Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was possibly thinking of a last minute trip, would be arriving in a few weeks. It would also be my first time staying here. I wanted to stay club level - standard view. Would construction affect this room? What would be best to request through online check in? Thanks so much!

If staying CL and want to avoid all if not most of construction ask for: "north wing, woods view" and enjoy a partial TPV room. Just don't look down lol!

Oh yeah!! So maybe it will show up overnight one evening when we are there! Can't wait to see it!! Fx!!! Hope it shows up for you too Kristi!

BIG THANKS aren't enough for your DH, but please pass them on to him for us.

If you would like to have your luggage stay with you throughout the ME process, don't put your ME tags on your luggage. You can retrieve your luggage from baggage claim and hand-carry it to the ME bus where they will load it on your bus and give it to you upon arrival at your resort. If your room isn't ready, you can store the luggage with Bell Services.

:thumbsup2 Will give DH the message...he'll appreciate that. The Vietnam Vets weren't given the "welcome home" the current military gets...and DESERVES. I remember picking him up at the airport after his deployment of 17 months...no hugs, kisses or visiting...their CO's told them to get out of the airports ASAP...and we did hear a few "not so nice" words. It's been gratifying for them the past few years as their service is finally being recognized. Thanks again. :hug:

As for the luggage...traveling with 9 & 13 year old DGD's who wouldn't THINK of allowing us to take the time to retrieve luggage. :lmao: It's off the plane, DIRECTLY to ME...I'm lucky if I get to make a stop at Starbuck's while they're in the restroom! :rotfl2: We pack 2 changes of clothes in carry-on luggage and often don't get into larger pieces of luggage until the 2nd day. :rolleyes: But, with that said, thanks for that piece of information...I WILL remember that for our next "without grandchildren" trip! :thumbsup2 :tink:

We are down to Single Digits!!!!! 8 DAYS till we're back!! I'm very excited!!! Almost done packing! Going shopping this weekend for snacks for the trip! I am truly looking forward to the main entrance doors at WL opening and seeing that beautiful Christmas tree!
To everyone leaving this month, have a great trip!!!!!!

Long time lurker... We will be checking in on 12/19 for a weeks stay! We will be there really early as we have a Marceline to Magic Kingdon tour that morning. My question is should we bother trying to check in and have Bell svcs hold our luggage or just go straight to the park? Our room request is more important than getting in early. Should we do on line check in through MDE? We have a room request fax going through TouringPlans. TIA!

We'll be arriving about the same time :cool1: and also have a woods view room. We're expecting to arrive around noon, have reservations at HS's Prime Time at 2:50 and will stay for Osborne Lights before returning via Y&BC/BW and the Christmas decorations at these resorts. Hoping our room IS ready when we arrive but we're using MagicExpress so know our luggage won't be there until we return that night. Are you as excited as WE are? :yay: We haven't been at WL since 2009 and super, super excited about the Christmas decorations...construction is no big deal...we'll be at DW! party: :tink:

Yes, we are getting super psyched about our visit. We are getting set on everything and since it's our 1st visit looking to have a blast! :dogdance:

Welcome and congratulations! I'll log your dates. To guarantee a CL King, you should book the Honeymoon Suite. Otherwise, I believe there are very few CL kings, but you can request one. Also, make sure your anniversary is noted. Standard (non-suite) CL room locations/types are by-request only. Just email the IPO with your requests and they'll add them to your reservation.
How do I book the Honeymoon Suite? Do I need to call them? Also, when should I get a notice from IPO?

Long time lurker... We will be checking in on 12/19 for a weeks stay! We will be there really early as we have a Marceline to Magic Kingdon tour that morning. My question is should we bother trying to check in and have Bell svcs hold our luggage or just go straight to the park? Our room request is more important than getting in early. Should we do on line check in through MDE? We have a room request fax going through TouringPlans. TIA!
I find calling them 10 days before your arrival date to discuss your requests personally to be most effective. That's also the time the resort recommended during my first visit when I did not book directly with Disney.

If you will be personally stopping in the resort to drop off luggage, it will only take a few more minutes to check-in if you have not already done so online.
If the room is available, I like to stop in to secure items in the safe (travel documents, everything substituted by the Magic Band) and just check out the room in case there's something that needs attention while I go play.

I was toying with the idea of Dec 2016 trip..... What will they be working on then? Any idea, lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter