• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello folks......well its time again to add my name to the Lodgers Log. My wife and I will be staying at the WL from Aug 21st through 26th 2018! :-) We originally had the Poly booked but a Standard room at the WL became available for far less (much, much, much less) and we took it. :D

So we're going back to WL....yay! I do have a question for all you WL folks. We have a standard room, in reviewing where those are located now. They all seem to be on the north side of the main building. When I look in the MDE there is no Woods view available. Does this mean those standard rooms, if up on the high floors may be "Theme Park" view? Hmmmmmo_O

Doug :goofy:

Yes, yes it does mean some of the upper floor std view rooms have a MK view. Ask to be towards the middle section. We we're in room 4026 in February and had a lovely view of the monorail, MK, and fireworks.

We'll be staying at the WL from April 9th-16th. Please add us. We sadly had to cancel our Polynesian stay with free dining and Halloween and HEA dessert party tickets due to Hurricane Irma. We cancelled two days before we were supposed to leave. We got a GREAT travel agent deal for April and are getting really excited for the Wilderness Lodge for the first time.

Is the splash pad going to be closed for the foreseeable future? No chance on it being open by Halloween?

Is the splash pad going to be closed for the foreseeable future? No chance on it being open by Halloween?
This is the first I have seen of it being closed. Where did you hear about it? It doesn't show in many of the common sources as an ongoing project.

Is this the right thread for the cabins? I think I'm missing the page for the info. If anyone has the page it would be much appreciated : )

This is the first I have seen of it being closed. Where did you hear about it? It doesn't show in many of the common sources as an ongoing project.

Facebook groups are reporting it's closed due to Irma damage but I can't find anything else about it anywhere.

Going to be at WL 11/3-11/5 and am wondering how the parking is nowadays. I was here first weekend in June and it was a disaster since they were finishing up the Copper Creek cabins. We had to valet because the construction workers were taking up the regular parking, but then move our car the next morning or else we'd be charged. Super inconvenient.

Bump

Going to be at WL 11/3-11/5 and am wondering how the parking is nowadays. I was here first weekend in June and it was a disaster since they were finishing up the Copper Creek cabins. We had to valet because the construction workers were taking up the regular parking, but then move our car the next morning or else we'd be charged. Super inconvenient.
I was there in early August, when construction had just finished up, and parking was no problem at all.

Campfire question:

When the campfire was at the old beach location, they had wooden roasting sticks and Kraft jet-puffed marshmallows for FREE.

Do they still at the new location ? Is there a charge ?

We can't do the "s'mores" packages (which some resorts have, like FW, and which there is a charge for) due to allergies, but can do the Kraft marshmallows.

Trying to figure out of we need to bring our own bag of marshmallows or not.

SW

13 days till we are at copper creek.

We are staying in a 1 bedroom any room requests not interested in a firework view.

Campfire question:

When the campfire was at the old beach location, they had wooden roasting sticks and Kraft jet-puffed marshmallows for FREE.

Do they still at the new location ? Is there a charge ?

We can't do the "s'mores" packages (which some resorts have, like FW, and which there is a charge for) due to allergies, but can do the Kraft marshmallows.

Trying to figure out of we need to bring our own bag of marshmallows or not.

SW
They had free marshmallows and wooden sticks at the campfire when we were there in May. The campfire is next to Geyser Point.

13 days till we are at copper creek.

We are staying in a 1 bedroom any room requests not interested in a firework view.
I have friends staying there soon too so I checked the room maps @GrandCalifornian made up. Some will face BRV , some face courtyard and some even are overlooking the lobby. I would look at that and see if anything looks good to you. Upper or lower floor? Near elevator? So many things to consider.

I just can't remember where I found those maps.

I have friends staying there soon too so I checked the room maps @GrandCalifornian made up. Some will face BRV , some face courtyard and some even are overlooking the lobby. I would look at that and see if anything looks good to you. Upper or lower floor? Near elevator? So many things to consider.

I just can't remember where I found those maps.

The general map is on page 1 in post 4, I originally posted the floor by floor Copper Creek map here: https://www.disboards.com/posts/58121125/

And now it is in Post 7, the section on Copper Creek here:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...n-and-questions-thread.3372315/#post-52944246

The general map is on page 1 in post 4, I originally posted the floor by floor Copper Creek map here: https://www.disboards.com/posts/58121125/

And now it is in Post 7, the section on Copper Creek here:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...n-and-questions-thread.3372315/#post-52944246
My friends were at bwv for next week. However when they booked they didn't understand dvc vs hotel and had a 2br villa and a std bc room. Grandparents, son dil and 5 kiddos. My bestie was heartbroken when I told her after checking on their fast passes(they gave me log in info).

Then to make things worse I took dh over to wl in sept to walk around . He said THIS is where they should be! I tried to explain getting a week for a 2 br and a 2nd either studio or 1 would be impossible. However I looked many times a day every day and then there it was ! We called the dads ( close family friends and work together) and explained why they should switch to CCV .So he gave me cc info and I booked both rooms, ordered mbs, ordered ME, called disney and requested adjacent or same floor. The grandma was so happy! Now they can all be together !

So when I found your maps my plan is to keep checking their app account for room numbers. I can let them know what they got and if they need to change it. I will be at poly waiting for my ME going home when they land at mco. What else will I have to do?

I just feel such pressure to "get it right" lol. They keep calling it a once in a lifetime trip!

So thanks for helping me make our friends trip the best it can be. :thanks:

Last edited:
30 days until our first stay at Wilderness Lodge. We have a courtyard view queen + bunk bed booked. Looking at the room views on touring plans, does anyone know if the rooms ending in numbers 35-41 are slightly bigger than other rooms? (The room rectangles on the map look bigger but I didn't know if that mattered)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter