• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I have seen snakes scoot across a pathway, around pool areas and once actually in the lazy river at Blizzard Beach...
For some reason the thought of a snake in the bathroom or under or in the bed is too much.

No no no no no not the lazy river :scared1:

In addition to hitchhiking snakes, you might get a lizard or a tree Frog from time to time.

Dave

A frog came in the front door with us when staying at a cabin last May. I found that amusing, but I'd be less happy about a snake.

But as long as we're not talking about a gator, I'll deal with the wildlife.

I'm really curious to see how they are going to handle the new view categories too.
Can't say it surprised me that they added Fireworks view rooms. We have had some good firework view rooms there.

I do have to comment on the bold, you've never been yet were put off by the visual appearance of WL? You haven't seen it so how were you put off?
We have been both before, during and and after WL went through it's refurb to CC/WL split and honestly, the time during the refurb was barely noticeable. They did a great job of putting up screens so that you could hardly tell things were blocked off, especially if you'd never seen it any other way. And that was with a huge portion of the lobby being worked on. Truthfully you are really getting worked up over nothing. Just my opinion.

As to your reservation, if you booked something and it's no longer available, Disney will reach out to you and discuss options with you. They are typically very generous.

This is a very common popular room request to anyone who is critter adverse.
There is an abundance of them at Disney, all types. I can't begin to tell you (and any others reading along) the various ones we've seen walk, crawling and scurrying around resort and park grounds over the years.

Thanks for your reply. Perhaps I worded the original post badly. We are travelling from the uk and this will likely be our only trip to wdw. When we became aware of the previous refurbishment (through photos/videos online) we decided to delay booking as we were keen to see the lodge in its full glory without lobby rooms being blocked off.

It seems in reality this may have had much less visual impact than I was imagining so thank you for that information. I guess Disney handle these types of things very well.

Thanks also for the information on the reservation. I wasn’t sure what would happen if our category of room booking had been removed.

Time will tell, but I think you will be ok. If scrims are up during a room refurbishment, they won’t be nearly as severe as the ones during the Copper Creek conversion. In that case, half of the lobby was closed off. In the upcoming refurbishment, only one floor will be closed off and the scrims will be much just on one floor, and likely not blocking the lobby rooms.

The fact that you have reservations for a bunk bed room sounds good. I highly doubt Disney will not be able to give you the room you have reserved, so I would keep the reservation and look forward to getting the bunk beds. If they are to be removed, that would most likely occur after your stay.

Happy planning and I hope you get to have a great trip.

I am sure the “upgrade” to a CCV room is optional. Some would love it, others not so much, and a lot of that is tied to whether you want a real second bed. It is interesting that some have gotten CCV rooms, but isn’t something I’d worry about if I didn’t want one.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. That’s useful to know that it will likely be only one floor refurbished at a time.

The information on the bunk bed category is also helpful as I wasn’t sure what would happen if our room category was removed.

Thanks again we’re really looking forward to our trip.

Thanks for your reply. Perhaps I worded the original post badly. We are travelling from the uk and this will likely be our only trip to wdw. When we became aware of the previous refurbishment (through photos/videos online) we decided to delay booking as we were keen to see the lodge in its full glory without lobby rooms being blocked off.

It seems in reality this may have had much less visual impact than I was imagining so thank you for that information. I guess Disney handle these types of things very well.

Thanks also for the information on the reservation. I wasn’t sure what would happen if our category of room booking had been removed.
This is something you will learn quickly. Disney seems to be in a constant state of refurb and/or construction somewhere. And since they are open 365 days of the year, it can't be done without the public seeing some portion of it. So yeah, they have become excellent at handling them so that they are as unobtrusive as possible. It's not like you can't tell AT ALL, but they are not an eye sore of the worse sort. It can be sort of interesting to see how creative they can get to try and hide the work.

I wish you the most magical of trips. Enjoy the planning.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. That’s useful to know that it will likely be only one floor refurbished at a time.

The information on the bunk bed category is also helpful as I wasn’t sure what would happen if our room category was removed.

Thanks again we’re really looking forward to our trip.

I would echo others and say not to worry. The resort refurbishment is complete so any room refurbishment probably would be unnoticed unless you happened to wander towards the area where they are working. They tend to close off sections or whole floors at a time and only work limited daytime hours (8-4 or 9-5 and the like) on the rooms. You may well be more annoyed with the activities at the pool than by the construction :)

Construction also brings adorable pins and great room rates!

IMG_3321.jpg

And a less crowded resort too, but that was for a much bigger project than room renovations. The room renovations completed in 2012 were quite subtle and had little visible effect on visitors.
Excellent point. YC did not give anything in 2016/2017 during the room refurbs and Pop/All Star isn't doing anything now. Coronado is, but as you pointed out there is a lot going on there including closed amenities.

I tend to chase the pins and discounts haha

For those of you who just can't get enough WL, you could recreate a WL guest room at home:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Disneys-Wi...771875?hash=item590db0ad63:g:bVkAAOSwa9FbFcl4

This seller on eBay has many items that were salvaged from Guest rooms during the Copper Creek conversion. You could get something small like a coat rack or framed picture, or go for the whole deal and even add on a bunk bed... You get your choice of two animals for the headboard! Someone on this thread needs one of these...
wl_auction_items.jpg

For those of you who just can't get enough WL, you could recreate a WL guest room at home:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Disneys-Wi...771875?hash=item590db0ad63:g:bVkAAOSwa9FbFcl4

This seller on eBay has many items that were salvaged from Guest rooms during the Copper Creek conversion. You could get something small like a coat rack or framed picture, or go for the whole deal and even add on a bunk bed... You get your choice of two animals for the headboard! Someone on this thread needs one of these...
View attachment 342834
I love those headboards! I hope they keep them in new Reno, but most likely will get a vanilla room devoid of all the cute theming and little touches :sad1:

View attachment 342834
Wow, my husband would LOVE a lot of this stuff. We are just getting ready to convert a spare room to a man cave for him. And the room is in a perfect space. Anyone who's been in one of the houses built in the 60's that has one of those flex rooms that can be a den or a bedroom knows the type, they are covered in paneling (ours is knobby pine) so it can be a den but has a closet so qualifies as a bedroom. DGD is in that room right now but she's getting ready to swap her room to the current spare room.

Sad but so true. I have not minded most of the rehabs, liked the changes. And like the CC rooms but will really miss the WL rooms if they change them.

I love WL just as it is, but my guess is that we will see something similar to what they did at POFQ; maybe a "refresh" of the furniture, with all new soft goods, wood (or "wood like") flooring, new tile in bathrooms, TVs hung on walls, etc.

It feels almost like WL is going to be the test case for this new Disney style of decorating at the Deluxe level; up until now, haven't all the Deluxe renos kept the same levels of theming and the same type of aesthetic, even if fabrics or colors changed?

Hi everyone,
I’m staying at the WL in a few weeks and I tried to do online check in yesterday. I wanted to do a room request for a higher floor (especially after just reading all about snakes lol!) and the drop down boxes were blank. Were they having technical difficulties yesterday or can you not make room requests online for the WL?

Thanks!

Hi everyone,
I’m staying at the WL in a few weeks and I tried to do online check in yesterday. I wanted to do a room request for a higher floor (especially after just reading all about snakes lol!) and the drop down boxes were blank. Were they having technical difficulties yesterday or can you not make room requests online for the WL?

Thanks!

You can do online check in, but room requests online have not been available for sometime. Call direct and have your request noted on your reservation. Have a magical trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter