel restaurants do...since the parks are closing early having more dining options and transportation makes it easier!

I‘m really hoping the boat rentals return soon. Staying here in 2 weeks and would love to rent a pontoon boat. But I understand that would require a bunch more lake patrol to be out there all day long. With just ferry’s operating, I’m assuming there are only 3 or so lake patrol rather than the 10+ that are normally out there with rentals.

we were lucky and got one of the alternate studios-3115. Beautiful resort. toured the cabin- points poor so that is a pipe dream. We had a 2br booked for this past May but Coronavirus happened and we had to cancel-toured it though. We got 2 prints with Riviera on them.

the roaring fork said mobile order but my app would not work and they let me order at the register. The CM said she couldn’t take my giftcard. I asked her to try and it worked. Geyser point was good Every time. Whispering canyon dinner was not good.

we ordered from WM grocery with no issues. We also ordered with Grubhub (Earl of Sandwich-really good) and Uber eats (Chinese food -not great but okay).

the pool was never too crowded. My view below

Attachments

• 7C566620-AAEA-4847-9575-521ACFB08870.jpeg
    7C566620-AAEA-4847-9575-521ACFB08870.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 143
  • 492F3622-B951-48BD-951E-CE044B7E584C.jpeg
    492F3622-B951-48BD-951E-CE044B7E584C.jpeg
    140.1 KB · Views: 142
we were lucky and got one of the alternate studios-3115. Beautiful resort. toured the cabin- points poor so that is a pipe dream. We had a 2br booked for this past May but Coronavirus happened and we had to cancel-toured it though. We got 2 prints with Riviera on them.

the roaring fork said mobile order but my app would not work and they let me order at the register. The CM said she couldn’t take my giftcard. I asked her to try and it worked. Geyser point was good Every time. Whispering canyon dinner was not good.

we ordered from WM grocery with no issues. We also ordered with Grubhub (Earl of Sandwich-really good) and Uber eats (Chinese food -not great but okay).

Happy you enjoyed your trip! May I ask, what room number we’re you in? Would you mind if I linked your pictures to the Copper Creek Villas thread?

LOVE reading this one...and with you on the points poor. We toured a cabin as well during our August stay...so nice but it would take a few years of saving points and even then it wouldn't get us more than 3 nights. We can dream though!

We really fell in love with Geyser Point and Whispering Canyon has always been so-so for us, less so without the antics now. We did breakfast there last trip which was okay. Will likely skip it this time.

Good to know about Grubhub as we love Earl of Sandwich and if we can get it without leaving...even better. I'm still a bit leery of visiting Disney Springs at all.

Has anyone used a streaming device at Copper Creek? Did it work at all or was the bandwidth to slow?
Really, this issue is WL GENERAL. It's all wireless, fairly limited bandwidth. I would not depend on streaming, without the expectation of LOTS of buffering :(.

My suggestion? Load your Cell Phone with a PW protected "Hot Spot" app. Connect Computer or tablet to THIS.

How long did it take for you to get your food from Earl of Sandwich?

This may be an easy question to answer, but I can’t figure it out...
Yesterday I booked a studio at Copper Creek 8/28-9/3/2021. I’m trying to add a day at the end (9/4)
It won’t let me. What am I doing wrong?

This may be an easy question to answer, but I can’t figure it out...
Yesterday I booked a studio at Copper Creek 8/28-9/3/2021. I’m trying to add a day at the end (9/4)
It won’t let me. What am I doing wrong?
I had this problem with our trip in November. I ended up calling and they got the extra day added with no problem. Unless that day is booked up. The one night we wanted was available if I only searched for it by itself, but not if I wanted to book it all together . They should be able to add it on if you call. I wouldn’t think it would be booked up this far out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter