Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
i didn't see them (AP) having dates to search yesterday at my 180, but i see dates available november 17-24. but i can't find any availability for any meal for a party of 3, so i am suspect.

also, i just saw a blurb that whispering canyon is "going quiet" (i.e. losing "ketchup" and the pony races, etc)? if so, i am super bummed. that's one of the reasons we stay at WL.

also, i just saw a blurb that whispering canyon is "going quiet" (i.e. losing "ketchup" and the pony races, etc)? if so, i am super bummed. that's one of the reasons we stay at WL.
Read elsewhere in the dining thread. Sounds like it's no longer the case.

Hi all! We booked a bunk bed, courtyard view room and I'm so excited for it! I'm curious, do any of you know where exactly these rooms are located or are they scattered? Also, would there be a chance that we would be in the top floor with the "dormer" balconies? I don't want that wall blocking our view on the balcony. Just wondering in case I need to make a specific room request. Thanks!

OK I am literally quoting you, but seriously, this is a HUGE bummer. We are there for Thanksgiving week and the ONLY ADR I was planning on making was for Thanksgiving Dinner at AP.
Well there is no official announcement as of yet so there is still hope!

Agreed - huge bummer. Certainly seems possible/likely at this point, but I’ve looked all over and can’t find anything to confirm this.
I only have second hand knowledge and there is no official confirmation but there is a ton of buzz. So there is still hope that the reports are wrong.

Read elsewhere in the dining thread. Sounds like it's no longer the case.
I actually received a response to my email to the manager of WL and they seem to be backpedaling a bit. The response said there will still be antics but that it will just be done more quietly.

Hi all! We booked a bunk bed, courtyard view room and I'm so excited for it! I'm curious, do any of you know where exactly these rooms are located or are they scattered? Also, would there be a chance that we would be in the top floor with the "dormer" balconies? I don't want that wall blocking our view on the balcony. Just wondering in case I need to make a specific room request. Thanks!
The bunk beds are scattered throughout the resort so I would play it safe and have them add the request not to have a dormer balcony. I hate dormer balconies, too, and always have the request noted on our reservation.

Hey guys it's been a while since I've visited this page. Question, we are visiting Universal for a week in Aug but hitting the Halloween party on the 28th. Early dinner at Whispering canyon at 230pm. Can I pay the daily parking rare and leave the car there for the night, or do I need to valet? Kids will enjoy taking the boat back and forth . Thanks for any info!

If you’re staying at WL, you can park in the lot and you’ll be charged the applicable parking fee at check-out.

OK I am literally quoting you, but seriously, this is a HUGE bummer. We are there for Thanksgiving week and the ONLY ADR I was planning on making was for Thanksgiving Dinner at AP.

Count me in with the bummed too. We are staying at WL for the first time in November and were planning to have dinner at AP on our arrival night.

Can anyone tell me where the washer and dryer room is in the boulder ridge villas? We dont have a washer this time around and am pretty sure we will need to wash a load. thanks!

Can anyone tell me where the washer and dryer room is in the boulder ridge villas? We dont have a washer this time around and am pretty sure we will need to wash a load. thanks!
It should be on the first floor around the corner from the elevator if I remember correctly.

It should be on the first floor around the corner from the elevator if I remember correctly.
Yes, that’s correct. I spent almost every midday break throwing clothes in a washer and then a dryer last June. Loved coming home to no laundry!

Yes, that’s correct. I spent almost every midday break throwing clothes in a washer and then a dryer last June. Loved coming home to no laundry!

thank you!

The laundry room is right across the hall from Villa 1510! 2 HE front-load washers (one had a broken button so I was unable to select the wash temperature); 4 dryers (1 of which was not working Thursday).

I just returned from 2 nights at BRV - added on to the end of my Yacht Club-CL stay. It was very nice and I did reserve the Reunion Station add-on for my (adult) daughter and myself. It was wonderful. Yes, they should probably consider lowering the cost a bit, but for a 2-night stay we had 3 full days of Lounge access and I have to say the staff there are some of the best and Chef Amanda's food was wonderful! I booked a quick July trip at BRV (no availability at CC) mostly so I can try the Lounge again!

We have never stayed at WL, but we are thinking of it for our October trip (we have stayed at BLT 2 bedroom villa, AKL 2 bedroom villa, BC and loved them all for different reasons). We are 2 adults, and 2 kids (ages 11 and 13). Kids prefer not to share a bed, but they can do it. I currently have 3 reservations, some with the Offer price and some full price, but they are all about the same cost. Which of these would you prefer and why:
1. WL Courtyard View bunkbed room
2. Copper Creek Deluxe Studio
3. Wilderness Cabin

I just have no sense for this resort and what to pick. I've read the first several pages of this thread, and I understand some of the differences, but any advice would be appreciated. We are rope drop people, and probably won't take a mid day break since the kids are old enough to go all day and park hop now. We plan to attend one MNSSHP. The girls love to swim, and I think all of these have access to the same pools, correct? I know the Studio will have a little kitchenette, and the Cabin will have bunks and a sofa bed (are these all in the same room?). In the studio, I think there is only a sofa bed (can we add a roll away or not allowed)?

Thanks for any insights, experts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter