Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll do this for sure! Thanks for the info! And if not we will try contemp and poly. We bought one bottle of water today and have been refilling it but it's warm water coming out of the fountains. :)
Yes, please keep us updated. We usually order water from Garden Grocer but had considered just getting it from the resort next time. Hopefully there will be a reasonable option. Otherwise there's always Amazon...
Enjoy the lodge and have a wonderful trip. This is a great week to be there. :goodvibes

Maybe a strange question but do the toiletries provided in the rooms have hair conditioner too or just shampoo? Trying (and failing) to travel light!

Maybe a strange question but do the toiletries provided in the rooms have hair conditioner too or just shampoo? Trying (and failing) to travel light!
They provide shampoo, conditioner, hand lotion and bar soap. Club level receives bath gel, too.
I think that there might be a picture of the toiletries on page one of this thread. :)

Just booked our vacation. First time at WL, first time staying deluxe. April can't come soon enough. :yay:

Yippee! It won't be your last;)

So so so excited. Booked this trip almost 18mths ago and are now at 26 days out!! Starting to wake up in the night with random thoughts such as, "I wonder if I should bring coathangers" and "what if I break down and cry in the lobby?"

Random vacation worry/thoughts are the funniest.

Hi all,

Landing from the UK tomorrow for 2 weeks at the lodge - very excited apart from one thing, the weather!

Looking at a few websites it looks as though it's going to be stormy for the next two weeks in the 'sunshine state'! Would people on here/out there be able to comment on that at all, I. E. Should I believe that or do you guys have conflicting experiences?

I remember roughly 10 years ago we went in mid August and there was a storm at 2pm every day like clockwork - is it like that now? We also went in the beginning of October 2 years ago and the weather was perfect - hoping for more of that - concerned that our meticulous planning could go to waste!

Thanks,
Rob

Hope you're having a wonderful vacation, Rob.

They provide shampoo, conditioner, hand lotion and bar soap. Club level receives bath gel, too.
I think that there might be a picture of the toiletries on page one of this thread. :)

:thumbsup2
The link is in POST 1: ROOMS AND RATES

We arrived at the Wilderness Lodge on Wednesday. The only scaffolding is on the right corner of the building by the buses. It is not very noticeable. I have a south courtyard wing room on the 4th floor and have not heard any construction noise. We have room 4117. It is a bunk bed room. It is perfect. We can see the water parade if we stand up. It is quiet and peaceful.

They had messed up something with our reservation that required them to rebook it. It took about two hours to fix. They went ahead and took us to our room. They also gave us three extra fast passes for two days and sent Mickey treats to the room for our boys. We weren't even bothered by the trouble and very understanding. We were happy because they took us to a room while our magic bands and package were updated. They have gone above and beyond. We love it here!

Hi all,

Landing from the UK tomorrow for 2 weeks at the lodge - very excited apart from one thing, the weather!

Looking at a few websites it looks as though it's going to be stormy for the next two weeks in the 'sunshine state'! Would people on here/out there be able to comment on that at all, I. E. Should I believe that or do you guys have conflicting experiences?

I remember roughly 10 years ago we went in mid August and there was a storm at 2pm every day like clockwork - is it like that now? We also went in the beginning of October 2 years ago and the weather was perfect - hoping for more of that - concerned that our meticulous planning could go to waste!

Thanks,
Rob
We are here now too. The weather has been better than predicted so far, but in Florida it does tend to rain in the afternoons this time of year. We plan our day around it. Next week looks like it might be better weather wise.

We arrived at the Wilderness Lodge on Wednesday. The only scaffolding is on the right corner of the building by the buses. It is not very noticeable. I have a south courtyard wing room on the 4th floor and have not heard any construction noise. We have room 4117. It is a bunk bed room. It is perfect. We can see the water parade if we stand up. It is quiet and peaceful.

They had messed up something with our reservation that required them to rebook it. It took about two hours to fix. They went ahead and took us to our room. They also gave us three extra fast passes for two days and sent Mickey treats to the room for our boys. We weren't even bothered by the trouble and very understanding. We were happy because they took us to a room while our magic bands and package were updated. They have gone above and beyond. We love it here!
It's great you were able to go to your room while everything was being straightened out and so thoughtful they made up for your inconvenience. I hope the rest of your stay is magical.

Just curious who all is staying on at WL despite construction this Dec? I love WL and now rethinking all my plans since our dates changed. Just curious...Thanks

Just curious who all is staying on at WL despite construction this Dec? I love WL and now rethinking all my plans since our dates changed. Just curious...Thanks
Here is the December list from the Lodgers' Log in POST 1:

julluvsdisney: 11/25 - 12/2 VWL First stay at our home resort!

The_Banking_Scot: 11/28 - 12/3 WL

rachdd: 11/28 - 12/5 WL

mrsap: 11/28 - 12/5 WL-CL 11th anniversary trip!

Smileybug: 11/29 - 12/5 WL-CL

arrical8: 11/29 - 12/7 WL-CL Celebrating our anniversary and DH's birthday!

mostlypinksomeblue:
12/2 - 12/7 WL-CL

La Belle: 12/5 - 12/13 WL Our first stay!

InceptionGuy:
12/5 - 12/13 VWL For the first time!

Daisy62: 12/6 - 12/11 WL-CL

CaptainEO71: 12/6 - 12/8 VWL Studio

squeegee: 12/8 - 12/18 WL

anniebean: 12/9 - 12/13 WL For our one year anniversary!

Akess: 12/15 - 12/27 WL

Denise773: 12/15 - 12/21 Deluxe CL

cadale: 12/17 - 12/22 VWL

LuvGoofy6: 12/19 - 12/25 First stay at WL!

ErinC: 12/20 - 12/27 VWL

Ferrentinos: 12/26 - 1/2 WL

We are at the 2 week mark today. Thank goodness the kids play softball and baseball every weekend so I can somewhat contain my excitement.

From what I understand, I can call them when it's closer to time to arrive and make request. I would love a courtyard view of the water electric parade. Is that how I would word the request?

I've received my magic bands and my daughter has already packed her suitcase. I've created a monster.

We are at the 2 week mark today. Thank goodness the kids play softball and baseball every weekend so I can somewhat contain my excitement.

From what I understand, I can call them when it's closer to time to arrive and make request. I would love a courtyard view of the water electric parade. Is that how I would word the request?

I've received my magic bands and my daughter has already packed her suitcase. I've created a monster.
You need to have any requests added to your reservation by calling the WDTC. If you used a TA, they will have to do it for you. This can be done as soon as you book and up to about a week prior to arrival. Have a wonderful trip!

3 weeks today I'll be waking up in the Lodge for the first time since honeymoon 15 years ago!

That was 2000, year of a million dreams. This is 2015, year of a million questions!!!

I'd like to ship some Amazon purchases to myself while in the USA but wondered if the lodge is likely to add handling charges for packages?

I've also just realised we aren't on the Lodgers list.
Please could we be added? 10/10-10/24 15th anniversary of our WL honeymoon and kids (ds10 and dd6) first trip.

3 weeks today I'll be waking up in the Lodge for the first time since honeymoon 15 years ago!

That was 2000, year of a million dreams. This is 2015, year of a million questions!!!

I'd like to ship some Amazon purchases to myself while in the USA but wondered if the lodge is likely to add handling charges for packages?

:rotfl:

Only the convention resorts, such as CR and BWI charge a handling fee. Specific shipping information is in the GUEST SERVICES chapter of the thread POST 15.

I've also just realised we aren't on the Lodgers list.
Please could we be added? 10/10-10/24 15th anniversary of our WL honeymoon and kids (ds10 and dd6) first trip.

Congratulations. I bet it won't be the kids' last trip;)

I'll do this for sure! Thanks for the info! And if not we will try contemp and poly. We bought one bottle of water today and have been refilling it but it's warm water coming out of the fountains. :)
A DIS'er on the Contemporary page, DJJimmy9, is leaving Bay Lake at 10:30 today and has a case of water and other stuff to give away. If you are still in need, check his post, his phone number is on there to text.

A DIS'er on the Contemporary page, DJJimmy9, is leaving Bay Lake at 10:30 today and has a case of water and other stuff to give away. If you are still in need, check his post, his phone number is on there to text.
Thank you for cross-posting the offer:). Here is the post:

Any fellow DIS'era or DVC friends currently staying at BLT? We are checking out today and have some extra unopened supplies that we would like to give away...case of bottled water, some soda, milk, juice, cheese. If interested...text me. 215-470-1894. Must pick-up today before 10:30am.

NEW (pre-construction?) PHOTOS:
I know you already know this kmorlock;)... @elaw posted photos last night to the WL DVC Expansion thread HERE showing the area in between the dock entrance near the North Wing and the geyser cleared of all tress.

Last edited:
last night when we got back from the pool my parents room (connecting to ours-third floor south wing courtyard) had water leaking into the light fixture in the bathroom. It was pouring out and going. Right down the tub. (That was good. At least it wasn't flooding the room). Outside of the room it was leaking through the vents on the wall and down to the floor. Another gentleman from across the hall said his room was covered in water.
They came to assess the problem and got back to us about moving us to Polynesian two connecting studio rooms. We were happy to be connecting rooms still but sad to be leaving our wilderness lodge home. We've never stayed at the poly, so it would be a new adventure. Kids were sad-we're scheduled to be flag family on our last day Friday. After talking this morning to the concierge, we decided to stay here since they fixed the problem. (Broken air conditioning pipe on the 6th floor--affected about twenty rooms) they just have to make the light fixture safe again with the water that was pooled in it. They told us if we moved to the poly we'd have a view of the pool construction. And that was my fear. We just love our view here at the lodge. They gave us three nights comped back to our room! They have been above and beyond amazing. Drove us in a van this morning so we wouldn't miss our adrs at grand Floridian-being honest about he view from the poly-just amazing! So glad we don't have to leave our home away from home. And happy that they had such prompt attention to the problem. It could have been worse, glad the water in the electrical didn't cause more of a problem than it could have!

On our way now to MK! Have a magical day :)

After looking at those pictures, it really is heart breaking to see them go. Comparing pictures from the past several years, it appears they spared the tall trees and just took out all the small to medium sized ground brush with a few small/thin trees here and there.

Some Trout Pass news from the WL DVC Expansion thread:

Screen Shot 2015-09-20 at 3.14.55 PM.png

I speculated that it would actually not be relocated due to the impending closure of Teton. Perhaps it will be relocated to VWL like when the feature pool was closed? But, that move would have to be temporary since the VWL pool will also be closed soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter