Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh.....16 days until WL CL.
So close, almost down to single digits now...

35 days left till we arrive for our 1st stay at WL! I'm usually the first one up so I am looking forward to sitting out on the balcony enjoying the morning while everyone else gets ready.
That's me. I also love walking around the resort and getting sunrise pictures. (Fueled by caffeine from a mug refill from Roaring Fork, of course...)

Touring Plan's reservation finder came through! I got an Artist Point reservation Saturday in July at 8:20pm (This is a late time but it actually might work better with our plans this day). I will be going with my family of 4 (daughter age 6 and son age 8) and this is our first trip to Walt Disney World.

Help me plan my evening. We are staying at Caribbean Beach and will be spending the day at Typhoon Lagoon. We plan get back to the resort and take a nap. I imagine we'd be leaving our hotel room after the nap around 6pm. I imagine we could get to Wilderness Lodge around 7pm.

What should we do between 7:00 and 8:00. I'm interested in staying here for an upcoming trip so I'd love to explore and see some cool things.

Touring Plan's reservation finder came through! I got an Artist Point reservation Saturday in July at 8:20pm (This is a late time but it actually might work better with our plans this day). I will be going with my family of 4 (daughter age 6 and son age 8) and this is our first trip to Walt Disney World.

Help me plan my evening. We are staying at Caribbean Beach and will be spending the day at Typhoon Lagoon. We plan get back to the resort and take a nap. I imagine we'd be leaving our hotel room after the nap around 6pm. I imagine we could get to Wilderness Lodge around 7pm.

What should we do between 7:00 and 8:00. I'm interested in staying here for an upcoming trip so I'd love to explore and see some cool things.
I like your plan to explore the resort. Overall it would be quite enjoyable to just walk around the resort before your upcoming stay. At WL you can walk around the grounds and get a feel for the layout of the resort. You can follow the water from the spring in the lobby into the courtyard, down a waterfall, into the main pool, then out to the lake between the Geyser and Geyser Point. The Geyser erupts every hour on the hour, so it you are down by the lake by 7:00 you could catch it. You can also walk along the shoreline to see the cabins and go into the Boulder Ridge Villas lobby to see some of Walt Disney's train memorabilia. Then you can circle back into the main lobby and see the Mercantile gift shop.

If you drive you can park at WL with your AP reservation, but if you are using Disney transportation you could arrive by boat by connecting at MK. Either way if you wind up with about 30 spare minutes taking a Blue Flag boat trip around Bay Lake to FW, CR, and then back to WL is a fun free thing to do. If you wanted to kill more time you could stop at either of these resorts for a while, but in your case I'd just stay on the boat for the loop and spend the rest of the time at WL.

As GrandCalifornian mentions, definitely just walk around and connect with the Lodge: the music, the sights, the smells, the beauty. I could take an hour doing just that. If you want a more directed activity, go to the front desk and ask for a Hidden Mickey hint sheet. That will take you on an exploratory walk around the resort where you can experience the Lodge while playing a fun game your kids might really enjoy. Have fun!

We just checked in....our flight was late getting out of StL. I am in awe of our room. I love dark wood. We are all the way down, past Roaring Forks.....room 1003. This has to be an upgraded room. There were snacks waiting for us and about 8 cold water bottles in the frig. A beautiful gold leaf candy bar (I think), and extra toiletries. I’m pretty sure this is a suite. I’m so sad we are only here for one night before moving over to CBR for 4 nights. Also, I think they invited us to the Old Faithful Club! There’s a letter explaining the menu. Will we just have to go up to the 7th floor for this? I guess all the extra treatment is because it’s technically our first stay in the resort since becoming CCV owners?
Congratulations on the upgrade to a Deluxe room with CL access. There are 10 of these left in the north wing of the main lodge. They are all at the end of the building overlooking Bay lake. I doubt you could see Bay lake from the 1st floor due to the trees.

As to the specific reason you were upgraded, it could be your late arrival, an operational upgrade (they gave away the other room earlier in the day) or finally as a welcome "Home" gift as a CVV owner.

Dave

So excited! Just found out that Disney approved my resale purchase of DVC at BRV! We love staying there, and wanted to add on some points! Only took 12 days to pass ROFR! Glad to add this as one of our homes
Congratulations! It's been our home for nearly 15 years, and we love it. FYI, there's a separate thread that primarily focuses on VWL (what we old-timers still call BRV). Come join us if you wish--we'd love to say "hi!" Here's the link:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/v...ated-28-jan-19.3242976/page-790#post-60643706

Does anyone know approximately when the Christmas decorations come down? We'll be in WDW 1/3-1/11. I'm wondering if the decorations will still be up.

Does anyone know approximately when the Christmas decorations come down? We'll be in WDW 1/3-1/11. I'm wondering if the decorations will still be up.
The resort decorations come down soon after Jan 1st. But the Christmas decorations in the parks will stay up a little longer. We've seen the castle decorated as late as the 2nd week of January.

We thoroughly enjoyed our AP dinner this past week. The food was very good and the character interaction great as well!

Congratulations on the upgrade to a Deluxe room with CL access. There are 10 of these left in the north wing of the main lodge. They are all at the end of the building overlooking Bay lake. I doubt you could see Bay lake from the 1st floor due to the trees.

As to the specific reason you were upgraded, it could be your late arrival, an operational upgrade (they gave away the other room earlier in the day) or finally as a welcome "Home" gift as a CVV owner.

Dave
Caught the sunrise from our patio! And indeed, Bay Lake is visable!

Resized_20190524_165336.jpeg

And I do think it had something to do with our CCV DVC membership because the snacks and such were left with a note welcoming our party....and my entire trip itinerary was printed in full color and left for us as well. Makes me want CL all the time!

Last edited:
We were there Jan. 13-19 this year and some park decoration were still up. They started taking them down about halfway through our trip.

Many years ago we were there for the marathon and they took them down the Sunday evening of the marathon. Monday morning there was no trace of Christmas.

Does anyone know if the hairdryers at BRV have diffuser attachments for us curly haired folk?

My memory may be playing tricks on me - nothing new there!;) - but we stayed at BRV last month and I thought I saw a diffuser in the hair dryer bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter