Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday was my last day of work. :cheer2:
Today is my first day of retirement. :love:
We check into the Wilderness Lodge tomorrow. :yay:
We planned this trip before I decided to retire and it turns out to be the prefect way to decompress. I haven't started to pack at all because I have been so busy with work. But I have all day to do it for the first time since the 1980's. This is great. :)

Congratulations on your retirement I hope you have an especially wonderful trip!!!

We planned this trip before I decided to retire and it turns out to be the prefect way to decompress. I haven't started to pack at all because I have been so busy with work. But I have all day to do it for the first time since the 1980's. This is great. :)
Congratulations! You are going to love it, especially when planning for a trip and packing. I retired in June 2018 and when I was planning my DD and my November trip, it was so much more relaxing to not be limited to weekends when I was not too tired to read and make lists! Same thing for packing. It was the most organized I had ever been!! Enjoy!!!

Congratulations! I'm planning a trip to celebrate my retirement from my 1st job next April. How great that your trip happens to match up with your awesome reason to celebrate!

Congrats on your retirement!!

Help!
Just completing room fax via TP and apparently the room we stayed in last summer as a Standard room is now considered a “Nature view” so what would be a good room request or is it enough to simply request an upper floor with fire works view?

We woke up yesterday morning at 3:45 am for our flight to Orlando and arrived at the Wilderness Lodge around noon. Our room wasn't ready yet so we headed to Geyser Point for lunch. The smoked turkey sandwich was delicious and I will order it again.

We had our swimsuits in our carry-ons so we headed off to the villas pool while we waited for our room to be ready. We finally got our room text around 3:30 pm. We had booked a nature view room with a request to be overlooking the lobby. We ended up about as far from the lobby as you can get, but at least it is a nice view. I'll post more about it later.

The weather has been hot but dry so far. We stayed at the resort all day yesterday, roasted marshmallows at the fire pit, watched fireworks from Geyser Point, and watched the Electric Water Pageant from our balcony. The lodge is the perfect place to unwind. :)

I've been tossing around our plans for arrival day and we think we're going to let the kids swim and use the splash pad for a bit while we wait on other family members to make their way to the resort from the airport. We do have a 4pm dinner reservation, so I'd really like to be able to shower before that even if our room isn't ready. How are the showers at the gym? Will we have any issues using them to take quick showers?
There are nice showers in the restrooms at the villas pool. We used them yesterday.
Help!
Just completing room fax via TP and apparently the room we stayed in last summer as a Standard room is now considered a “Nature view” so what would be a good room request or is it enough to simply request an upper floor with fire works view?
I would simply request an upper floor with fireworks view. You can't go wrong that way since there are both standard view rooms and nature view rooms that fit that description. :)

What's the general consensus about what time your room is normally ready?
We will be arriving around 1pm and have an ADR at 1900 Park Fare at 4:30pm ideally we want to change our clothes before the ADR. Do you think this is possible?
We are staying in a Studio Villa at Boulder Ridge.

We woke up yesterday morning at 3:45 am for our flight to Orlando and arrived at the Wilderness Lodge around noon. Our room wasn't ready yet so we headed to Geyser Point for lunch. The smoked turkey sandwich was delicious and I will order it again.

We had our swimsuits in our carry-ons so we headed off to the villas pool while we waited for our room to be ready. We finally got our room text around 3:30 pm. We had booked a nature view room with a request to be overlooking the lobby. We ended up about as far from the lobby as you can get, but at least it is a nice view. I'll post more about it later.

The weather has been hot but dry so far. We stayed at the resort all day yesterday, roasted marshmallows at the fire pit, watched fireworks from Geyser Point, and watched the Electric Water Pageant from our balcony. The lodge is the perfect place to unwind. :)

There are nice showers in the restrooms at the villas pool. We used them yesterday.

I would simply request an upper floor with fireworks view. You can't go wrong that way since there are both standard view rooms and nature view rooms that fit that description. :)

Actually that’s exactly what I did!!! Now hoping for a great view but I’ll be happy just to be back at the WL! Hope you’re enjoying your stay so far...

We will be arriving around 1pm and have an ADR at 1900 Park Fare at 4:30pm ideally we want to change our clothes before the ADR. Do you think this is possible?

Possible, but IMO not probable. My past two visits in DVC villas we got the room ready texts at 4:32 and 4:37.

Check in for DVC resorts is AFTER 4pm. You might not get your villa in time to change your clothes before your dinner. If you are checking in any time soon, like the upcoming holiday weekend, it will be busy. Then it's all F&W for DVC resorts after that.

We felt the lobby was hectic during the hours that Storybook Dining was open - lots of people in the lobby awaiting their reservation time. Many strollers as well. Yes - open for dinner (I think they start at 4:30???)

But - we knew, once they announced that Storybook Dining was coming to the WL, that the lobby would be more crowded and we knew that change happens at all the resorts. So we started our trip with that in the back of our minds.

We still LOVE the WL and will keep returning (340 plus more days till we are home...lol)

We have nearly 700 days of waiting to go back - ugh!

Check in for DVC resorts is AFTER 4pm. You might not get your villa in time to change your clothes before your dinner. If you are checking in any time soon, like the upcoming holiday weekend, it will be busy. Then it's all F&W for DVC resorts after that.
We check in Sept 8th. OK so I think we will take clothes in a backpack, that way we can at least get changed and I can do my DD's hair even if it is in a public bathroom.

Haven’t been on here in awhile, but yesterday made it back to yoga for the first time all summer and the mood music had nature sounds that reminded me of the lodge. I saw pictures on several Disney blogs of a room remodeled on club level in June. I think it was a sample room of what might be coming to the rest of the lodge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter