Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a little concerned about noise though (we never get pool view rooms for this reason), from loading area, so hoping for a high floor there and that it won't bother us too much.

Not sure how much this will help.

Me, I always like the sound of about 50 kids having a great time in the pool I consider it one of the bonuses of WL.

Having said that, though? Pretty much the only time I ever hear it, is when I'm standing on the balcony. Close the door, and you don't hear it.

In fact, to me, the #1 attraction of WL, . . . . well, it's the feeling when you walk into the lobby. :) But #2 is the incredible quiet. Far as I'm aware, only way you can get a quieter room, is to get a cabin.

121 days until check in at WL! It can't come fast enough. I usually use my DIS app, but it's not loading... Anybody else?

121 days until check in at WL! It can't come fast enough. I usually use my DIS app, but it's not loading... Anybody else?
They updated the forum software over the weekend. Unfortunately the app will no longer work, but the website should work better on a variety of browsers and mobile devices. It will take some getting used to, but should be ok.

At least they were able to migrate over all of the great content and we still have our home here for WL on the web.

I'm excited to be posting here, finally staying at Wilderness Lodge! I have almost stayed here on 2 previous trips, but it never quite worked out. I had booked AoA Cars suite on the bounce back when we were there last August, but I'm able to get WL standard for the same price, so going for it this year! We've got 9 nights booked Aug 29 - Sept 7. We spend next to no awake time in our room, so I'm not concerned at all about lack of view. I am a little concerned about noise though (we never get pool view rooms for this reason), from loading area, so hoping for a high floor there and that it won't bother us too much. If anyone has any feedback on noise levels in the standard rooms and can share, I'd appreciate it. I may consider woods view, if I can justify the additional $400 - $500.
We stayed on the 6th floor above Whispering Canyon, it says it is a Woods View but when we checked in, she said it was standard. We heard the occasional KETCHUP and heard and saw the fabulous fireworks, but never once heard anything from the loading area in eight nights.

Looks like the page numbers have changed.
I like being able to use all these features without having to type in HTML codes. Just trying pooh: stuff out. Insert Image didn't work with the same image code that I have used before, but I can still copy and paste in text box the old way.
It's going to take some time to get used to this! I like that I can edit!
Isn't it great that we can click and drag images now?! No more uploading to photo hosting websites and copying/pasting IMG codes!! I was also able to remove your photo from my multi-quote by simply hitting the delete button instead of highlighting and deleting the IMG code.

We checked in on Friday and I have to admit, we're kind of disappointed. I was so excited to stay here, but we haven't had the best of luck with anything related to the hotel.

I did online check in and requested 4th or 5th floor, also followed up with a phone call a few days before our stay for an inner courtyard room. So when we checked in, was kind of bummed to get a ground floor, HA room (I know that room requests are just those, requests, but wanting a higher floor room to the ground floor, really?). As a previous poster mentioned, the HA bathroom is not the best, the shower runs all over the floor of the bathroom, I slipped and almost fell yesterday, so I just need to be more careful. As for our view, I have the view of a bush, a sidewalk and a rock, not exactly what I would call "courtyard view". We are not in the room that much, so trying to overlook all this.

The bus situation has not been great, today, we finally caught a break, but on Friday, we waited 40 minutes for a bus to EPCOT and yesterday, we were trying to get to Hollywood Studios for EMH, we were at the bus stop at 6:55, a bus finally showed up at 7:40. We haven't had as much a problem getting back to the hotel thankfully.

And the last thing, which I find just weird is that we're not getting any shower gel, housekeeping supplies us with plenty of everything else every day, but no shower gel. I used the bar soap Saturday morning, went to the front desk Saturday night and asked for some, but was told it's not supplied anymore, so went to the mercantile to buy some (for $18, but it's H2O and I love that stuff!!), but then talking to some people this morning and finding out that they've been getting it with no problem. So, I'm just kind of confused, but we still have a few days left and hopefully things will get better!
When you found out you had a HA room, did you go down to the front desk to see if anything was available that day or the next? Those Epcot buses can take a long time getting to WL, but like you said, coming back is fast. WL is the first dropped off and it's only about a 5-10 minute ride.

I'm excited to be posting here, finally staying at Wilderness Lodge! I have almost stayed here on 2 previous trips, but it never quite worked out. I had booked AoA Cars suite on the bounce back when we were there last August, but I'm able to get WL standard for the same price, so going for it this year! We've got 9 nights booked Aug 29 - Sept 7. We spend next to no awake time in our room, so I'm not concerned at all about lack of view. I am a little concerned about noise though (we never get pool view rooms for this reason), from loading area, so hoping for a high floor there and that it won't bother us too much. If anyone has any feedback on noise levels in the standard rooms and can share, I'd appreciate it. I may consider woods view, if I can justify the additional $400 - $500.
Welcome to the thread! I'll log your dates in POST 1. Just ask for a South Wing room and there is no loading dock beneath those rooms. It should be very quiet over there.

They updated the forum software over the weekend. Unfortunately the app will no longer work, but the website should work better on a variety of browsers and mobile devices. It will take some getting used to, but should be ok.

At least they were able to migrate over all of the great content and we still have our home here for WL on the web.
I'm impressed, too at how quickly they migrated everything over and immediately went to work fixing glitches and responding to questions. The process is by no means done, but the transition was much better than I imagined. I was pretty worried about all my threads. There are some minor formatting issues, but nothing major. But, I still feel like I'm looking at a foreign language as the formatting and layout is quite different.

HERE is the link to how to post photos. You can also now post by simply dragging your photo into your post. IMG codes, as generated by photo hosting websites such as Photobucket, are no longer necessary.

I've never had a chance to post since we returned from our quick CL stay last weekend. We were there from Friday night through Tuesday. It was okay. We got a good deal with our AP so that's why we did it. But we were disappointed with the lounge and just didn't feel any of the staff was up to "CL standard" (our own subjective evaluation for sure) at other resorts. But mostly the lounge was so tiny and I wasn't crazy about all the tables out in the hall instead of in a lounge. By comparison, we've done Poly CL a few times and BC once. Poly we love and BC upgraded us to the Presidential suite, so I have a particular fondness for them (LOL). I want to say we would only go back to the Poly CL but the price is so ridiculous. We almost considered moving over there after the first night (they still had AP CL rooms available) but it seemed like too much hassle for a 4 night trip.

The room was okay but we froze the first night and had to request extra blankets the next day. Eventually we realized (after 11 pm) that the heat wasn't working at all, it was 58 degrees in our room by that point. But they did send someone to fix it pretty quickly and it worked after that. I forget our room number (very unlike me) but it was ok. Our view looked out across from the scaffolding from the construction work, but we also had a great view of the EWP every night.

Food in the lounge was mostly just okay. Poly has been better on that front.

Overall, we still love WL, I just don't think I would pay for CL there again.

Delete the old app. Go to your browser app (Safari?) and browse to the DISBoards. Then use the buttons at the bottom to pin that page to your home screen. It will put an icon app with the DIS logo and you give it whatever name you like. The owners of the boards chose this software to make it mobile friendly without the need for an app.

We stayed on the 6th floor above Whispering Canyon, it says it is a Woods View but when we checked in, she said it was standard. We heard the occasional KETCHUP and heard and saw the fabulous fireworks, but never once heard anything from the loading area in eight nights.

According to the map at the beginning of this thread, you are in a Woods room if your room opens onto the lobby on that side. Are you being charged a Woods rate? If not, and the rate is lower, perhaps those rooms were downgraded and the map is out of date? I'd imagine that's not likely, but it has happened at other resorts. More likely your CM was mistakened.

I cannot believe I am even typing this! But I just switched my November MYW package from POFQ to WL!!!! I have never stayed at a deluxe resort before and it has always been a dream of mine! I have been to WL when resort hopping and the place is just breathtaking! I am so excited!!!! I'll be there November 5-14th in Courtyard View room. My dream is finally coming true. This trip is a huge bday gift for myself.. I work so hard so I figured I'd splurge and have a more relaxing trip since I'll be staying longer than normal. 276 days to go... So far but it'll get here soon enough!

Last edited:
image.jpg

Cool! Just tried the dragging. I like that it will automatically give you a preview before you post.

I cannot believe I am even typing this! But I just switched my November MYW package from POFQ to WL!!!! I have never stayed at a deluxe resort before and it has always been a dream of mine! I have been to WL when resort hopping and the place is just breathtaking! I am so excited!!!! I'll be there November 5-14th in Courtyard View room. My dream is finally coming true. This trip is a huge bday gift for myself.. I work so hard so I figured I'd splurge and have a more relaxing trip since I'll be staying longer than normal. 276 days to go... So far but it'll get here soon enough!

You're going to have a wonderful visit. The lobby is breath-taking!!! You're also going to enjoy the boat access to the MK. Have a great vacation.

Doug :goofy:

Thank you! How are the buses to the other parks?
We didn't have to much trouble, but to be honest :teeth: we had very early ADR's at the BC and Animal Kingdom so we only had to use the bus once to HS..........but wasn't bad.

In this video from our trip you can get a preview of taking the boat over to CR very early in the morning.......... :flower:

We didn't have to much trouble, but to be honest :teeth: we had very early ADR's at the BC and Animal Kingdom so we only had to use the bus once to HS..........but wasn't bad.

In this video from our trip you can get a preview of taking the boat over to CR very early in the morning.......... :flower:
Awesome I will check it out! Thanks!

How often do they change the menu at Territory Lounge?

Anyone visit in the past week or two? I'm not sure if the menu from the official site is accurate.

Wanted to pop in and say hi to kook!!! You'll be happy to know that I have a April/May trip planned and am only homeless for 1 night!!!

Tried to post yesterday, but the new software would not let me until I reset my password. Just got back from the lodge last night, and have been behind on the boards. The trip kept me VERY busy and tired! Sunday, I walked 21,000 steps--thank goodness that was the high. CRAZY!!
But, what I wanted to share is that yesterday it looks like the scaffolding on the left side of the bear face is coming down. It looks like they are setting up to put scaffolding on the right side. I can't remember which is north or south, but I'm calling the left side the one by the Villas! I took some pics but have not gotten them off the camera. I will have to try the new posting tool!
I ran into an ARMADILLO one night, and really wanted to post the pic--glad I had my phone, but didn't have it uploaded.
OK, looks like i can add right from my iPad HOORAY! The armadillo totally cracked me up, since I'm from Austin, Texas, and our city hall is in the shape of an armadillo (from the top).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    646.2 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    614.2 KB · Views: 17
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter