• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! WDW veteran but we just booked WL for the first time and I just had to write that down somewhere, we are SUPER excited! We'll be staying there from August 7-12 in a Courtyard View. It will be my wife, my nearly 3 year old daughter, and me. This trip will be a totally different vibe since we'll have a 3 year old in tow vs just the wife and I but we cant wait to experience that side of Disney! Looking forward to reading through this thread and others for all the tips and tricks there are to make our stay at WL the best it can be. Can't wait to be a member of the unofficial WL fan club!! haha
Welcome and congratulations! Our daughter's first trip was just before she turned three, and we are going back with our son this September before he turns three. It is a great time to take a kid to Disney, and once they're napping it becomes an adult trip again. :)
Specifically for WL, our recommendation would be to make sure you take advantage of the boat transportation. While it isn't quite as quick as the bus to MK, it is a lot prettier and more fun. We also take advantage of the Blue flag boats to CR to catch the monorail and to Fort Wilderness, which has a nice playground near the boat dock that our kids enjoy.
Happy planning and welcome to the thread!

Welcome and congratulations! Our daughter's first trip was just before she turned three, and we are going back with our son this September before he turns three. It is a great time to take a kid to Disney, and once they're napping it becomes an adult trip again. :)
Specifically for WL, our recommendation would be to make sure you take advantage of the boat transportation. While it isn't quite as quick as the bus to MK, it is a lot prettier and more fun. We also take advantage of the Blue flag boats to CR to catch the monorail and to Fort Wilderness, which has a nice playground near the boat dock that our kids enjoy.
Happy planning and welcome to the thread!
We will definitely take advantage of the boat (we stayed at GF once and weren't really a fan of the boat option because during our trip, it seemed to take forever to arrive, load, and unload), thanks for the tip! We have plans to hit Chef Mickey's and head to Fort Wilderness (thanks for the info about the playground!) for a pony ride or 2 (my wife is also a hugely into horses, so win/win.) She will love it!

Just took the plunge and booked Copper Creek Villa Deluxe Studio for December 6-12. Now CCV is completely sold out for dates! Thank god we booked it when we did! (Wanted WL/GF but no availability for the dates) :( I am feeling the pain though because we booked at rack rate and I have never paid rack rate at a resort before especially a DELUXE :o. Tell me some great things about the resort and convince me it's the right choice!

Saddly - this was EXACTLY the plan for the WL, in total...

You see, for almost a decade? "Standard WL Rental Rooms" were going for 30% below RACK.... virtually year long.
As you could guess - Disney found this offensive :).

Hence? The plan. Remove 50% of Rental inventory - transfer this to DVC. And the plan worked WELL (ok, as far as Disney is concerned :)).

WL Rental areas will never see daily 30% discounts again. THAT was a good 7-8 years ago. As we saw the erosion of these "deals"? My dear wife and I bailed from the "deal wagon". DVC owners since 2012, hit "break even" vs initial investment vs DISCOUNTED rooms Nov 2018. Already booked at our Home/Favorite Resort (BRV).

All personal opinion? If one is going to GO to WL, regularly? Consider looking into DVC, if it works for your family. 6 years later, our REAL room cost at BRV is about $108/night, all fees and taxes included.

Hi all! WDW veteran but we just booked WL for the first time and I just had to write that down somewhere, we are SUPER excited! We'll be staying there from August 7-12 in a Courtyard View. It will be my wife, my nearly 3 year old daughter, and me. This trip will be a totally different vibe since we'll have a 3 year old in tow vs just the wife and I but we cant wait to experience that side of Disney! Looking forward to reading through this thread and others for all the tips and tricks there are to make our stay at WL the best it can be. Can't wait to be a member of the unofficial WL fan club!! haha

We will be there almost the same dates with also a nearly 3 year old (two weeks shy of his birthday)! We’re so excited to see the Disney Magic through his eyes. Enjoy your stay!

We are looking to book a December 2019 WL stay. Any idea when those rooms may become available? Looks like November recently went online. (Sorry if there’s a better place to ask, I swear I looked before posting.)

We are looking to book a December 2019 WL stay. Any idea when those rooms may become available? Looks like November recently went online. (Sorry if there’s a better place to ask, I swear I looked before posting.)

I think it is about 499 days out. Or somewhere around there.

You are a little early, Dec 1, 2019 is 518 days from today. Currently, Nov. 12 is 499 days from today. You can book a room only reservation at the 499 day mark.

Dave

We will definitely take advantage of the boat (we stayed at GF once and weren't really a fan of the boat option because during our trip, it seemed to take forever to arrive, load, and unload), thanks for the tip! We have plans to hit Chef Mickey's and head to Fort Wilderness (thanks for the info about the playground!) for a pony ride or 2 (my wife is also a hugely into horses, so win/win.) She will love it!
Then you’ll love going thru the horse barns at FW! Where all the draft horses are kept. The CMs are great and happy to answer any questions. Last time the CM took out a horse for us to get a better look, and pat! Also got pics with the horse! Another time we were there when they were getting the horses ready for Cinderella’s carriage.

Anyone with any recent experience with adding club level access at check in?

I did it in April, if that's recent enough. It was $99 a night. We really enjoyed it despite the hike to the lounge (room was on the end cap overlooking the boat dock). Considering again for our December trip.

Then you’ll love going thru the horse barns at FW! Where all the draft horses are kept. The CMs are great and happy to answer any questions. Last time the CM took out a horse for us to get a better look, and pat! Also got pics with the horse! Another time we were there when they were getting the horses ready for Cinderella’s carriage.
Are they boarded in the ranch near the boat launch or in the one to the south of FW? A couple years ago we did horseback riding at FW and it was all the way to the south of the resort. Hoping all the other fun stuff is in the ranch to the north!

I did it in April, if that's recent enough. It was $99 a night. We really enjoyed it despite the hike to the lounge (room was on the end cap overlooking the boat dock). Considering again for our December trip.
Great. Thank you. Did you just ask the CM when you checked in if you could add “Club level access”? I was not sure how to inquire about it.

Are they boarded in the ranch near the boat launch or in the one to the south of FW? A couple years ago we did horseback riding at FW and it was all the way to the south of the resort. Hoping all the other fun stuff is in the ranch to the north!
Horseback riding is near the main parking lot. The horse barns are closer to WL near the path that runs between the two resorts. At least they were when we visited the horses at the horse barn.

Horseback riding is near the main parking lot. The horse barns are closer to WL near the path that runs between the two resorts. At least they were when we visited the horses at the horse barn.
Thats great news! We will definitely take a walk or boat over to FW then. Thanks!!

Great. Thank you. Did you just ask the CM when you checked in if you could add “Club level access”? I was not sure how to inquire about it.

Yes, that’s what I did! I had asked about it on a previous trip so I had the details. The CM who checked me I’m wasn’t super familiar with what I was asking (I don’t think it’s common) but she asked for help and it was added without problem.

Yes, it’s near boat launch, just past Hoop de do

Yes, that’s what I did! I had asked about it on a previous trip so I had the details. The CM who checked me I’m wasn’t super familiar with what I was asking (I don’t think it’s common) but she asked for help and it was added without problem.

Are you referring to the add-on club service for DVC?

Are you referring to the add-on club service for DVC?

I believe they are referring to adding Club Level access to regular WL rooms at checkin.

Anyone with any recent experience with adding club level access at check in?

The DVC "Reunion Station" offering is available to DVC guests staying at Copper Creek or Boulder Ridge and costs $50 per night for adults and $33 for kids 3-9, and must be purchased for all nights of a stay. It does give exclusive access to a unique CL style lounge (located next to Geyser Point) in the morning and evening, but seems like a steep price to pay. We'll see how people like it and how the price adjusts over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter