Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ate there last night. I thought they did a good job spreading out the tables pretty far. They did a silly birthday conga like with 3 guests and they all had masks on for that, too.

I don't know what anyone else's comfort level is so I can't really render a judgment in what is and isn't acceptable. However, you can easily see the setup from the lobby and checkin area so if you weren't comfortable with it, you could simply cancel the reservation and go outside to geyser point. You can always cancel a reservation at the podium at any time if you simply ask.
So the WCC main dining room is back open? I had heard they were seating in Artist Point the last couple of days due to construction of some sort.

Seeing a lot of complaints about long bus wait times to/from resorts. For those that have stayed at WL recently, how were your bus wait times?

Last edited:
So the WCC main dining room is back open? I had heard they were seating in Artist Point the last couple of days due to construction of some sort.

Seeing a lot of complaints about long bus wait times to/from resorts. For those that have stayed at WL recently, how were your bus wait times?
That was just breakfast and lunch yesterday. They were replacing some flooring.

I have not taken the busses so I'm not sure on that. The boat to MK was fine; I've been driving to the others.

That was just breakfast and lunch yesterday. They were replacing some flooring.

I have not taken the busses so I'm not sure on that. The boat to MK was fine; I've been driving to the others.
Are they using the large slow boats as noted on the Poly page? Also how long is the wait for boats to return after park close and are the waits long in between boats in the afternoon if we wanted to take a mid-day break? TIA

Are they using the large slow boats as noted on the Poly page? Also how long is the wait for boats to return after park close and are the waits long in between boats in the afternoon if we wanted to take a mid-day break? TIA
I only did one trip, left around 4 and came back at 7:30. I'd just missed it on the way back so it took a while, although not unbearable. All disney boats seem slow to me but it's not a very far trip so it doesn't matter. (Disclaimer: we usually stay at beach club and the friendship boats to DHS are the *worst*. So, my expectations in this area are very, very low! :))

I only did one trip, left around 4 and came back at 7:30. I'd just missed it on the way back so it took a while, although not unbearable. All disney boats seem slow to me but it's not a very far trip so it doesn't matter. (Disclaimer: we usually stay at beach club and the friendship boats to DHS are the *worst*. So, my expectations in this area are very, very low! :))
Did you happen to notice if the boats were running to the Contemporary?

Only the left side of the dock (red flag to Magic Kingdom) is open currently.
If we want to go to Polynesian for breakfast at Captain Cook’s (no ADR so driving is out), whats the best way to do so? I was hoping to ride the boat to Contemporary and monorail from there to avoid MK security. If we ride the boat to MK then the boat to Poly would we still have to go through MK security? Thanks!

If we want to go to Polynesian for breakfast at Captain Cook’s (no ADR so driving is out), whats the best way to do so? I was hoping to ride the boat to Contemporary and monorail from there to avoid MK security. If we ride the boat to MK then the boat to Poly would we still have to go through MK security? Thanks!
If that boat were even running, you'd still need to go thru security at the Contemporary to get on the monorail. You can transfer boats without security though.

Ok guys I'm needing some help. I'm looking at a stay at CCV and will need a dedicated 2 bedroom.
I posted a couple pages back with some examples of the 2 different master bathroom configerations (I'm realizing most people wasn't aware of 2 different setups).
I didn't really get anywhere so I'm going to try a different route.
If you have stayed in a dedicated 2 bedroom and have had the split bathroom with the freestanding tub w/vanity in one area and a toilet and walk-in shower seperated by another vanity would you please comment your room number you were in. I'm trying NOT to get the other option (it appears there are only a couple, but my luck I'd get it). The other option is a freestanding tub with a small pedestal type sink, a vanity seperates the other side which is a toilet with a tub/shower (with curtain). This room type also has a front loader washer/dryer, not stacked. Someone suggested it could be a handicapped/special needs room, possibly, however nothing about it indicated this.
Thank you so much for helping me out, I appreciate it.

You can check the two menus here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/wilderness-lodge-resort/geyser-point/menus/lounge/

Appears that the steak sandwich has been removed.

This makes me SO sad. It was one of our favorite sandwiches and one of the things I was looking forward to staying at WL next week. :rolleyes2:sad2:

Hard to believe we are attempting a little Disney magic in the middle of all of this crazy but DH has especially been working extra hard these last few months and needs an escape.

Someone posted on the Polynesian thread that the boat from the Poly to the MK was not running.

I am trying to decide between resorts and am hoping for your help with a very specific question :crazy2:

I will almost certainly need to be able to remote in to my work computer and work a bit during my stay. I know for sure that my VPN and login works at the Poly. I know for certain that it does not work at all (even had my IT guy help) at Saratoga. Has anyone had success using a VPN at WL? Before you ask, I am not a tech person and don't know any specs. I just know that my IT guy told me that the Saratoga Springs internet settings were blocking the VPN. I would appreciate any feedback and experiences!!!

I am trying to decide between resorts and am hoping for your help with a very specific question :crazy2:

I will almost certainly need to be able to remote in to my work computer and work a bit during my stay. I know for sure that my VPN and login works at the Poly. I know for certain that it does not work at all (even had my IT guy help) at Saratoga. Has anyone had success using a VPN at WL? Before you ask, I am not a tech person and don't know any specs. I just know that my IT guy told me that the Saratoga Springs internet settings were blocking the VPN. I would appreciate any feedback and experiences!!!
Tell your IT guy to enable SSLVPN and join the 21st century, then that won't be an issue. 😆 The problem with your question, to be honest (and trying to avoid technical explanation), is there's no way to answer that without trying yourself. 5 people could say it works here, and yet you could still find out it doesn't work in your instance.

Do you have mobile hotspot on your phone? That's always a pretty good workaround in these instances. Unless you're streaming video or transferring huge video files, work-related operations typically consume a very tiny amount of bandwidth. Just be sure to disconnect that before you start watching youtube or streaming!

We arrive 8/27 and have one night in a studio at CCR (because we arrive very late at night) before moving to a cabin the following day. Does anyone know if Disney will store and move our luggage that second day when we check into the cabin?

I'm reading reports of other resort pools reaching capacity and being very busy at most times of the day. Any reports on how busy the pools have been at WL, how the two pools have compared in terms of crowds, changes by time of day, etc?

We arrive 8/27 and have one night in a studio at CCR (because we arrive very late at night) before moving to a cabin the following day. Does anyone know if Disney will store and move our luggage that second day when we check into the cabin?
Yes, they will store your luggage. I believe that you need to be in your room now in order for them to deliver your luggage

I'm reading reports of other resort pools reaching capacity and being very busy at most times of the day. Any reports on how busy the pools have been at WL, how the two pools have compared in terms of crowds, changes by time of day, etc?
I was there Aug 8-15, pool 2x a day, never that crowded at all.

We are actually at the Wilderness Lodge property now (have been her since Sunday) and will be until this coming Sunday. We have been hanging at the Boulder Ridge Cove pool as it is not as busy and much less noisy and there have been no issues with crowding. Even on our arrival day which was over the weekend, there was plenty of room to socially distance and people have been pretty respectful. This pic attached was taken from our first day. Sorry I couldn’t figure out how to turn it right side upI understand that later in the evening once the feature pool closes it gets more crowded, especially on the weekend, but I’m talking to a cast member it has only closed to capacity a couple times since the resorts have reopened.

Masks are not required on the pool deck as many have previously reported, including walking over to the restrooms which are inside the pool area but we still wear ours when we walk over and most do as well, but YMMV.

We had a studio booked for the first night moving to a one bedroom for the remainder of our trip and because there was availability and to reduce cleanings, they upgraded our first night to the one bedroom as well which was nice so we didn’t have to move! I have read this has happened to others since the reopen as well but it was really nice that we got lucky.

One thing I haven’t seen mentioned in any reports is that the showers in the restrooms are closed for safety reasons. My guess is that is across Disney property. Doesn’t impact us as we are driving but those who fly and like to take that late flight out and get some pool time on their travel day may want to take note of that.

If anyone has any other questions I can try to answer them or find out for you. This is our first trip here as we usually stay at BCVs.

Attachments

• C9E5AF30-0F89-4F9A-B306-09736A520E3A.jpeg
    C9E5AF30-0F89-4F9A-B306-09736A520E3A.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 33
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter