• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't stand not having a Disney trip booked so when I found an annual pass discount of 35% for Copper Creek I went ahead and booked it. Our trip dates are February 23 - 27, 2019 and we are very excited to stay in a Copper Creek villa. It will be a bit of a splurge to get a villa but the full kitchen will come in very handy. My husband has some health issues and this will help greatly. And it was $864 cheaper than a deluxe room at the WL. I love Disney math. :)

We had such a great time in September at WL that we couldn't wait to come back again. :)

Congratulations! The villa should be great. Did you book a studio, and if so which shower vs tub configuration? The first floor is mainly tubs, with a few tub rooms on higher floors, particularly in the larger alternate studio rooms that they made from the old mid wing Deluxe rooms.
We would love to do a February trip, and may plan one for next year, so let us know how it is.

Last edited:
Congratulations! The villa should be great. Did you book a studio, and if so which shower vs tub configuration? The first floor is manly tubs, with a few tub rooms on higher floors, particularly in the larger alternate studio rooms that they made from the old mid wing Deluxe rooms.
We would love to do a February trip, and may plan one for next year, so let us know how it is.
We booked the one bedroom villa. I've always loved staying in a villa and we are really looking forward to trying something new. :)
From the map you are working on, it looks like a lot of the one bedroom villas with a lock off studio are mostly in the middle of the building. I would think most people would either want a dedicated two bedroom villa or a studio. That might be why the one bedroom villa had a good discount.

We like February better than January because the weather tends to be a little warmer than January. It is also one of the driest months of the year in Florida, so it is less likely to rain than in September. :)

I couldn't stand not having a Disney trip booked so when I found an annual pass discount of 35% for Copper Creek I went ahead and booked it. Our trip dates are February 23 - 27, 2019 and we are very excited to stay in a Copper Creek villa. It will be a bit of a splurge to get a villa but the full kitchen will come in very handy. My husband has some health issues and this will help greatly. And it was $864 cheaper than a deluxe room at the WL. I love Disney math. :)

We had such a great time in September at WL that we couldn't wait to come back again. :)

I'm so jealous! I usually have at least a target date for our next trip, but during our recent Mom Daughter Trip in November, we were quite suspicious of how she was feeling and after we got back she told me that I am going to be a Grandma in mid-July! So, we've been talking about what would be a good age to take him/her, how much we *need* to get back to staying at the WL, and also how expensive 2BR villas have gotten since we last stayed there-plus the parking fee!-, so we need time to save up. ( $720.00 a night in August 2014) Anyhow, we don't really care about Star Wars, so we're thinking 2022 for Epcot's 40th, my DH and my 40th Anniversary, and my 70th Birthday! (so many buttons) The little prince or princess will be close to 3, depending on the month we go. We just hope we can wait that long!! Meanwhile, I am looking at photos of CC and as much as I am tempted by it, I really like the layout of the BR 2BRs better and I think they are due to be refurbed in 2021. Either way, I have lots of time to dream and research! And I am so excited for this new chapter in my life!

I'm so jealous! I usually have at least a target date for our next trip, but during our recent Mom Daughter Trip in November, we were quite suspicious of how she was feeling and after we got back she told me that I am going to be a Grandma in mid-July! So, we've been talking about what would be a good age to take him/her, how much we *need* to get back to staying at the WL, and also how expensive 2BR villas have gotten since we last stayed there-plus the parking fee!-, so we need time to save up. ( $720.00 a night in August 2014) Anyhow, we don't really care about Star Wars, so we're thinking 2022 for Epcot's 40th, my DH and my 40th Anniversary, and my 70th Birthday! (so many buttons) The little prince or princess will be close to 3, depending on the month we go. We just hope we can wait that long!! Meanwhile, I am looking at photos of CC and as much as I am tempted by it, I really like the layout of the BR 2BRs better and I think they are due to be refurbed in 2021. Either way, I have lots of time to dream and research! And I am so excited for this new chapter in my life!
Congratulations on becoming a grandma. :) We've taken grandchildren to Disney and stayed in 2br villas and it worked out great. We've had good luck traveling with babies that were old enough to sit up without falling over in a high chair and able to grab finger foods like Cheerios but not old enough to crawl around and get into trouble. So maybe you don't have to wait quite so long. :)

Congrats! We just had our first grandchild, a little princess......she's 4 months old now and will be 15 months when we take her for her first visit to WDW this coming December. We're excited for StarWars.....my son and husband are really really excited but I can't imagine pushing a stroller around in that mess! I know she won't remember a thing but I sure will!

Do the 1 bedroom villas at Cooper Creek have a pack and play and a highchair already in the room at arrival?
Is there a walk in closet off of the bathroom like in a 1 bedroom at Boardwalk? If not, is there sufficient closet space elsewhere in the villa. We stay for 9 days, do not pack light, and like everything, including suitcases put away.

Do the 1 bedroom villas at Cooper Creek have a pack and play and a highchair already in the room at arrival?
Is there a walk in closet off of the bathroom like in a 1 bedroom at Boardwalk? If not, is there sufficient closet space elsewhere in the villa. We stay for 9 days, do not pack light, and like everything, including suitcases put away.

You can take a virtual tour via this link
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=VYTBs1uCFwM

You can take a virtual tour via this link
Thanks. It looks very nice, but it looks smaller than the 1 bedroom villas we're used to. I still have storage concerns. There seem to be cubbies, rather than actual closets. The video also doesn't show a pack and play, high chair, luggage rack, or safe. All of which are in the substantial closet off of the bathroom in the 1 bedroom villas at Boardwalk. I'm getting worried that we're going to feel claustrophobic, especially with the galley style kitchen as opposed to the offset kitchen space at Boardwalk. Copper Creek does look beautiful though.

I was in a 1 bedroom Copper Creek Villa in August. It was hearing accessible (not by my request).

It did not have the huge closet off the bathroom like Boardwalk Villas. There was a much smaller closet across from the washer/dryer. One side of the closet had vacuum, broom, dustpan, ironing board. The other side of the closet had hangers, laundry basket, luggage rack, wall safe. There was no pack & play. There was no high chair. It was very small.

Left side of closet:

Bottom right side of closet:

Middle section of right side of closet:

Top of right side of closet:

There was a little cubby area where I put things I wanted to have ready to go the next morning. Also small.

The bedroom had an armoire. Also small. Armoire with doors open:

There is a platform bed, so you can put things underneath it. I didn't measure the height, and I don't know what luggage you have, so I don't know if your suitcases would fit.

There was a 6-drawer dresser. There was a night table with a shelf and a cabinet on each side of the bed. There was a 6-drawer dresser underneath the TV in the living room.

I don't know if all CCV 1 bedroom villas are like this. Sometimes I think they assign me the worst room when I am travelling solo.

Last edited:
Hi! I am staying at the Wilderness Lodge in late February for the first time. This is a Girl's Trip for my DSis's 50th birthday. We have two standard view rooms booked - are there any requests I should add to my reservation (via my travel agent)? I don't know much about the WL but would like to get the best standard view rooms that I can. For example, we usually stay at the Poly and request '3rd floor with balcony' because we like an upper floor and we know not all the longhouses at the Poly have a balcony. Any tips?

TIA!

Hi! I am staying at the Wilderness Lodge in late February for the first time. This is a Girl's Trip for my DSis's 50th birthday. We have two standard view rooms booked - are there any requests I should add to my reservation (via my travel agent)? I don't know much about the WL but would like to get the best standard view rooms that I can. For example, we usually stay at the Poly and request '3rd floor with balcony' because we like an upper floor and we know not all the longhouses at the Poly have a balcony. Any tips?

TIA!
I would request an upper floor to get a good view of the MK fireworks. :)

We just modified a December reservation at WL to a November reservation. We realized that with the craziness that December brings for us with work and the holidays it would be too stressful to take a week long vacation in the middle of the month. We switched to 11/16-11/23, which I'm excited about because we'll get MVMCP and the start of Festival of the Holidays (based on this year's dates). But in my excitement I didn't realize the WL tree might not be up! I know, serious problems lol. Not worrying about it now but I'll start keeping my fingers crossed once November hits. I would actually LOVE to be there and actually see it go up. Regardless, I'm ready to head back to the Lodge. It's my absolute favorite resort and I've missed it the past couple of trips :(

I was in a 1 bedroom Copper Creek Villa in August. It was hearing accessible (not by my request).

It did not have the huge closet off the bathroom like Boardwalk Villas. There was a much smaller closet across from the washer/dryer. One side of the closet had vacuum, broom, dustpan, ironing board. The other side of the closet had hangers, laundry basket, luggage rack, wall safe. There was no pack & play. There was no high chair. It was very small.
Thank you so much for your detailed answer to my questions. The pictures are also very helpful. While it's not the answer I had hoped for, at least now I am informed and know to adjust my expectations accordingly.

Congratulations on the grandchild. My parents became grandparents in Nov. 2017 when I had my son. They are paying for a 2 bed villa at BRV in June when DS will be 19 months. We rented DVC points. Parking my parent's car won't cost anything because of renting points. Decided to stay at BRV because it is a decent size villa and has large walkin closets to put a crib. I'm the one actually planning the trip, which has been fun, but a little stressful with 4 adults, 2 teens, and 1 toddler going. But it should be fun...now the trick will be to get Grandma not to buy every Disney trinket for her little grandson :rotfl:

Congratulations on the grandchild. My parents became grandparents in Nov. 2017 when I had my son. They are paying for a 2 bed villa at BRV in June when DS will be 19 months. We rented DVC points. Parking my parent's car won't cost anything because of renting points. Decided to stay at BRV because it is a decent size villa and has large walkin closets to put a crib. I'm the one actually planning the trip, which has been fun, but a little stressful with 4 adults, 2 teens, and 1 toddler going. But it should be fun...now the trick will be to get Grandma not to buy every Disney trinket for her little grandson :rotfl:

The last time we stayed there I did a cash reservation, but like I said, the price has gone up so much since then. Did you arrange renting the points from someone you knew or a dealer? I guess when it gets closer I am going to have to research that as a possibility. I know I will want to spend more of my money on adorable WDW outfits for the prince/princess!

The last time we stayed there I did a cash reservation, but like I said, the price has gone up so much since then. Did you arrange renting the points from someone you knew or a dealer? I guess when it gets closer I am going to have to research that as a possibility. I know I will want to spend more of my money on adorable WDW outfits for the prince/princess!

I rented from an individual. I posted my want of dates in a forum in another discussion board.

What is the candle scent of Wilderness Lodge? They use to make one called Spire Candles with a wilderness lodge scent but I don't see it anymore.

We just booked BRV thru DVC rental store for Sept, was half the price of Disney.

We just booked BRV thru DVC rental store for Sept, was half the price of Disney.
Are you allowed to say the name of the store or put a link here?
Not surprisingly, there's an ad for David's appearing on this page now!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter