Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if we can get distilled water at the resort? Hubby needs it for his C-PAP and I hate to place a delivery order just for that.

Yes, they sell one gallon jugs of it in the Mercantile store. Ask one of the CMs where it is -- it is usually kept in the back and they have to go get it.

SW

Here now and have been here for a week, checking out today. This was our first time here, had a great stay! Just wanted to say that I’m so glad I downgraded from a courtyard view to nature view a couple months ago! I did it to save a little money but we noticed how incredibly loud that courtyard/main pool area is! Wow! Cast members on megaphones playing games with kids etc. We never once went to that pool and always headed to the “quiet” pool. Much better! Just wanted to give my two cents if you are contemplating your view, I’d go with nature!

Here now and have been here for a week, checking out today. This was our first time here, had a great stay! Just wanted to say that I’m so glad I downgraded from a courtyard view to nature view a couple months ago! I did it to save a little money but we noticed how incredibly loud that courtyard/main pool area is! Wow! Cast members on megaphones playing games with kids etc. We never once went to that pool and always headed to the “quiet” pool. Much better! Just wanted to give my two cents if you are contemplating your view, I’d go with nature!
We prefer nature view, too. It is quieter and has the benefit of facing toward the Magic Kingdom and the fireworks. :)

When do they take the holiday decorations down?

We arrived at the WL on the day before the marathon a few years ago and the resort decorations were down already. The parks still had some, though. And the castle was still decorated will the holiday lights.

This is how we felt at AKL...we "upgraded" to pool view and there was shrieking at all hours and the movies were SO loud at night. I wouldn't pick that again.

Speaking of which, are the standard rooms at WL bad or okay? My husband prefers the Deluxes to moderate for less spread out and slightly quieter, but our budget is not geared toward the high end deluxe rooms.

Speaking of which, are the standard rooms at WL bad or okay? My husband prefers the Deluxes to moderate for less spread out and slightly quieter, but our budget is not geared toward the high end deluxe rooms.

We love Standard View at WL, and it is the only category that we have booked. The rooms tend to be on the MK side of the wing, and near the middle. There is a loading dock below them, but from the higher floors you have a great view of MK fireworks.

We will take a cheaper room at a better resort like WL any time!

We are now booked at the BRV for 12/8. In all my years going to Disney I have never been there with the Christmas decorations up. This should really be an experience! I love the idea of the sleigh ride at FT Wilderness. I’ll need to see how to book that. Funny that Artist Pointe was never crowed and now it is booked solid.

I am staying at WL for the first time in July with my family. I was wondering about travelling to Epcot. I know there are buses, but I was wondering if it might be faster to take the ferry to Magic Kingdom and then monorail to Epcot. Has anyone done this?

I am staying at WL for the first time in July with my family. I was wondering about travelling to Epcot. I know there are buses, but I was wondering if it might be faster to take the ferry to Magic Kingdom and then monorail to Epcot. Has anyone done this?
It is faster to take the bus. The morning bus is usually direct to the park, without stopping at any other resort. It is only about 12 minutes on the bus. The Epcot bus shares with Fort Wilderness later in the day, which adds another 5 minutes or so, but not bad.

Going to Epcot via two monorails will take about 40 minutes. You can take the boat to MK to catch the monorail there or you can take the boat to Contemporary and get the monorail from there. If you take the boat to MK then you go through bag check when you get off the boat, before you can go to the monorail. If you take the boat to CR then you have to go through bag check before getting on the monorail at CR. I think you go through bag check a second time when you switch to the Epcot monorail. But it might be something you want to do for fun. :)

For all the reasons Wood Nymph listed above, if you are at all concerned about time, stick with the bus.

Can anyone talk about watching fireworks from WL from Geyser Pt or the boat dock? Bonus for any pics you may have of the view! We've been planning to watch the July 4th from the Poly beach as we did years ago... but that was before the fence, villas, and DJ/party. If the view is nice at WL (we don't care if we can see the castle - we just want to see the pyrotechnic bursts) and it offers a more relaxed experience, we may go that direction instead. Thoughts?

It is faster to take the bus. The morning bus is usually direct to the park, without stopping at any other resort. It is only about 12 minutes on the bus. The Epcot bus shares with Fort Wilderness later in the day, which adds another 5 minutes or so, but not bad.

Going to Epcot via two monorails will take about 40 minutes. You can take the boat to MK to catch the monorail there or you can take the boat to Contemporary and get the monorail from there. If you take the boat to MK then you go through bag check when you get off the boat, before you can go to the monorail. If you take the boat to CR then you have to go through bag check before getting on the monorail at CR. I think you go through bag check a second time when you switch to the Epcot monorail. But it might be something you want to do for fun. :)
For all the reasons Wood Nymph listed above, if you are at all concerned about time, stick with the bus.

Since you're going to WDW for the first time, you probably don't realize that there's no direct monorail from MK to Epcot. Passengers have to transfer at the TTC from the MK monorail to the Epcot monorail.

That's why the bus from WL is faster - you wait for the bus, then ride to Epcot (with or without a stop at Ft. Wilderness). Using the monorail, you'd have to wait for the boat, ride the boat (to MK or CR), walk from the boat dock to the monorail station (a short walk at MK, much longer at CR), wait for the MK monorail, ride to TTC, get off, walk down one ramp and up another to the Epcot monorail station, wait for the Epcot monorail, ride to Epcot. And as Wood Nymph pointed out, you'd go through security twice, once at MK or CR and again at Epcot.

So while the boat ride to MK or CR is fun, it's not at all the way to travel to Epcot unless you have a lot of time to spend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter