Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you asking what time you need to leave the WL in order to run the marathon on Sunday? If that is your question then the race provides resort bus service for the runners. The buses usually arrive at the resort around 3:30am - but you would need to find out the exact schedule for that.

I'm not running, but I'll be happy to cheer on the runners. ;) We enjoy seeing the finishers proudly wear their medals in the parks after their races. :)

I am just now seeing your reply to my post and realizing that I should read my post before submitting because that sentence is poorly written. Thank you for your response.

I'm back and just booked a short 3 day stay at the WL! 11-27 through 11-30 and I'm excited. We managed to score a standard room and requested north wing above WCC. Thing is now (as always) my wife is asking if we should try AKL for roughly the same price? No CL this time just regular rooms. Any thoughts? Poly DVC is available for 60$ a night more also.

I'm back and just booked a short 3 day stay at the WL! 11-27 through 11-30 and I'm excited. We managed to score a standard room and requested north wing above WCC. Thing is now (as always) my wife is asking if we should try AKL for roughly the same price? No CL this time just regular rooms. Any thoughts? Poly DVC is available for 60$ a night more also.
You realize that you are asking people who love the WL if you should stay here or go somewhere else. :) You can't beat the Christmas decorations at the WL. And the boat to MK is really nice.

We like AKL, but far prefer WL for location, easy transportation to MK and access to the monorail. Also, I'll almost always choose a resort on the water over one that is not. As for Poly DVC, that's a VERY difficult call. As much as I love WL, Poly location/transportation options are outstanding. We resolved that issue by splitting our upcoming stay between WL and a Poly studio - but we have 5 nights.

We are excited to be visiting WDW for the 1st time in about a week! We split a week between WL and POR. Anyway, I am doing the online check-in and we already have our magic bands. A few questions.
  1. Is there a room request I should make using the automated system? (ie. higher level, away from elevators, etc)
  2. I understand there is a large construction project underway in the area, does anyone have any recent updates for that and which block of rooms to stay away from?
  3. With the magic bands, we linked our tickets. However since we are splitting hotels, we got 2 sets of bands. Are the rooms linked to each set of bands or can we just use 1 set of bands for the whole week for both room reservations & tickets?
  4. What is the earliest time we could possibly check-in? (we plan to arrive by vehicle in the morning and go straight to the park, during the mid-day break we'll go check in and grab lunch. I am thinking around 1-2pm?)
  5. For parking, since we'll be staying at the resort but not checked-in, will we still have to pay for parking at the parks? Or is it better to go park at the resort and take the buses to the parks?
Sorry for so many questions, would appreciate any tips! tia!

We haven't heard any recent updates on the construction at the WL. The last we heard it hadn't really started yet, but that might change by the time you arrive. You didn't say what category you had booked, but if it is standard view then you should be away from the construction.

All of your MagicBands will work for all of your resort rooms. As long as they are linked to your MDE account it won't matter which band you use. You can use one set for your entire stay or mix them up to match what you are wearing. ;)

You can check in as early as 7am. Our room has been ready by 11am most of the time.

I don't think you will have to pay for parking. If you are staying at the WL then you should always take the boat or bus to MK. That way you can avoid having to park at the TTC. You can drive to the other parks if you like. The same with POR - take the bus to MK and drive to the other parks.

We haven't heard any recent updates on the construction at the WL. The last we heard it hadn't really started yet, but that might change by the time you arrive. You didn't say what category you had booked, but if it is standard view then you should be away from the construction.

All of your MagicBands will work for all of your resort rooms. As long as they are linked to your MDE account it won't matter which band you use. You can use one set for your entire stay or mix them up to match what you are wearing. ;)

You can check in as early as 7am. Our room has been ready by 11am most of the time.

I don't think you will have to pay for parking. If you are staying at the WL then you should always take the boat or bus to MK. That way you can avoid having to park at the TTC. You can drive to the other parks if you like. The same with POR - take the bus to MK and drive to the other parks.

Thanks for the info. I think we have the woods view rooms. That's great we can check in that early, I assume with the online check-in we just get a text message as to when the room is ready.

I'm actually quite excited! We will stay put at the Lodge and I'll update with some pictures. Can We be added to the roll call? 11/27-11/30

Thanks.

Okeydokey!

We are excited to be visiting WDW for the 1st time in about a week! We split a week between WL and POR. Anyway, I am doing the online check-in and we already have our magic bands. A few questions.
  1. Is there a room request I should make using the automated system? (ie. higher level, away from elevators, etc)
  2. I understand there is a large construction project underway in the area, does anyone have any recent updates for that and which block of rooms to stay away from?
  3. With the magic bands, we linked our tickets. However since we are splitting hotels, we got 2 sets of bands. Are the rooms linked to each set of bands or can we just use 1 set of bands for the whole week for both room reservations & tickets?
  4. What is the earliest time we could possibly check-in? (we plan to arrive by vehicle in the morning and go straight to the park, during the mid-day break we'll go check in and grab lunch. I am thinking around 1-2pm?)
  5. For parking, since we'll be staying at the resort but not checked-in, will we still have to pay for parking at the parks? Or is it better to go park at the resort and take the buses to the parks?
Sorry for so many questions, would appreciate any tips! tia!

:welcome: to the DIS and the WL/VWL thread!

1. The North Wing will be furthest from construction that will start near the South Wing. The highest floor that does not have enclosed balcony railings is the 5th. There is a link in the beginning of POST 1 to the VWL/WL DVC Expansion thread that has more details on the project.

4. You can check-in as early as 0600 and receive all resort/package benefits. If you're staying Club Level, you can still check-in downstairs at 0600, but they don't start processing CL guests upstairs until 0700.

Thanks for the info. I think we have the woods view rooms. That's great we can check in that early, I assume with the online check-in we just get a text message as to when the room is ready.

Not necessarily. I've had mixed results including not getting a text at all prior to our room being ready and getting texts from Disney Room Alerts (about 3 times) asking me to "Please see the front desk about your room assignment when you arrive at your resort." I asked about this each time and was told that this happens about half the time and the CMs don't know why.

I'm so excited! DH and I are booked in a club level room for 2 nights/3 days mini anniversary celebration 12/22-12/24. I've already got reservations for dinner on 12/22 at Brown Derby and also for the Merry & Bright reception that night (my one park day), we're thinking of doing a movie at Disney Springs on 12/23, and walk around, I'm sure, do some shopping, etc. We've never stayed at Wilderness Lodge though we have dined there a few times in the past, including last year for our anniversary. And we've not done club level at Disney either, only at Universal, so we're excited about that too. Wilderness Lodge has long been hubby's favorite of all the Disney hotels, and I agree that it can't be beat at Christmas, so festive! Does anyone know if it is possible to get a club level room with just 1 bed?

I'm so excited! DH and I are booked in a club level room for 2 nights/3 days mini anniversary celebration 12/22-12/24. I've already got reservations for dinner on 12/22 at Brown Derby and also for the Merry & Bright reception that night (my one park day), we're thinking of doing a movie at Disney Springs on 12/23, and walk around, I'm sure, do some shopping, etc. We've never stayed at Wilderness Lodge though we have dined there a few times in the past, including last year for our anniversary. And we've not done club level at Disney either, only at Universal, so we're excited about that too. Wilderness Lodge has long been hubby's favorite of all the Disney hotels, and I agree that it can't be beat at Christmas, so festive! Does anyone know if it is possible to get a club level room with just 1 bed?

Welcome and congratulations! I'll log your dates. To guarantee a CL King, you should book the Honeymoon Suite. Otherwise, I believe there are very few CL kings, but you can request one. Also, make sure your anniversary is noted. Standard (non-suite) CL room locations/types are by-request only. Just email the IPO with your requests and they'll add them to your reservation.

We'll be arriving about the same time :cool1: and also have a woods view room. We're expecting to arrive around noon, have reservations at HS's Prime Time at 2:50 and will stay for Osborne Lights before returning via Y&BC/BW and the Christmas decorations at these resorts. Hoping our room IS ready when we arrive but we're using MagicExpress so know our luggage won't be there until we return that night. Are you as excited as WE are? :yay: We haven't been at WL since 2009 and super, super excited about the Christmas decorations...construction is no big deal...we'll be at DW! party: :tink:

As the wife of a Vietnam veteran, I sincerely thank you. :grouphug: :tink:

BIG THANKS aren't enough for your DH, but please pass them on to him for us.

We'll be arriving about the same time :cool1: and also have a woods view room. We're expecting to arrive around noon, have reservations at HS's Prime Time at 2:50 and will stay for Osborne Lights before returning via Y&BC/BW and the Christmas decorations at these resorts. Hoping our room IS ready when we arrive but we're using MagicExpress so know our luggage won't be there until we return that night. Are you as excited as WE are? :yay: We haven't been at WL since 2009 and super, super excited about the Christmas decorations...construction is no big deal...we'll be at DW! party: :tink:

If you would like to have your luggage stay with you throughout the ME process, don't put your ME tags on your luggage. You can retrieve your luggage from baggage claim and hand-carry it to the ME bus where they will load it on your bus and give it to you upon arrival at your resort. If your room isn't ready, you can store the luggage with Bell Services.

Any idea when the christmas tree and decor goes up at WL? We are arriving next Thur and crossing fingers it will be up but not sure! Thanks!

Any idea when the christmas tree and decor goes up at WL? We are arriving next Thur and crossing fingers it will be up but not sure! Thanks!

Looks good for you! From the CHRISTMASTIME chapter located HERE:

Decorations begin going up the week prior to Thanksgiving Week. In 2014 the tree went up overnight on 11/24. In 2013, the tree went up on 11/19.

They are tight lipped. Lol. I called and asked yesterday. From what I've researched, it has, all but last year, went up 8-9 nights before thanksgiving. We leave to come home in the 18th, so I'm crossing my fingers it's the 17th or 18th!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter