Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be a weird question but if you got a burger or sandwich, what were the side options they offered? They don't actually list them on the official menu online and my friend going with us asked me because she's following a keto diet.

I'm not sure what sides are offered - we had french fries both times we got sandwiches/burgers - we were NOT watching our diets at all - just our waistlines expanding! LOL!

I'm not sure what sides are offered - we had french fries both times we got sandwiches/burgers - we were NOT watching our diets at all - just our waistlines expanding! LOL!
Did they have french fries? My DD loves those. Last year when we stayed at WL they only had “potato barrels” (tater tot thingys). She didn’t like those so much. We’re arriving at WL on Wednesday (can’t wait!!!), and DD would be happy to find french fries there.

We got back last Sunday from out first stay at Wilderness Lodge and I thought I would do a mini review.

We arrived 11-6 - our flight arrived at 10:30 and I got a text right away that our room wasn't ready yet. We took the Magical Express to the hotel and were the first stop once we arrived on property. Even though we knew our room wasn't ready yet, we went ahead and went to the desk to check on a room. The CM checking us in told us that our room was on the 6th floor and that it was NOT a king room like we requested. She did call someone and ask about the availability of a king room, but we were told the hotel was fully booked and there were no King room available.

Our room was lovely and was very clean. We were on the 6th floor just beyond the lobby area. We were standard view and our "below" view was a service yard, but off in the distance we could see Space Mountain and had a wonderful view of the fireworks from our balcony. We were room 6064.

As far as transportation, we never waited too long for a bus or boat. No complaints at all about transportation.

For food. We ate at Artist Point, Whispering Canyon, Roaring Fork and Geyser Point. Artist Point was the best meal of our trip - it was our first time there and I am so sad that it is being re-themed. We did breakfast at Whispering Canyon and were the first ADR of the day at 7:30 and it was great. The food was great and our server was excellent. We did three breakfasts at Roaring Fork. They were fine - nothing fantastic, but pretty good. The only thing I didn't like was that I got a "Bear Claw" one morning and it wasn't very good. Geyser Point was excellent. DH spent quite a few afternoons sitting at the bar and found the service to be top notch. One night we had a dinner reservation at Trail's End and were too pooped to go over there. The Concierge was wonderful and cancelled the ADR for us without a charge and we had dinner at Geyser Point. DH and I both had the Bison burger and it was delicious. We ate really early - about 4:45 and by the time we finished there was a fairly long wait for a table.

Other things - our room did not have the large, refillable bottles of shampoo/conditioner/body wash, but I almost wish we did because we our original set of toiletries was not replenished during the week. There was a Mousekeeping cart in the hall near our room one day and DH tried to see if there was anymore body wash on the cart he could get and there wasn't any, so I'm not sure if they are trying to use up the small ones before the larger ones are installed and are rationing them or what. We had a couple problems with our room -the tub dripped really badly and the preset numbers on the phone were wrong (I hit the "housekeeping" button one day to try and tell them about the dripping tub and I called 911 - not good). I went down to the desk the next morning and a manager was at the desk so I told her the problems. They were taken care of by the time we got back to the room that afternoon and we had a box of chocolates on the bed with a note apologizing for the problems.

We only used the quiet pool and it was nice. I just wish that the rule that little kids can't be in the hot tub without an adult was actually enforced.

Overall, it was a great trip and fantastic to try a new resort.

I just wish that the rule that little kids can't be in the hot tub without an adult was actually enforced.

This. We have trouble with this on almost every stay.

The rest of the trip sounds awesome and I can’t wait to get there in January!

We had a room once at BRV that had air conditioning units outside the bedroom door on the first floor. We loved that room! It was the only one with a shaded patio and it was hot out!

We got back last Sunday from out first stay at Wilderness Lodge and I thought I would do a mini review.

We arrived 11-6 - our flight arrived at 10:30 and I got a text right away that our room wasn't ready yet. We took the Magical Express to the hotel and were the first stop once we arrived on property. Even though we knew our room wasn't ready yet, we went ahead and went to the desk to check on a room. The CM checking us in told us that our room was on the 6th floor and that it was NOT a king room like we requested. She did call someone and ask about the availability of a king room, but we were told the hotel was fully booked and there were no King room available.

Our room was lovely and was very clean. We were on the 6th floor just beyond the lobby area. We were standard view and our "below" view was a service yard, but off in the distance we could see Space Mountain and had a wonderful view of the fireworks from our balcony. We were room 6064.

As far as transportation, we never waited too long for a bus or boat. No complaints at all about transportation.

For food. We ate at Artist Point, Whispering Canyon, Roaring Fork and Geyser Point. Artist Point was the best meal of our trip - it was our first time there and I am so sad that it is being re-themed. We did breakfast at Whispering Canyon and were the first ADR of the day at 7:30 and it was great. The food was great and our server was excellent. We did three breakfasts at Roaring Fork. They were fine - nothing fantastic, but pretty good. The only thing I didn't like was that I got a "Bear Claw" one morning and it wasn't very good. Geyser Point was excellent. DH spent quite a few afternoons sitting at the bar and found the service to be top notch. One night we had a dinner reservation at Trail's End and were too pooped to go over there. The Concierge was wonderful and cancelled the ADR for us without a charge and we had dinner at Geyser Point. DH and I both had the Bison burger and it was delicious. We ate really early - about 4:45 and by the time we finished there was a fairly long wait for a table.

Other things - our room did not have the large, refillable bottles of shampoo/conditioner/body wash, but I almost wish we did because we our original set of toiletries was not replenished during the week. There was a Mousekeeping cart in the hall near our room one day and DH tried to see if there was anymore body wash on the cart he could get and there wasn't any, so I'm not sure if they are trying to use up the small ones before the larger ones are installed and are rationing them or what. We had a couple problems with our room -the tub dripped really badly and the preset numbers on the phone were wrong (I hit the "housekeeping" button one day to try and tell them about the dripping tub and I called 911 - not good). I went down to the desk the next morning and a manager was at the desk so I told her the problems. They were taken care of by the time we got back to the room that afternoon and we had a box of chocolates on the bed with a note apologizing for the problems.

We only used the quiet pool and it was nice. I just wish that the rule that little kids can't be in the hot tub without an adult was actually enforced.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughtful mini review!

Thanks for the review! Couple questions:
How long did it take to get from getting off the plane to climbing off the bus at WL? Did you get your bags or did they?
Going home, timing wise when did they have you leave for the airport?

Thank you!

I have a deluxe room with cl access this Friday to Sunday.

This past Friday I got an email from DSS describing the location of the rooms compared to the lounge etc. They offered assistance too.

What was nice is that they offered to stock our frig for us and gave us a list of beverages available.

NICE.

That email really put me in the mood. :cool1:

Thanks for the review! Couple questions:
How long did it take to get from getting off the plane to climbing off the bus at WL? Did you get your bags or did they?
Going home, timing wise when did they have you leave for the airport?

Thank you!

When we got to the DME area, the WL bus had just left. We waited probably 10-15 minutes until we were sent outside to a bus and then about another 15 minutes for them to fill the bus.

We had them get our bags. We went to Epcot for the afternoon and when we arrived back about 530 our bags were in the room waiting for us.

Our DME pick up was 3 hrs before our flight.

I have a deluxe room with cl access this Friday to Sunday.

This past Friday I got an email from DSS describing the location of the rooms compared to the lounge etc. They offered assistance too.

What was nice is that they offered to stock our frig for us and gave us a list of beverages available.

NICE.

That email really put me in the mood. :cool1:

Trish, Looking forward to your take on the WL. If they have not changed the location, the CL offers great views of the lobby and action. Makes me feel like I'm in an upgraded Yellowstone hotel (The Old Faithful Inn) but with far more to do. The chow in the CL just about covers two meals..that is if they are still being abundant in the food offerings.

Any Christmas decorations at the resort up yet?

They didn’t have them up yesterday. Some people staying there thought it would be today, Monday, or tomorrow. We were trying to go see them from The Contemporary last night, and people waiting for the boat told us.

Trish, Looking forward to your take on the WL. If they have not changed the location, the CL offers great views of the lobby and action. Makes me feel like I'm in an upgraded Yellowstone hotel (The Old Faithful Inn) but with far more to do. The chow in the CL just about covers two meals..that is if they are still being abundant in the food offerings.
I did stay cl here before it moved but this will be my 1st with the new set up.

Luckily others have posted so I am familiar with the set up. I am looking forward to the view of tree from up there.

1st however is lasagna AND turkey in Crystal River Fl with mil. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter