Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hubby is blind. They would not allow us to write that on the reservation due to privacy (If you wanted to for accommodations)...if anyone knows if this has changed, please let us know.

Second floor should be the same floor as the lobby (but not as the floor to exit the room to the outside ?) but not sure about the sliding door.

I have been going for years and I tell them I am blind and have a service dog, what they write down I don't know. But I don't fully understand why they could not write it, not due to privacy. I assume anyone asking for a w/c room would be associated with having a need for a w/c or mobility. I assume that anyone requesting a hearing room would be associated as being a person hard of hearing or deaf. Disney does not follow federal law and have specific room for blind (although I have not seen anyone who does), federal law states that blind need a barrier free room. I know I for one have explained to Disney, 1000 times what that means, but they have no clue and keep wanting to put me in a w/c because they feel those are barrier free, I explain that barrier free w/c does not mean barrier free for a blind person. And that barrier free to me may not mean barrier free to your husband. So anyway, I ask for disability services, and then I have a 30 minute conversation about what my expectations are, and I learn a lot, do you know Disney has almost no rooms at all facing east, I won't say none, but believe me there is almost none. Why because the sun raising in the east and sets in the west, so me as a blind person who has a little sight in am, wants a room facing east with double windows, so far, I have yet to find one at Disney, because they don't want them facing east because the sun blinding you is not what most people want. Anyway, I explain to them exactly what I want, a room facing east, a room on ground floor, a room within a few steps of an exit, a room that you do not have to walk more than two hallways to get to, a room that does not have trees, hedges, wraught iron fences, fences or such right outside that you need to crawl thru little paths to get to (think POFQ), I ask for someone to walk to to the room, show me how to work the slinging door, how to walk to the exit, how to use the phone, safe and coffee pot. I than tell them that as a reasonable accommodation each hotel should have all directions on a tape recorder to give to blind persons, this would be a cheap reasonable accommodation, it has been 9 years asking and they still don't have it. I can tell you which hotels listen and work with me, I have even been called by several Disney resorts before my visit and have had great staff, that said I have had very poor also. POFQ, went above and beyond, everything was perfect, we had the last room building two right near the boat dock and pool. It was perfect, they were afraid because they could not get me closer to lobby, but I told them walking does not matter, having two windows, having a straight path down the street to the end and then the first door was pernfect. Also WLV or BRV now did wonderful, actually Disney vacation club did wonderful, whomever I talked to called all five villas I was staying at and they all did wonderful, and called me back if they could not accommodate, like AKL has no ground floor, we worked it out to a room, right next to an elevator and it was great, they also have no real grass and no where for a dog to potty, but staff walked me to a place every time I asked where the dog could potty, they went above and beyond at all villas. Even go as far as to ask on my ressies to but a garbage can on the porch for me to place the dog baggies after I clean up, and everyone has done it. BWV told me when I got there they had an emergency and the room they had for me was no longer available, they wanted to walk me to another room and see if it would work, I said fine, they had upgraded me to a 1 bedroom because they said it was the only one open close to an exit and they wanted me near an exit as requested, but was afraid that it was the far away from lobby, I said no it was perfect. Now the two worse, POR and BC, POR I fell in the river, they put me in Peirrie building or however you say it, so fartherst away, in the back, on the third floor. I could not find the building or elevator, or room or bus, or way back to lobby. They moved us two days later. BC, worst place in WDW, filthy dirty hall ways, trash thrown in hallways tripping over it. Lots and lots of curves and corners and such. I will say manager did her best with some things, she even took a map of hallways and sown thread in the map so I could feel the way the hallways were, very good, but after 4 days they moved us to contemporary. I will say no one has mad a tape recorder of how things work, which I would love, I hate that they have to read me menus for the most part. But if you tell them what needs you have and make sure they write it on your ressies, I find that for the most part they go above and beyond to accommodate. I go Disney a lot solo, or with a DGD who is now 11. I tell them, up until now I can not count on an 11 yo who is excited to get me around, so this is what I need to be independent, I ask nicely, and I explain in terms they understand exactly what I need. Also, you may have to remind them nicely, that some of there suggestions are not reasonable accommodations, like cast members who say but you have family who can read where the exit it, yes true but you are accommodating me, not me accommodating you, you don't tell the family of a w/c person that they have family that can carry them upstairs, you put an elevator in. You don't tell a deaf person that family can interpret, no you get an interpreter. So I know my family can when they are with me, read for me, but law says you need to accommodate not my family, and if I travel alone I don't have family. I will say, Disney needs improvement, but they do a good job and over time I have learned exactly what to ask for rather than say barrier free room, which they don't understand for blind persons. And lastly, every time I go weather they writ sit down or not, the managers know I am blind, they always are waiting for me, they are always ready to bring me to my room, the great me outside most of the time when the DME pulls up, or right inside at the front desk. Even if my room is not ready, they are still there to meet me. These are things I don't ask for, but Disney goes out of there way in many areas. So I do believe they write down I am blind.

The rooms you mentioned are the courtyard rooms that face Bay Lake. On touring plans the bottom half of the building map is closed (it looks roughly like a "C" on that map and the bottoms half is being converted to DVC).

For a castle/contemporary resort/monorail view try xx04-xx66 which I believe are all "standard" views at the moment. It is the top half of the top wing (non courtyard) rooms on the touring plans map.

I've oriented the WL on the attached map (very bottom of the below map) the same direction touring plans has their room map. From this illustration you can see that the MK is directly "above" those north wing rooms at the top of the "c". The courtyard facing rooms look out at Bay Lake and not toward MK.

Hope that helps!

View attachment 218208

That's perfect. Thank you!

My hubby is blind. They would not allow us to write that on the reservation due to privacy (If you wanted to for accommodations)...if anyone knows if this has changed, please let us know.

Second floor should be the same floor as the lobby (but not as the floor to exit the room to the outside ?) but not sure about the sliding door.

AFAIK they can't ask you why you want it but if you share then it shouldn't be an issue. I'd have just told them to right it down and note that the guest said it was ok to note it. Or either asked for a supervisor or called back for a different CM. At worst, you can have them note it's for medical reasons and they should have no issue with that and supposedly look at honoring requests for that as best they can.

Hi all!

I'm new to the board and thought I'd check in on my favorite hotel's forum. I'm heading back to WL in December and I'm already too excited! We stayed at Wilderness this past December and really decided there's no better place to stay at Christmas.

We tried for a Magic Kingdom view last year but ended up on a lower floor so while we saw some of the fireworks, the view was mainly construction ( not at all an inconvenience) and trees. This year we opted for a courtyard view - looking forward to seeing what we get!

AFAIK they can't ask you why you want it but if you share then it shouldn't be an issue. I'd have just told them to right it down and note that the guest said it was ok to note it. Or either asked for a supervisor or called back for a different CM. At worst, you can have them note it's for medical reasons and they should have no issue with that and supposedly look at honoring requests for that as best they can.

We were told that several times :( I will try again. Thanks :)

I have been going for years and I tell them I am blind and have a service dog, what they write down I don't know. But I don't fully understand why they could not write it, not due to privacy. I assume anyone asking for a w/c room would be associated with having a need for a w/c or mobility. I assume that anyone requesting a hearing room would be associated as being a person hard of hearing or deaf. Disney does not follow federal law and have specific room for blind (although I have not seen anyone who does), federal law states that blind need a barrier free room. I know I for one have explained to Disney, 1000 times what that means, but they have no clue and keep wanting to put me in a w/c because they feel those are barrier free, I explain that barrier free w/c does not mean barrier free for a blind person. And that barrier free to me may not mean barrier free to your husband. So anyway, I ask for disability services, and then I have a 30 minute conversation about what my expectations are, and I learn a lot, do you know Disney has almost no rooms at all facing east, I won't say none, but believe me there is almost none. Why because the sun raising in the east and sets in the west, so me as a blind person who has a little sight in am, wants a room facing east with double windows, so far, I have yet to find one at Disney, because they don't want them facing east because the sun blinding you is not what most people want. Anyway, I explain to them exactly what I want, a room facing east, a room on ground floor, a room within a few steps of an exit, a room that you do not have to walk more than two hallways to get to, a room that does not have trees, hedges, wraught iron fences, fences or such right outside that you need to crawl thru little paths to get to (think POFQ), I ask for someone to walk to to the room, show me how to work the slinging door, how to walk to the exit, how to use the phone, safe and coffee pot. I than tell them that as a reasonable accommodation each hotel should have all directions on a tape recorder to give to blind persons, this would be a cheap reasonable accommodation, it has been 9 years asking and they still don't have it. I can tell you which hotels listen and work with me, I have even been called by several Disney resorts before my visit and have had great staff, that said I have had very poor also. POFQ, went above and beyond, everything was perfect, we had the last room building two right near the boat dock and pool. It was perfect, they were afraid because they could not get me closer to lobby, but I told them walking does not matter, having two windows, having a straight path down the street to the end and then the first door was pernfect. Also WLV or BRV now did wonderful, actually Disney vacation club did wonderful, whomever I talked to called all five villas I was staying at and they all did wonderful, and called me back if they could not accommodate, like AKL has no ground floor, we worked it out to a room, right next to an elevator and it was great, they also have no real grass and no where for a dog to potty, but staff walked me to a place every time I asked where the dog could potty, they went above and beyond at all villas. Even go as far as to ask on my ressies to but a garbage can on the porch for me to place the dog baggies after I clean up, and everyone has done it. BWV told me when I got there they had an emergency and the room they had for me was no longer available, they wanted to walk me to another room and see if it would work, I said fine, they had upgraded me to a 1 bedroom because they said it was the only one open close to an exit and they wanted me near an exit as requested, but was afraid that it was the far away from lobby, I said no it was perfect. Now the two worse, POR and BC, POR I fell in the river, they put me in Peirrie building or however you say it, so fartherst away, in the back, on the third floor. I could not find the building or elevator, or room or bus, or way back to lobby. They moved us two days later. BC, worst place in WDW, filthy dirty hall ways, trash thrown in hallways tripping over it. Lots and lots of curves and corners and such. I will say manager did her best with some things, she even took a map of hallways and sown thread in the map so I could feel the way the hallways were, very good, but after 4 days they moved us to contemporary. I will say no one has mad a tape recorder of how things work, which I would love, I hate that they have to read me menus for the most part. But if you tell them what needs you have and make sure they write it on your ressies, I find that for the most part they go above and beyond to accommodate. I go Disney a lot solo, or with a DGD who is now 11. I tell them, up until now I can not count on an 11 yo who is excited to get me around, so this is what I need to be independent, I ask nicely, and I explain in terms they understand exactly what I need. Also, you may have to remind them nicely, that some of there suggestions are not reasonable accommodations, like cast members who say but you have family who can read where the exit it, yes true but you are accommodating me, not me accommodating you, you don't tell the family of a w/c person that they have family that can carry them upstairs, you put an elevator in. You don't tell a deaf person that family can interpret, no you get an interpreter. So I know my family can when they are with me, read for me, but law says you need to accommodate not my family, and if I travel alone I don't have family. I will say, Disney needs improvement, but they do a good job and over time I have learned exactly what to ask for rather than say barrier free room, which they don't understand for blind persons. And lastly, every time I go weather they writ sit down or not, the managers know I am blind, they always are waiting for me, they are always ready to bring me to my room, the great me outside most of the time when the DME pulls up, or right inside at the front desk. Even if my room is not ready, they are still there to meet me. These are things I don't ask for, but Disney goes out of there way in many areas. So I do believe they write down I am blind.

Wow, thanks for all of the advice. I will share with my husband. We have debated switching to POR because of money. My husband wants to know if you are using Jaws or voiceover to read the forums on Disboards. I didn't think they were accessible.

When we have asked for accommodations they offer us a hearing impaired room (not understanding the difference) but I never asked for the disability phone number.

Has anyone heard more about the menu at Geyser Point? I am hoping some of the menu items from RF will be offered like the regular burger and nuggets.

Wow, thanks for all of the advice. I will share with my husband. We have debated switching to POR because of money. My husband wants to know if you are using Jaws or voiceover to read the forums on Disboards. I didn't think they were accessible.

When we have asked for accommodations they offer us a hearing impaired room (not understanding the difference) but I never asked for the disability phone number.

Has anyone heard more about the menu at Geyser Point? I am hoping some of the menu items from RF will be offered like the regular burger and nuggets.

One, I would not hesitate to try POR, it was 8 years ago that I last tried it, and I think a lot has changed, especially since 3 years ago POFQ was good. But if you do go POR I would go preferred room, that is to spread out and complicated, at least for m, a resort. Where are you switching from? I got an AP rate at WL that was only $13 more than POR, and because of my dog I prefer boats to buses any day.

I use Zoom Text on a PC and voiceover on my IPad which is what I use most of the time. I know jaws, but I was taught on Zoom Text and prefer it, I never had much problem with Zoom text on disboard. I have had sleight problems on disboard with voiceover from the iPad.

Yes Disney is great at overnight what they have rather than understanding. Like someone said, sometimes you just have to hang up and get a new person, many try, but I had to learn to be patient, ask nicely and explain because honestly, people get w/c, people get deaf, people just think automatically a blind person can't do anything without a sighted person so and if you not see why go to Disney, so it is a learning opportunity and I have had wonderful conversations with many staff who are willing to listen and learn, I hope I educated a few.

Does your husband have a guide dog? I just got a new one, last month. My last dog has a serious illness and had to go back to the school, so I have a new one. This will be our first trip with her. I will not write on here, some of the wonderful, over the top out of the world experiences the Disney cm have done for me and my dog, but I will pm you if you want. I know many many would take absolute advantage if they knew some of the things, so I won't write them public. But Disney cm say we can tell this is a real service animal and do you want this, or this or this during your stay. There are things Disney use to do, that never helped, but lately I have to say I am at awe with some of the things they have done for me and my dog? Every trip gets better and better. Just write me. Or if he needs any knowledge on getting a dog, mine was flown in from 3000 miles away, with a trainer and we did the training right here from my house for 10 days.

Also, the menus, if your husband has voice over or iPad, then bring it with you. I don't like carrying it to the park, but usually by the night before or the morning of, I know what I might be feeling like to eat. So I get on all ears or my Disney experience and look up menus, and write down what I want to eat, aging me the embarrassment of having to have wait staff read the whole menu to me when I get there. It works at quick service also, so then I'm not holding up the line.

Like I say pm me if you want.

@DG25 I've been a bit of a lurker off and on but I wanted to pop on and say that I have a 20 year old blind daughter who has a guide dog she has had for about 2 years. She went to guide dog school in NY for three weeks and then flew directly to college. She says her dog has brought her so much independence. Their relationship is something so amazing.

We have stayed at the lodge with him (her dog) several times over the past couple of years :). We also stayed at the Swan with him. Both good experiences. The only thing we requested was to be near an elevator. I wanted to thank you for all the info you have shared regarding how you advocate for yourself and what you request. It has been aggravating for my daughter at times that Disney doesn't follow the laws regarding accommodations for the blind. Not sure how they get away with that. We have had a few challenges over our years of Disney trips, but also many wonderful and special experiences with some fantastic CMs that make up for the not so magical.

She has had terrible experiences at airports when traveling solo because the only assistance they will provide is WC... she doesn't need a WC! It's crazy that was all they could offer. She has traveled alone several times and it hasn't been easy :-/. Have you had airport issues?

We will be heading back to the lodge in March with the little prince (her dog... whom I consider my grand puppy) - what a blessing he has been to her as a guide and loving friend. Good luck with your new guide dog :) That had to have been hard to give the other up.

Safe and happy travels

Last edited:
Also, can you tell me what is closed because of the construction. I heard RF was closed so does that mean no QS? Also we're CL for the first time but I think the OF lounge has reopened. This will be our 3rd trip to WL but the first at CL. Looking forward to it!!!!
When we stayed club level we never used Roaring Forks. We either ate breakfast in the lounge or at Trails End. We ate lunch at the parks or another resort. And we had dinner either in the lounge or one of the restaurants.

The new Geyser Point Restaurant will be counter service while Roaring Forks is closed, so you will be fine. We will be at the WL in March and can't wait to see what the new restaurant is like. :)

@DG25 I've been a bit of a lurker off and on but I wanted to pop on and say that I have a 20 year old blind daughter who has a guide dog she has had for about 2 years. She went to guide dog school in NY for three weeks and then flew directly to college. She says her dog has brought her so much independence. Their relationship is something so amazing.

We have stayed at the lodge with him (her dog) several times over the past couple of years :). We also stayed at the Swan with him. Both good experiences. The only thing we requested was to be near an elevator. I wanted to thank you for all the info you have shared regarding how you advocate for yourself and what you request. It has been aggravating for my daughter at times that Disney doesn't follow the laws regarding accommodations for the blind. Not sure how they get away with that. We have had a few challenges over our years of Disney trips, but also many wonderful and special experiences with some fantastic CMs that make up for the not so magical.

She has had terrible experiences at airports when traveling solo because the only assistance they will provide is WC... she doesn't need a WC! It's crazy that was all they could offer. She has traveled alone several times and it hasn't been easy :-/. Have you had airport issues?

We will be heading back to the lodge in March with the little prince (her dog... whom I consider my grand puppy) - what a blessing he has been to her as a guide and loving friend. Good luck with your new guide dog :) That had to have been hard to give the other up.

Safe and happy travels

Hi, you can pm me if you like and we can have a conversation, if you like. What school in NY, mine came from GEB! It was very very difficult to give up my other dog, still is. You bond I would say more than you do with your kids, maybe cause they don't talk back. I really did not know my dog would not return when she left sept 25, I thought they would do surgery and she would return to me, but long term she may not be a guide dog, well the expense and the need to be close to the school for future needs was so great, they needed to find her a place near the school, so she is in penn on a lake in pocono's, so I feel good, what I hate was first the school did not tell me until after she moved, and second the new owners will not allow phone calls, so the rage I feel, is like if CPS can and ripped your child out of your arms and said sorry it's for the best. I will say it was for the best, they just did a terrible job with how it all came down. I also believe they don't want other people to know that these dogs can get this disease, her lungs kept filling with lymph fluid and even if they drained it it would fill back up, when I learned about it, my vet said he knew about it but never had a dog with it, when talking to GEB they say they have it a few times a year, they never told me about it.

Like I say have questions, let me know in a pm. I find that I have to stay away from the disability forum here, they know nothing about blind or accommodations for the blind and people say the rudest things, yet they are the ones fully accommodated by Disney. By the way Disney gets away without accommodating blind for two reasons, one you already stated, how hard it is for a blind to travel solo, but second, is it is not possible for blind persons to file a class action lawsuit against Disney, which I find total discrimination. That is I can as an individual file a lawsuit and you can as an individual, but we can not go together and file a lawsuit, blind is the only one with this total discrimination. Being that we need to do it seperate, unless you are Trumps kid you don't have enough money to take on Disney. There fore we can not get any further, except learning to ask very specifically for what we need and why.

That said, Disney has been listening lately. I remember when I could not get a guest disability card or a or what do they call it now. They would tell me I had family to do that, and not to pick on another disability but don't they all have family who can help. Last year when only my DGD who was 10 and I went, I waited almost 2 hours at space mountain for a manager, because the cast members refused to put the dog kennel together because I could send her alone and then I could go myself alone, I asked it they would walk me there and they said no I have a cane for that. Yes, I waited for a manager, and was accommodated they set up the kennel and watched my dog while we went together, and they were talked to, because the next 15 days we never had a problem, but how many people would calmly take 2 hours out of there vacation to deal with Disney, I think they wanted us to just leave. I love that they have kennels for my dog, but it is not perfect, I sometimes have to wait 30 to 40 minutes before a CM will come and set it up, they say it has to be a manager. What good is a fp if I have to wait 45 minutes before I even get the kennel, then I still have to go wait in fp line.

As for the airport, I have not had that problem, I tell them I need assistance but not a w/c, they keep trying to say a w/c would be easier, and I just say maybe for you but not for me or my dog, because you pushing a w/c will interfere with me being independent and allowing my dog to do her job, I only fly Alaska and they finally get it and don't give me trouble anymore. Again you always have to advocate, I tell the person to just walk and I will command the dog to follow, I don't want them to touch me or drag me, or pull me to the gate, just walk and my dog will follow and I will get there safe. I also have trouble a lot with the TSA, it seems you have to educated each one every time, but again I do. I tell them I need more time, don't rush me. I put my stuff on the belt and then take off the harness, and tell them to have the dog go thru, I then ask them to stick out there hand and I take there hand and walk thru. I tell them I won't move until they give me back my harness and my dog can walk. They have been okay, but yes you have to tell them and be firm but not impatience, because I realize they have a thousand people an hour they are moving thru so they are stressed. I love it when they open up a line just for me, but that does not always happen. Oh when I put my stuff on the belt, I tell the person, please look at my items, because at the end I need them back and sometimes 10 other people have grabbed there stuff before I get to it, I find that someone has always watched over my stuff, and are there to hand it all back to me.

Last thing, does your daughter use trekker, or google maps to get where she wants to go. I use both, when trekker first came out, Disneyland was hugely interested. I had a CM who helped me with everything, he helped me locate my room thru trekker, locate the pool gate, the coffee shop, everything, he was so helpful. Now between google maps and trekker, I can get almost everywhere in DL, and WDW on my own with no help, I am usually within 5 feet and then if I need help usually someone will tell me from the crowd, 5 more feet.Also, I don't use it all the time because I don't always want to miss the free feeling, but Disney does have a program for you so that they will discribe what is happening on rides and shows, well worth trying it at least once, I think it still cost $25 to rent, and they give you the money back when you return it.

Dg25.. yes! Guiding Eyes for the Blind :) She had a bit of a rough time becuz the dog they originally matched her up with and she spent several days with and bonded with wasn't working out for her and her walking speed..so they said it's a no go and had to try and quick find her a different dog. She had a tense few days afraid she'd be leaving without a dog..but thank God it worked out. Another in her class did leave without a dog :(

She will never remove his harness for TSA. She will hold his leash and tell him sit stay...and she goes thru the scanner...then she calls him thru. Many times she just stands tough and says this is how I am going to do it. Only one time was there an issue. She fought it and did her way. I think she said by law they cannot make her remove his harness....?? She's a tough cookie when she needs to be. Oh are and American are terrible...as a family we have only flown SWA together out of mdw and no issues at all there....but she has US. The O'Hara times she was alone. Bad experiences.

Years ago she tried the descriptive headsets..she wasn't impressed :-/...

Heading out...thanks for the info!

Fellow PA person here - weather can be anything from high 70's during the day to low 50's at night. I tend to pack Capri pants and tshirts for the day but take a jacket for the evenings. My kids wear shorts the whole time - but like to complain at night when they're cold lol. Unfortunately you'll need to pack for warm and chilly. As for driving, once you clear Virginia you should be ok. Just be mindful what time you'll be going around D.C. and Richmond. Try to avoid those areas around work commute times. After that you should be fine.

We check in late on the 14th. If it's chilly and you only see a few crazy people in the pool - it's probably us. So come say hi!!

Have a great trip! - Heather
Thanks for the info. Luckily we don't go near DC. Straight down I79, I77 to I95. Staying in Charlotte the first night so once I'm through VA I'll feel better. I'll look for you in the pool. I'll just yell 'Hey, PA!'

Generally speaking, the weather tends to be in the low 50s at night and mid-70s during the day. Naturally, a storm system can bring in cooler temps. As for QS, either Roaring Fork or the new Geyser Point Bar & Grill (GP) will be open. The timing is still a bit iffy on when the former will close for refurb and the latter open for business, but you'll have something. Further, Territory Lounge is open for coffee and pastries, so that could be an option, as well.

GP is located where the beach used to be, behind Trout Pass Bar, conveniently located between the main pool and the new quiet pool being built nearer the classic Villas. Trust me, you can't miss it. It should definitely be open when you are there. As for the type restaurant, it's been called in various articles across a spectrum of sites both a TS and a QS. My educated guess is that it will have burgers, chicken, sandwiches, and fried foods at a minimum. :rotfl:Oh, and drinks, both alcoholic and non. ;)
Thanks for the info. I just saw where GP opens the day after we arrive so I'll be checking it out.

Dg25.. yes! Guiding Eyes for the Blind :) She had a bit of a rough time becuz the dog they originally matched her up with and she spent several days with and bonded with wasn't working out for her and her walking speed..so they said it's a no go and had to try and quick find her a different dog. She had a tense few days afraid she'd be leaving without a dog..but thank God it worked out. Another in her class did leave without a dog :(

She will never remove his harness for TSA. She will hold his leash and tell him sit stay...and she goes thru the scanner...then she calls him thru. Many times she just stands tough and says this is how I am going to do it. Only one time was there an issue. She fought it and did her way. I think she said by law they cannot make her remove his harness....?? She's a tough cookie when she needs to be. Oh are and American are terrible...as a family we have only flown SWA together out of mdw and no issues at all there....but she has US. The O'Hara times she was alone. Bad experiences.

Years ago she tried the descriptive headsets..she wasn't impressed :-/...

Heading out...thanks for the info!

I don't know how I will do it with my new dog, but I removed the harness, because my dog got so scared and upset when they patted her down. So yes, I remove the harness on her, but this dog is different.

I did have to leave without my first dog, I had a female that I really loved, but things happen. A few months later they sent me out a dog, and trained me in my home, I made 14 days at school and didn't want to go to school again. This time there was no question for me, they were coming to me, I hate taking so much time to go to them. I am so glad they have both programs.

Nice to know other guide dog and blind love WL.

Thanks for the info. Luckily we don't go near DC. Straight down I79, I77 to I95. Staying in Charlotte the first night so once I'm through VA I'll feel better. I'll look for you in the pool. I'll just yell 'Hey, PA!'
Fog likely a bigger concern than snow on I-77. I live just off the interstate on the Blue Ridge Parkway just a few miles before you hit the NC/VA state line (exit 8 on I-77). ;) Also, don't know how often you've driven this route, but I-77 from Ft Chiswell all the way to NC state line (about 30 miles) is heavily patrolled by state and county police with radar. If you drive like me, shouldn't be an issue. :rotfl:

re: Geyser Point Bar and Grill - I am now compeltely confused as to what exactly this is going to be! We are returning to the lodge on 13th July (no letter regarding RF closure so I expect it will be well open by then)

I had originally read and thus assumed that Geyser Point was going to be a QS but after a bit of sniffing around t'interweb I have found various articles suggesting both Table and Quick service (which I hope is true as, although I like whispering canyon, I would also like a "normal" TS option at the lodge. Would also like a QS with more varied options than the RF (this will be a 4th visit so have used RF plenty in the past))

Official Disney site says "Beyond the new pool space, scheduled enhancements to the resort are “chugging along” and include a brand-new bar & grill, in addition to a quick-service restaurant."
Link: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ties-coming-soon-to-disneys-wilderness-lodge/

Disneyfoodblog says "And next summer it will be home to a new table service restaurant - Geyser Point Bar & Grill. A new quick service restaurant is planned as well."
Link: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/tag/geyser-point-bar-grill/

And finally DVCnews says "Geyser Point Bar & Grill is the new waterside food service option under construction. The restaurant features both table service and quick service dining alternatives."
Link: http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resort...ge-construction-update-december-2016?start=12

Guess I will just have to wait and see once everyhting is fully open. Any thoughts?
We're checking in on 2/12 and just received an email from WL saying Geyser Point is opening on 2/13. Because it is replacing Roaring Forks while it is being renovated, it will be a QS for now and become a TS when RF is reopened.

I'm trying to figure out what room requests I should make for our May trip. We are booked courtyard, and I would like a higher floor with view of pool and not open to lobby because my daughter goes to bed super early before WCC closes. Any suggestions?

Fog likely a bigger concern than snow on I-77. I live just off the interstate on the Blue Ridge Parkway just a few miles before you hit the NC/VA state line (exit 8 on I-77). ;) Also, don't know how often you've driven this route, but I-77 from Ft Chiswell all the way to NC state line (about 30 miles) is heavily patrolled by state and county police with radar. If you drive like me, shouldn't be an issue. :rotfl:
We're leaving early and should hit that area mid-afternoon so hopefully any fog there may have been in the morning has burned off by then. We always go this route and love the Blue Ridge Parkway. I worked in Mt. Airy for awhile too. And thanks for the radar tip. It may be a problem for me but for DH it isn't so I'll make sure he's driving through that area. LOL Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter