Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also wondering if there are any tips for navigating the resort and MK boats with an ECV? I’m assuming the ECV can go pretty much anywhere at the resort. I tried searching for info on boat to MK and read sometimes the boat can take an ECV, sometimes it’s the small one so then it can’t? If so are there certain times of day we might run into the boats not taking ECVs?
Lately, they have been running a lot of the bigger boats to WL that will handle ECVs. But if a small motor launch shows up then you just have to wait for the next boat, since they usually follow a small boat with a big one. I've seen a huge motor launch after the fireworks. But mid afternoon would be when you might have to wait a little longer for a big boat.

Thank you! What is the difference in studio dedicated and lock off?
Dedicated means there isn’t a connecting door to a 1 bedroom. Lock off means there is a connecting door that allows the studio and 1 bedroom to be booked as a 2 bedroom.

Stumbled on an AP WL CL Std room discount and am thinking of switching from Poly CL (sorry for all you not finding discounts, there seems to be a lot of that going around :( ). I wanted to confirm the standard CL room’s bathrooms are set up with two sinks open to the room (kinda) and the toilet/shower separated from the sinks by a door. Being able to have one person shower and another use the sink is huge to my fam of 4 adults and might easily be more important than the size of the room to us. Also Bunk Beds are standard twin size and can take an adult right? I’m thinking we could request the Queen/bunk bed set-up as #1 request to give the room the feel of a little more space.

If your family of four includes college students or such, you might be fine with the bunk beds. But as another poster mentioned, they are shorter then a typical twin.

The CL std rooms are set up like the other WL hotel rooms. They have the door that separates the toilet and shower from the double sink area.

While I can’t comment on the date, June 2020 (whic may or may not be accurate :confused3), I can confirm that the plan is to do away with the bunk beds during the refurbishment. That’s also the case at AKL, which is currently in the midst of their refurbishment.
Woah, clean sweep getting rid of Disney bunk beds then. Follows what they did out in CA when they re-did the Grand CA a couple years ago and got rid of the bunk beds there. Guess even Disney room design goes through phases.

Just back from our vacation.. Had a wonderful trip but way too HOT!!! Want to ask if this has ever happened to anybody? When I got home and checked my bank account noticed that the front desk had taken out the amount I had charged to the room but also another amount that was twice as much.. I freaked out and called back to the WL billing and they assured me that they had not done it. That it was probably my bank not understanding the charges cause it was pending.. He was certain that it would drop off in a few days.. I'm watching like a hawk. scared me to death... still worried till it does... Has this happened to anyone else?
Yes I have heard of this happening a lot lately. It has to do with some changes they made to the way they do holds on room charges. Apparently they put a $100 hold on your card, when you reach that amount, there is another $100 hold out on your card. One person showed her bill and she spent $1000 and had $1000 in holds. This was a few months ago and had thought they had worked it out but I guess not. When we were there in late 2017 this did not happen. We would spend $1000 in the park in a day and did not have holds on our debit card. I hope they figure this out but at this point we don’t plan on using our magic band to charge to our room just to avoid all these additional holds

We would spend $1000 in the park in a day and did not have holds on our debit card. I hope they figure this out but at this point we don’t plan on using our magic band to charge to our room just to avoid all these additional holds
We don't charge on our MB either. I tend to wear my wrist Disney gift card to the parks so it's just as convenient as scanning a MB anyway.

We don't charge on our MB either. I tend to wear my wrist Disney gift card to the parks so it's just as convenient as scanning a MB anyway.
Whats a wrist Disney gift card? and where do you get it?

Whats a wrist Disney gift card? and where do you get it?
It's just a Disney gift card that they sell at the festivals. You can buy it with as little as a $15 initial investment. I do that then transfer more $$ from a Disney gift card that I have brought from home (purchased at a discount from various places). The gift cards are shaped in a circle and they attach to your wrist by a stretchy band. Very convenient!

Edited to add photo 20190722_171249.jpg

Just posting some pics around Wilderness Lodge from our trip in June.
We had a bunk bed room- DS2 and his girlfriend slept on the bunk bed.
IMG_4241 - Copy.JPG
We had a courtyard view and were on the 2nd floor facing the pool- though it wasn't noisy at all.
IMG_4242 - Copy.JPG

IMG_4376 - Copy.JPG

It was so peaceful to walk around in the morning.
IMG_4381 - Copy.JPG

If it hadn't been so hot I think we would have enjoyed dining outside at Geyser Point.
IMG_4386 - Copy.JPG

I really felt like we were out in the woods away from it all, so this view towards the Contemporary is so weird to me.
IMG_4390 - Copy.JPG

And even though it was in the 90's during our visit- and actually got up over 100 one day- we felt like we were in a cool Pacific coast lodge and were so happy to come "home" every night! We'll definitely be back to stay here again!
IMG_4400 - Copy.JPG

So we just booked WL yesterday for 9/2020, this fall we are taking a RC cruise (hubby idea) I booked WL bc hubby said hes always wanted to stay here, we have stayed in most of the WDW resorts but most of our stays have been at the GF and Poly. I have to admit I am having a hard time getting excited about the resort itself as its not really my taste as far as the whole lodge look. I think the fact that its NOT on the monorail line bothers me too. We tend to take afternoon pool breaks and the monorail is so fast in bringing us back from MK or EP..
We have a nature room booked was looking at Touring Plans and noticed that rooms 6028,6026,6034 have MK views even tho they are labeled as nature views. Are there rooms far from Roaring Forks, pool and bus stops?
I see a room rehab is scheduled? while not a huge fan of the current decor its a lot better than that generic look they have planned.. I hate that they are doing that all over WDW, the new WOD is so disappointing..

Has anyone participated in the trivia event a geyser point? We are staying at Ft. Wilderness next month but always enjoy Wilderness Lodge and it looks like it would be fun. Our family went to a trivia event at Port Orleans last year and had a great time and was hoping this was similar.

So quick question, is it quicker to get to EPcot by taking bus from WL or taking boat to TTC and then monrail to EP

So quick question, is it quicker to get to EPcot by taking bus from WL or taking boat to TTC and then monrail to EP
I would say the bus (even if it ends up sharing with FW). You would have to take a boat to the CR or MK, then monorail to TTC, and finally monorail to EP.

I would say the bus (even if it ends up sharing with FW). You would have to take a boat to the CR or MK, then monorail to TTC, and finally monorail to EP.

Yes, the bus should be much quicker! Wait for bus at WL, ride bus to Epcot VS. wait for boat at WL, ride boat to MK, go through security at MK, walk up monorail ramp, wait for monorail, ride to TTC, disembark, walk down Express Monorail ramp then up Epcot monorail ramp, wait for Epcot monorail, ride monorail to Epcot. Too much waiting and transferring!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter