Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm staying at Boulder Ridge Villas in May next year and was wondering how the boat transportation is to the MK in the morning? We are hoping to go there 2 days of our stay at BRV and I was hoping to get some tips about how early to arrive at the docks, how long the walk is, and when transportation starts in the morning. Thanks!

I'm staying at Boulder Ridge Villas in May next year and was wondering how the boat transportation is to the MK in the morning? We are hoping to go there 2 days of our stay at BRV and I was hoping to get some tips about how early to arrive at the docks, how long the walk is, and when transportation starts in the morning. Thanks!
The MK boat starts running 1/2 hour before park opening. Our experience is that they will have two boats for rope drop, one at the dock and one boat waiting right behind it. The boat takes about 10-12 minutes to dock at MK. The bag check is on the dock at MK and the walk to the entry posts is very close, maybe 100 yards?

There is also a bus to MK that comes very frequently.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply! With the boats starting 1/2 hour before park opening, does that allow enough time to get into the park at rope drop or is it cutting it close?

Thanks for the reply! With the boats starting 1/2 hour before park opening, does that allow enough time to get into the park at rope drop or is it cutting it close?
We've gotten into the park before rope drop and we were on the second boat. :)

But the buses run earlier than the boats if you want to get there really early. :)

Does anyone have a link to the October recreation schedule for WL? I have only found broken links so far. Thanks!

Thanks so much! I just found this site which has them all, in case anyone is looking for a different one. Was curious to see what’s happening on the 31st - our first time at WDW for Halloween :-) http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/recreational-calendars.html
That’s where I got this one from! I’m never sure about links to other sites which is why i didn’t credit it. But I do have their site bookmarked so I can see all resorts once I need to.

I'll be staying in a dedicated 2 bedroom at CCV in November and I am thinking about putting in a room request but I am not sure how to word it. I would prefer not to have a dormer or closed balcony so should I ask for a non dormer balcony or ask for floor 1-5? Or, if I say I prefer an open balcony, will they know what I mean? Coming from Minnesota, I am hoping to get as much sunlight as I can while on my "tropical" vacation to the Wilderness Lodge :rotfl:

I'll be staying in a dedicated 2 bedroom at CCV in November and I am thinking about putting in a room request but I am not sure how to word it. I would prefer not to have a dormer or closed balcony so should I ask for a non dormer balcony or ask for floor 1-5? Or, if I say I prefer an open balcony, will they know what I mean? Coming from Minnesota, I am hoping to get as much sunlight as I can while on my "tropical" vacation to the Wilderness Lodge :rotfl:
I usually request an open balcony. That seems to work well. :)

So, on Friday I was riding in our car on the way up to NJ for a family event and I saw a discount mentioned in a DIS email. I didn't have my info with me so I couldn't crunch the numbers, but I called anyway to see what I could get. Long story short (too late!) I switched from WL Nature view room to Copper Creek Deluxe Studio and saved around $360.00! I am looking forward to checking out CC and having a new experience in a very familiar place. Now I guess I should find out about views/requests. It is a pool view, which I know can be noisy, but I always request a high floor, so hope it's not too bad. Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter