Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gahhh--there are no cases of bottled water in the merchantile. I was told that it'd be $3/bottle and just multiple it by 24 bottles.

I was planning to buy a case or 2 of water when we arrived. Does anybody know if they were just out of it or if they won't be carrying it anymore?

I was planning to buy a case or 2 of water when we arrived. Does anybody know if they were just out of it or if they won't be carrying it anymore?
The usually carry the cases of water. They also have gallon bottles of it. If they ran out then it is probably temporary.

I need a recommendation for a deluxe room. I booked today for 10 nights Feb/Mar 2016. We would like a full balcony, nice view and to avoid the construction as much as possible. The only times we have stayed here before was quite a while back in the VP suite when my dh and ds came also. This will be a mom and dd trip so we don't need the extra room. We stayed in a deluxe at BC this Feb/Mar. I'd like to put in a request to the IP as soon as possible. TIA!

ETA We will be staying CL so easier access to the lounge is important too.

Last edited:

The usually carry the cases of water. They also have gallon bottles of it. If they ran out then it is probably temporary.

I never did ask-we just decided that we would ask for ice water in the parks from counter service. Haven't had a problem with that. I was in the merchantile tonight and still no cases of water bottles.

I am thinking of booking a room at WL for Thanksgiving 2016. I know there will be construction going on during that time period and I am okay with that. We have usually booked standard view rooms at the value and moderate resorts on previous trips because we are not in our room much except to sleep and dress. I am trying to decide between Standard, Woods, and Courtyard for this trip. I want to try and select the one which would possibly be the least impacted by the construction and it is hard to know what things will be like at that time. Does anyone who has stayed there previously have any suggestions for me? Thank you.

The construction will affect courtyard view rooms that face the villas pool. I would think that standard and woods view rooms would be less likely to be affected by noise.

One more week until we check in:yay:. But before we get there, this week is going to be crazy. I fly to FL for work late Monday night. Fly back home Wednesday night, then leave Thursday after work to drive 14hr straight through the night with 2 small kids going crazy in the back seat. Definitely ready for a vacation.

One more week until we check in:yay:. But before we get there, this week is going to be crazy. I fly to FL for work late Monday night. Fly back home Wednesday night, then leave Thursday after work to drive 14hr straight through the night with 2 small kids going crazy in the back seat. Definitely ready for a vacation.

Drive safely...DD and I did that in 2012 and it was grueling...I vowed NEVER again! Southwest Airline is now my "best friend"! :rotfl: :tink:

I can't wait till our stay at WL Dec 6-11th. This has been my dream resort for christmas. Going to celebrate my very late 30th birthday with my husband. The best part for us is that we were able to get military rate.

Hi everybody!!! My daughter and I have been trying to pick a resort to stay for our Mother and Daughter trip to the World for the past four months!! At first, we thought about the Poly...did a lot of research and looked at the "pins" that my daughter always seem to be getting on her computer...I don't know how she does it but she seems to get at least once a month!!! Anyway...we then happened on to the Boardwalk and thought that was where we wanted to stay...same thing..research and "pins"!!!! Finally, she got around to telling me that she really would like to stay at the Wilderness Lodge!!! I have stayed at the Poly and had some bad memories associated with it so I really didn't want to stay there...she came up with the perfect solution!!! So now we are planning our Sept. 2016 with the Wilderness Lodge! I am getting excited about the place. I know that the construction will be going on and I have no problem with it. I have been reading this thread and have decided that this is THE place for us!!! I have one question, though, a few years ago, (about 15 actually), we were there for the Whispering Canyon and the whole place was FREEZING!!!! Is it still that way? By the time we had walked across the lobby, I was looking for a sweatshirt in the store!!!! I don't mind a little cool but don't relish chopping the icicles off my nose again!!!

Today I FINALLY booked WL Woods View room for 2 nights during our split stay birthday extravaganza trip the first week of December! We'll be in Disney from Dec 1-6, staying at All Star Sports from 12/1-12/4 and then FINALLY from 12/4-12/6 we'll be at the Wilderness Lodge taking in all the beautiful Christmas decorations! I can't contain my excitement!!

Oh wow! Crazy but worth it once it's all said and done! We drive too and are planning our first straight through ride since having the kids!!! 16 hours for us. Should be interesting!!!!!!! Good luck and have a safe, fun trip! Can't wait to hear all about it!!!

Hi all! We are officially keeping our WL reservation for January/February. We're taking our two boys (4 and 2). It's our first trip with the boys and our first trip staying Deluxe. We were concerned about the construction, then realized it's kind of a bonus for two boys who like watching heavy equipment and "workers". So long as the noise doesn't disrupt nap time, I think it's going to be an awesome trip. Can't wait!

Just back and ready for another stay. I understand that heavy construction will be taking place around the beach and quite pool area but my wife put an idea in my head. Considering the dates of 12/10-12-13 for a short 4 day stay to visit Osborne lights before they leave. I see there are no AP of general public discounts for WL but my wife pointed out that AK is available with nicely discounted rates. she was trying to sell me on AKL CL for almost the same price as rack rate at WL standard room. I think the actual difference was like 50$ a night but not a big deal. What would you do?

I apologize for not multi-quoting. I had every intention of getting to that today, but some DISboard changes have gotten me distracted.

If anyone is wondering about the thread title change, I did not change the title of this thread. As far as I'm concerned, this thread remains a resort information thread and not a "social club." More information on title changes and the moving of resort threads is being discussed HERE.

I apologize for not multi-quoting. I had every intention of getting to that today, but some DISboard changes have gotten me distracted.

If anyone is wondering about the thread title change, I did not change the title of this thread. As far as I'm concerned, this thread remains a resort information thread and not a "social club." More information on title changes and the moving of resort threads is being discussed HERE.

I have spoken up in that thread and I encourage everyone else to, too.

Just back and ready for another stay. I understand that heavy construction will be taking place around the beach and quite pool area but my wife put an idea in my head. Considering the dates of 12/10-12-13 for a short 4 day stay to visit Osborne lights before they leave. I see there are no AP of general public discounts for WL but my wife pointed out that AK is available with nicely discounted rates. she was trying to sell me on AKL CL for almost the same price as rack rate at WL standard room. I think the actual difference was like 50$ a night but not a big deal. What would you do?
Are you asking for opinions on taking a quick trip, staying at AK or getting club level? :)

I say yes to all three. You will easily be able get your money's worth at that price.

Hi everyone- looking for some guidance on my first split stay. We had originally booked WL for 12/16 a 12/21 with free dining. I definitely want the experience of WL for the holidays, but decided I also want to try something new and a little "special" for us, so now planning to do first three nights at WL and last two at another resort WITH RO Reservation. Our choices are CR tower with TPV or AKL CL. Price is comparable (about $50 a night more for CR) I've never stayed at CR or stayed CL anywhere, so both would be something new. Torn between the convenience of the monorail and wishes views at CR vs the peace, savannah views and CL perks at AKL. We'll be spending 12/20 at DTD, then MK at night, and 12/21 at AK prior to our evening departure. Any thoughts as to which would be more fun, more convenient, or a better follow-up to WL? TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter