Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are staying with local family over Thanksgiving but are hoping to eat at Geyser Point over that weekend. Do you think it will be an issue parking at the resort since they don't take reservations?

It's hard to say as there might be a lot of non WL guests checking out the gorgeous Lobby Christmas Tree that weekend.

We are staying with local family over Thanksgiving but are hoping to eat at Geyser Point over that weekend. Do you think it will be an issue parking at the resort since they don't take reservations?
Yes, unfortunately parking at the lodge has become a bit of a hassle at certain times. I’d probably plan to take a rideshare or be prepared to park at the TTC and take boats.

SUPER exciting news! I booked my third stay at WL!!!! June 2020.
I got married at the YC in 2010, and we stayed at WL, and LOVED it. Then, we came back for Christmas 2011, stayed in WL again, still loved it, the feel of it, is our home at WDW.
Then, we came back to the world Christmas 2017, and got a really great deal on GF. it was fine and all, but, it wasn't WL.
This time, my husband is too sick to travel, (he has leukaemia, which has had an autoimmune knock on, so, even though it is looking hopeful that his chemo will knock the chronic leukaemia into remission, he can't fly) so, instead of taking the kids on my own, which would be challenging and super expensive, I am grabbing a quick 5night trip to WL solo!
I feel guilty, but, I DO need the break, and I want to collect some things for 10th anniversary hampers at home.

Has the lodge had any recent refurbs? I am pricing out a 2 night stay before our first Disney cruise in Nov 2020, and am trying to justify the cost of WL. I know my husband would love it if we stay here.

Most of the Deluxe resorts have a category room called deluxe. They are larger rooms and have a sitting area with a couch/sleeper.
Gotta love that there’s always something to learn about WDW! I’ve stayed at 10 resorts in the past two years and have never come across a deluxe room category.

We will be staying at WL next week to accompany my sister's family for their Make a Wish trip. My sister's family will be staying at Give Kids the World and they will have a rental car with car seats provided by Make a Wish. Does anyone know if it would be a problem for them to park at WL and accompany us on the boat to Magic Kingdom? Is there a time limit on how long they can park there? I would love for them to be able to join us on the amazing, peaceful ride over.

My friend visited us and parked on a weekend, there was plenty of parking and no one charged her.

Okay, I have no idea what is going on, but Mickey, Pluto, Stitch, Donald, Chip, Dale, and Meeko are currently down in the Wilderness Lodge lobby!

View attachment 446865View attachment 446867

We had six characters in the lobby when we were there in August. I don’t know why they are doing it but it sure is fun to see them. :)

I posted this back in August on the GF board! So cool, right?? At GF Pooh and Tiger played outdoor games with my kids and at Poly, Mickey, Lilo, Stitch and Pluto we’re walking around! So exciting for the kids!

https://dvcnews.com/index.php/other...cter-interaction-at-walt-disney-world-resorts
8563514B-0BC7-465F-AF9C-71A9CB425919.jpeg1A827445-7783-4638-B72A-71228182D81F.jpegB79AAC16-707E-4836-B6C0-37BDE890AB5D.jpeg9D911105-9135-49FC-AA55-B09A1F51F5FA.jpeg90291E76-B463-4943-A54B-7568CE17DC77.jpeg1E54C478-D6D5-4ACE-928C-52CD89DCA166.jpeg

Last edited:
I also posted this in the club level thread. I have a standard club level room booked, and went to Touring Plans to look at their room finder to see the views. TP lists club level rooms as standard view and courtyard view. They don't even list deluxe club level rooms. Anyone know if a standard club level booked with WDW? They list views, and courtyard etc are all listed. I'm guessing that TP just isn't accurate on how they break out the club level rooms?
Also, anyone know if bunk beds are an option for a standard club level room, is that a separate booking category, or not available at all?
Thanks.

All of the rooms on the 7th floor, which is the club level floor, are standard rooms, meaning that they have either two queen beds or one queen and a bunkbed, except for the VP suite and two rooms that have a king bed. The standard CL rooms will either have a view of woods and partial view of MK fireworks, or face the courtyard. You would request either a fireworks view, a courtyard view, or a bunkbed room to get one of those choices. They are not a separate booking category. I'm not sure how the two king bed rooms are booked.

The deluxe rooms are located on different floors and not close to the club lounge. Touring Plans doesn't always have correct information about the resorts.

All of the rooms on the 7th floor, which is the club level floor, are standard rooms, meaning that they have either two queen beds or one queen and a bunkbed, except for the VP suite and two rooms that have a king bed. The standard CL rooms will either have a view of woods and partial view of MK fireworks, or face the courtyard. You would request either a fireworks view, a courtyard view, or a bunkbed room to get one of those choices. They are not a separate booking category. I'm not sure how the two king bed rooms are booked.

The deluxe rooms are located on different floors and not close to the club lounge. Touring Plans doesn't always have correct information about the resorts.

Thanks!

That last part deserved to be bolded :)

Just read on FBk that a 51 day refurb on the 7th floor will be starting in January. Since we'll be staying in the Copper Creek area I dont think we will be affected, but I am kind of sad that we will not have a chance to stay one more time in a room with those wonderful headboards. I'm guessing that they will follow their usual pattern of top down, floor by floor refurbs when they finish the 7th floor.

Oh, guess what?! I just realised I have Courtyard View! I realise I should have known this when I booked, but, Virgin hardly ever has WL availability, so, I jumped on the only one that was available. Courtyard View will be awesome for sitting out on the balcony, right?
Do they put solo people in worse rooms?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter