Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a minute. They doubled the size of the club lounge and then cut the amount of rooms to it in half? That just seems odd ...

Wait a minute. They doubled the size of the club lounge and then cut the amount of rooms to it in half? That just seems odd ...

I've only been to the new lounge, never did the old one... but a CL CM told me the new lounge is a bit smaller. People on the CL thread who have experience with both have generally said the same thing as well. Reading into comments, I think the food service part may be bigger, but the actual seating areas are smaller (note this is my interpretation as again, I never stayed CL at WL pre-renovation). Hope that helps.

Ive been on the club level before. MY understanding was they knocked out two honeymoon rooms to create the new offering room. I have stayed in the honeymoon rooms so I assumed the removal of of those two rooms was actually doubling the size of the old club food offering room. That old room was never the size of a honeymoon room either.

Just thought I would pop in and let people know that I received an email today for my upcoming trip, and it said If you’re hungry for a snack while at your Resort, head to Roaring Fork (open from 6 a.m. until 11:59 p.m.)." I assume that means the rumored 7/1 date for it to reopen is happening (if not before- I'm not sure if this is for the 6/28 or 6/30 part of my split stay...) It looks like Roaring Forks will be open by 7/1!

Just thought I would pop in and let people know that I received an email today for my upcoming trip, and it said If you’re hungry for a snack while at your Resort, head to Roaring Fork (open from 6 a.m. until 11:59 p.m.)." I assume that means the rumored 7/1 date for it to reopen is happening (if not before- I'm not sure if this is for the 6/28 or 6/30 part of my split stay...) It looks like Roaring Forks will be open by 7/1!

I don't want to take any wind out of the sails but I received this too for my stay from 5/28-6/5. I think they either forgot or didn't care to change that auto-generated email. That leads me to wonder if a few guests have been confused by that. However I do hope that it's open for you!

I don't want to take any wind out of the sails but I received this too for my stay from 5/28-6/5. I think they either forgot or didn't care to change that auto-generated email. That leads me to wonder if a few guests have been confused by that. However I do hope that it's open for you!

I had gotten one earlier saying it was closed, and to use either Geyser Point or Territory Lounge as an alternate. This new email, paired with reports from allears that the opening should be on 7/1 had me optimistic. It's possible that they sent an incorrect email, though. It's not like Disney has never made a mistake...

I will let you know what happens while we are there!

Can anyone tell me what type of food is offered for CL? August is our first stay at WL CL. I've been trying to look online but everything keeps giving me slightly different answers. Thanks!

We just returned from a wonderful stay at Wilderness Lodge (BRV section) and I can now say, I see why so many people love it! We were in room 1502, so directly inside the door closest to the bus stop! And our patio was facing the section of the Lodge that I believe is yet to be opened? We LOVED our room location. At first I was bummed about the 1st floor, as we do enjoy our balcony quite a bit. But the ease of getting to everything quickly made up for it! Even on the first floor, it was still very private, and quite wooded around that area. And oh, the lobbies.... we actually didn't even go to the lobby part of BRV until about day 3, but it is so nice and cozy. I am in LOVE!

Our experiences with the buses were wonderful. They were quick and efficient and it didn't seem like we waited long for any location. And because of our easy our room was to get to, we never even attempted the boat to MK. My 9 year old daughter has a little anxiety about boats in general, so it worked our perfectly for us. Sometimes we shared with Contemp, and sometimes with Ft Wilderness, but I couldn't really pick up a pattern, rhyme or reason. We never shared on the way to a park first thing in the AM.

We loved the pool and the kids splash area. I think this was their favorite out of any resort we've tried. We took advantage of seeing the Water Parade and the outdoor movies one night. Geyser Point had yummy food, and was always quick and fresh. MUCH preferred over the chaos of the value resort food courts we have experienced in the past. The cast members we encountered all around the resort were so wonderful. We had quite a bit of rain, and my girls loved playing games and coloring with the activities staff inside the lobby during our mid day breaks. We also loved Pin trading in the lobby! We did get the cute little set of construction pins in our room when we checked in.

I literally can not think of one little thing that would have made our stay any better. It was so wonderful!!!! Thank you to this board for all the helpful tips and hints about this beautiful resort!!!

Can anyone tell me what type of food is offered for CL? August is our first stay at WL CL. I've been trying to look online but everything keeps giving me slightly different answers. Thanks!

Check out page 481 of the club level thread. I put up a bunch of pictures of the WL CL food from our stay in May.

In addition to @KrazeeK120's recent posts, the link below will take you to my pics from late Nov of last year. Mine are a bit stale at this point, but should give you a general idea of the type of offerings. FWIW, I thought the food at WL CL was the best I have had at any MK resort CL in the past year, by far. Loved it there! :-)

WL Lounge - Late November 2016

Does anyone have any information on the reopening of the kids club, the Cubs Den? Is it opening with the other areas in July? Trying to plan a nice dinner and the info would be helpful

Whoohoo -- just moved my reservation from BLT to Boulder Ridge (still getting used to that) since dad will be joining us. We've booked an Accessible 1BR Villa. Since I haven't found a video of one on YouTube, I will try my best to shoot one before the room is trashed. :D

Checking in July 9. Don't the new villas open July 17-ish? What are the chances of the new pool area soft opening before then?

Also, are they still doing construction pins on check-in? I love me some pins.
We checked in 6/3 and got pins. My son lost one and I asked for another set at the desk and the CM gladly gave me one and offered more (but I didn't take them). So they seem to have plenty.

I think the rumor for the pool is July 4th or the weekend right before.

We just returned from a wonderful stay at Wilderness Lodge (BRV section) and I can now say, I see why so many people love it! We were in room 1502, so directly inside the door closest to the bus stop! And our patio was facing the section of the Lodge that I believe is yet to be opened? We LOVED our room location. At first I was bummed about the 1st floor, as we do enjoy our balcony quite a bit. But the ease of getting to everything quickly made up for it! Even on the first floor, it was still very private, and quite wooded around that area. And oh, the lobbies.... we actually didn't even go to the lobby part of BRV until about day 3, but it is so nice and cozy. I am in LOVE!

Our experiences with the buses were wonderful. They were quick and efficient and it didn't seem like we waited long for any location. And because of our easy our room was to get to, we never even attempted the boat to MK. My 9 year old daughter has a little anxiety about boats in general, so it worked our perfectly for us. Sometimes we shared with Contemp, and sometimes with Ft Wilderness, but I couldn't really pick up a pattern, rhyme or reason. We never shared on the way to a park first thing in the AM.

We loved the pool and the kids splash area. I think this was their favorite out of any resort we've tried. We took advantage of seeing the Water Parade and the outdoor movies one night. Geyser Point had yummy food, and was always quick and fresh. MUCH preferred over the chaos of the value resort food courts we have experienced in the past. The cast members we encountered all around the resort were so wonderful. We had quite a bit of rain, and my girls loved playing games and coloring with the activities staff inside the lobby during our mid day breaks. We also loved Pin trading in the lobby! We did get the cute little set of construction pins in our room when we checked in.

I literally can not think of one little thing that would have made our stay any better. It was so wonderful!!!! Thank you to this board for all the helpful tips and hints about this beautiful resort!!!
I know you said your daughter had anxiety about the boats but if you stay again, I hope you try them. They were one of our most favorite things about the resort. And the security part was incredibly easy coming in on the boat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter