• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone eaten at Roaring Fork lately and have a picture or 2 or can give a review? I've heard the menu has changed recently (or at least since we were there last in 2010!!) and I'm looking for a picture of the platter, the pulled pork cheese grits and flatbread..

THANKS!!!

No pictures I'm afraid but we ate at Roaring Fork several times during our stay in November. We absolutely loved it! The food quality was excellent and the service was really good.
My husband loved the pulled pork sandwich and the brisket burger. The flatbreads were delicious as well. There is also a wonderful gourmet grilled cheese.
Honestly, you won't be disappointed. Also, just to note, I am a vegetarian and upon 1st look at the menu, there didn't t appear to be a lot of choice for me but the staff could not have been more helpful and accommodating and I enjoyed some amazing veggie flatbreads during my stay.

No pictures I'm afraid but we ate at Roaring Fork several times during our stay in November. We absolutely loved it! The food quality was excellent and the service was really good.
My husband loved the pulled pork sandwich and the brisket burger. The flatbreads were delicious as well. There is also a wonderful gourmet grilled cheese.
Honestly, you won't be disappointed. Also, just to note, I am a vegetarian and upon 1st look at the menu, there didn't t appear to be a lot of choice for me but the staff could not have been more helpful and accommodating and I enjoyed some amazing veggie flatbreads during my stay.

Did you happen to eat there for breakfast? That's when we plan on eating there.

We have 8:15am appointment for the Keys to the Kingdom tour so we'll need to eat quick and run!

Merry Christmas Wilderness Lodge Crew!

I’m hoping someone can help me with a puzzling question. We’ve been staying at the Lodge for over 10 years and ALWAYS book a bunk bed room. I’ve tried MANY dates throughout 2018 and can’t find any available. Is there something going on with the bunk bed rooms or are they just that popular?

Merry Christmas Wilderness Lodge Crew!

I’m hoping someone can help me with a puzzling question. We’ve been staying at the Lodge for over 10 years and ALWAYS book a bunk bed room. I’ve tried MANY dates throughout 2018 and can’t find any available. Is there something going on with the bunk bed rooms or are they just that popular?

Well with the entire South wing being converted to DVC Villas, the number of bunk bed rooms was cut in half.

Thank you for the information everyone. I think we are good with the transportation.

I have a follow-up question. My wife, the 18 month old, and I will be staying in the bedroom and my mom sleeping on the bed in the family area. We assume we will be using a pack & play still and I couldn't tell from the pictures if one would fit in the room.

Does anyone know?

Well with the entire South wing being converted to DVC Villas, the number of bunk bed rooms was cut in half.

I’m aware of the downsizing of the bunk bed rooms, and we’ve easily booked a bunk bed room twice since the renovation of the south wing began. But I’ve been searching for ANY date next year and can’t find a single date that one is available. I was just curious if there was something other than popularity of the rooms causing their unavailability. I even tried for the lastest date in the booking window and ...nothing. It’s a little frustrating. After staying in bunk bed room for 10 years, I can’t imagine a room without it.

Hi all! We just got back from staying at a 1BR villa at Copper Creek! This was our third time at the WL (previous two times were in 2011 and 2015, 1BR at what is now Boulder Ridge.) I had requested either 5th or 6th floor, at the end of the building, with the hopes of having a fireworks view of MK. We were so happy to be assigned room 6133!!! This room does have the balcony that is part of the roof, so the railing is solid. You cannot see out if you are sitting in the chairs, but have to actually stand. However we were happy to be on the top because we really had a great view of the fireworks and the Electrical Water Pageant. We could hear the music from Happily Ever After and Holiday Wishes as well. I just wanted to come write about that b/c it was a great room to request if that's something that interests you! With two little kids who need to go to sleep early, being able to watch fireworks on our porch was pretty awesome.

We loved the layout of the CC villa, mostly because it was different then the Boulder Ridge/Boardwalk/Beach Club layout that we have stayed in many times before. I was super excited to be in the main building this time, but I have to say it didn't really make that much of a difference. Probably b/c we were down such a long corridor... we didn't end up going through the lobby all that often. Besides the fireworks view, I didn't think that CC had a huge advantage over BRV, but it was really nice to try something new.

The WL is just amazing with all the upgrades they have made. Absolutely loved the new "quiet" pool and Geyser Point Bar and Grill was an awesome place to sit back and have a drink. Also it just provides more breakfast and quick service options. I loved that they had a PhotoPass photographer in the lobby in front of the Christmas tree... nice bonus for our Memory Maker. Not sure if that is just a holiday thing or what, but it was a nice touch. For the holidays, this resort just can't be beat.. the decorations were amazing.

Anyway just wanted to post our thoughts! We have always loved the WL, but now with the upgrades it really is one of the best, if not the best, resort at WDW!

Hi all! We just got back from staying at a 1BR villa at Copper Creek! This was our third time at the WL (previous two times were in 2011 and 2015, 1BR at what is now Boulder Ridge.) I had requested either 5th or 6th floor, at the end of the building, with the hopes of having a fireworks view of MK. We were so happy to be assigned room 6133!!! This room does have the balcony that is part of the roof, so the railing is solid. You cannot see out if you are sitting in the chairs, but have to actually stand. However we were happy to be on the top because we really had a great view of the fireworks and the Electrical Water Pageant. We could hear the music from Happily Ever After and Holiday Wishes as well. I just wanted to come write about that b/c it was a great room to request if that's something that interests you! With two little kids who need to go to sleep early, being able to watch fireworks on our porch was pretty awesome.

We loved the layout of the CC villa, mostly because it was different then the Boulder Ridge/Boardwalk/Beach Club layout that we have stayed in many times before. I was super excited to be in the main building this time, but I have to say it didn't really make that much of a difference. Probably b/c we were down such a long corridor... we didn't end up going through the lobby all that often. Besides the fireworks view, I didn't think that CC had a huge advantage over BRV, but it was really nice to try something new.

The WL is just amazing with all the upgrades they have made. Absolutely loved the new "quiet" pool and Geyser Point Bar and Grill was an awesome place to sit back and have a drink. Also it just provides more breakfast and quick service options. I loved that they had a PhotoPass photographer in the lobby in front of the Christmas tree... nice bonus for our Memory Maker. Not sure if that is just a holiday thing or what, but it was a nice touch. For the holidays, this resort just can't be beat.. the decorations were amazing.

Anyway just wanted to post our thoughts! We have always loved the WL, but now with the upgrades it really is one of the best, if not the best, resort at WDW!
Thanks for the review! I am staying in BR in less then 2 weeks and trying to read up on everything in this thread.

Does anyone know when the Christmas decs are up until? I know there isn't a hard date on decorations but hoping they are up until Jan 5th at the earliest.

We visited WL during our Dec WDW Trip in anticipation for our Aug trip. The new bar & grill looks great. The new quiet pool was gated (I wish main pool was MB access ) with MB access so we couldn’t walk around that to see, but peeking thru the gate and from photos it looks nice. Is access to quiet pool still for all WL guests? We aren’t staying DVC.

Thank you for the information everyone. I think we are good with the transportation.

I have a follow-up question. My wife, the 18 month old, and I will be staying in the bedroom and my mom sleeping on the bed in the family area. We assume we will be using a pack & play still and I couldn't tell from the pictures if one would fit in the room.

Does anyone know?

If you are talking about the 1 bedroom villas at WL, yes, there should be room for a pack and play. If you are talking about Ft. Wilderness cabins, it might be tight in the back bedroom since there is a queen bed and bunk beds back there. There may be space between the bunk beds and closet, but not sure. Someone on the camping forum might be able to answer better.

What is the best way to get to the Contempory and Grand Floridian from WL?

Just as an aside, the week we were there in February, the monorail was having issues and kept breaking down. We had tea booked at GF, and instead of taking the monorail, we took the boat to MK, then the boat to GF/Poly. We we're lucky we did, because as we were boarding the GF boat, the monorail broke down and all monorail passengers had to get on the boat. And some folks were stuck for about 20-30 minutes on monorail cars coming into the station.

We were there last year and departed on January 6th. The tree and most decorations were down before we left. Probably the 4th if my memory is accurate. You will be cutting it close I do believe.

We visited WL during our Dec WDW Trip in anticipation for our Aug trip. The new bar & grill looks great. The new quiet pool was gated (I wish main pool was MB access ) with MB access so we couldn’t walk around that to see, but peeking thru the gate and from photos it looks nice. Is access to quiet pool still for all WL guests? We aren’t staying DVC.

If a guest on WL property, DVC or not, your MB should enable entrance to the quiet pool. It did for us in August (we were staying in the resort rooms) and I haven’t heard that that has changed. My DD works at WL so I will double-check with her and post again if I get any new information! ;)

Just as an aside, the week we were there in February, the monorail was having issues and kept breaking down. We had tea booked at GF, and instead of taking the monorail, we took the boat to MK, then the boat to GF/Poly. We we're lucky we did, because as we were boarding the GF boat, the monorail broke down and all monorail passengers had to get on the boat. And some folks were stuck for about 20-30 minutes on monorail cars coming into the station.

Sandy and I do this often - WL to Contemporary, or WL to GF. Usually for Dining.
Just us - we take cabs. One way cost to either resort is about $10, with a solid 20% tip.

If a guest on WL property, DVC or not, your MB should enable entrance to the quiet pool. It did for us in August (we were staying in the resort rooms) and I haven’t heard that that has changed. My DD works at WL so I will double-check with her and post again if I get any new information! ;)

YIKES!! PLEASE say that's OK to use both pools at WL!! We booked BR thru a Disney package (I believe it's referred to as paying "cash") and I was counting on being able to use both pools.

:eek:

YIKES!! PLEASE say that's OK to use both pools at WL!! We booked BR thru a Disney package (I believe it's referred to as paying "cash") and I was counting on being able to use both pools.

:eek:

I hope you didn't misinterpret my post. (I'm sorry if I confused you!) You ARE allowed to use both pools as long as you are a registered WL guest!

It's the same at AKL: regular resort guests and DVC guests are allowed to use all the facilities on-property! ;) It's all good!

Your MagicBand will open that quiet pool gate! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter