Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all - I don't follow this thread very much so apologies if stale or old news, but a few pics of things from our stay this past weekend:

Main lobby elevators had one out of service for work. Never had any trouble with waits for the other two.
IMG_8439.jpeg

There's some work going on on the 7th floor. This is on the DVC side of the building (outside of the CL lounge) where 2 of the "Honeymoon Suites" used to be. Anyone know what's up? Again, sorry if this is old/well discussed news.
IMG_8434.jpeg

IMG_8436.jpeg

Boat doc refurb going on.
IMG_8737.jpeg

We stayed CL and I'll be posting a full report over on that thread soon. We've stayed at WL before but it's never been super high on our list, but for whatever reason this weekend was fantastic. I hadn't been since late 2016, so pre-Geyser Point completion. What a great spot. Great long weekend.

We are there for 5 nights after BWI split stay. Does anyone know if you can add the Club level for just select days? We had planned on relaxing for two days after a morning at the parks and thought adding this might be good, but we would not need it for all 5 nights.

Hey all, I have a quick question regarding package delivery and retrieval at Wilderness Lodge.

We're switching over from a double stroller to a more compact sit & stand this trip, and debating having one shipped in and waiting for us there to make travel and flights a little easier.

Normally that would be easy, but this trip has us arriving after 9:00pm and our 4 & 6-year-old will get shuffled straight to bed. For those who have had packages delivered to the resort prior to arrival, where are packages held at Wilderness Lodge, and how long did it take to have them located and handed over or sent to the room?

I'd like to have the stroller ready to go the following morning, so I want to be sure we can get it fairly easily upon arrival that night.

Hello lovely lodgers!

I was wondering if someone is able confirm if BRV has smart TVs and if you are able to cast to it from a mobile device? (I checked a few places online but couldn’t find a hard answer)

See I just learned we will be in WDW for the Game of Thrones finale and while I could wait to watch it I rather not temp getting spoiled. We’re from Canada and I have the Crave app that we can watch it live from but rather not watch it on a small tablet so really hoping we can cast it. If worse comes
To worse we could bring our laptop with us as I understand we could hook up a cable from it to the tv but just easier if we don’t have to worry about that.

Appreciative any knowledge you can provide please.

Hey all, I have a quick question regarding package delivery and retrieval at Wilderness Lodge.

We're switching over from a double stroller to a more compact sit & stand this trip, and debating having one shipped in and waiting for us there to make travel and flights a little easier.

Normally that would be easy, but this trip has us arriving after 9:00pm and our 4 & 6-year-old will get shuffled straight to bed. For those who have had packages delivered to the resort prior to arrival, where are packages held at Wilderness Lodge, and how long did it take to have them located and handed over or sent to the room?

I'd like to have the stroller ready to go the following morning, so I want to be sure we can get it fairly easily upon arrival that night.
We usually have Garden Grocer orders delivered prior to our arrival, and they are held at Bell Services. To retrieve them, once we are all checked in to our room we call Bell Services and they send someone up with it. It usually only takes a few minutes from when we call until we have the order at our room. Usually we get our luggage through Magical Express at about the same time, but if it isn't there yet we still get the Garden Grocer order quite quickly, and it should be the same for any other pre-delivered packages.

Hello lovely lodgers!

I was wondering if someone is able confirm if BRV has smart TVs and if you are able to cast to it from a mobile device? (I checked a few places online but couldn’t find a hard answer)

See I just learned we will be in WDW for the Game of Thrones finale and while I could wait to watch it I rather not temp getting spoiled. We’re from Canada and I have the Crave app that we can watch it live from but rather not watch it on a small tablet so really hoping we can cast it. If worse comes
To worse we could bring our laptop with us as I understand we could hook up a cable from it to the tv but just easier if we don’t have to worry about that.

We were not able to successfully screen mirror to the TVs in Copper Creek last September, and my guess is that they are newer than the ones in BRV. They should have HDMI ports accessible though, so my suggestion would be to bring your own device that works well with your phones and cast to it. It might be a little easier than bringing a laptop, but that's up to you. Good luck and enjoy the show!

We stayed CL and I'll be posting a full report over on that thread soon.

My family stayed at WL last week, too (though, sadly, not club level). I look forward to reading your report.

It was our first time at WL, and I was a little surprised that the rooms hadn't been updated. The fact that the safe had an actual *key* (as opposed to a pass code) was surprising to me. Our previous two stays were CL at Beach Club, so I guess I was spoiled. It was a lovely resort, though. :flower3:

Hello lovely lodgers!

Wait, dumb question—does the finale "drop" on Crave earlier than its live slot on network cable? I'm pretty sure resort TVs get HBO...

Hello lovely lodgers!

December 2017 we stayed in the main lodge and brought a Chromecast. Had trouble using the Wi-Fi so we used one of our phones as a hotspot and cast from the other phone. There was a little lag but it was mostly very good! Word to the wise for anyone not staying DVC: if you use a Chromecast, unplug it when you leave the hotel. When housekeeping pushed the TV back it bent the Chromecast.

Good morning! We are travelling from the U.K. in 4 weeks time to WL. First time in a Disney resort hotel. We are travelling with our son daughter in law and granddaughters. First time at Disney for them!
I have been worried about the rooms as many people say they are in need of refurbishment. I am used to a walk in shower as I have some mobility issues but will manage to use shower if baths are not too high!
We are in courtyard rooms and have requested high floor. Any suggestions, reassurances would be welcome.
Important hol for us for a number of reasons and will probably be the last WDW holiday for me and my husband. Thank you.

Last edited:
Good morning! We are travelling from the U.K. in 4 weeks time to WL. First time in a Disney resort hotel. We are travelling with our son daughter in law and granddaughters. First time at Disney for them!
I have been worried about the rooms as many people say they are in need of refurbishment. I am used to a walk in shower as I have some mobility issues but will manage to use shower if baths are not too high!
We are in courtyard rooms and have requested high floor. Any suggestions, reassurances would be welcome.
Important hol for us for a number of reasons and will probably be the last WDW holiday for me and my husband. Thank you.
1) Congrats and commiseration on an important passing-the-torch visit!
2) I would call Guest Services and talk it over. They'd be able to tell you exactly what's available, and may well be able to put you in an ADL room (of course I don't know what floor or view such a room would be). I can tell you that the room we stayed in a few weeks ago had a tub/shower, of no-more-than-normal height. Also, to relieve the shower demands of 4 people in a room, I took a couple of showers in the facilities attached to the Boulder Ridge pool, which had a single shower (with changing vestibule) that was walk-in and fully accessible.

Thanks for the responses on the tv. We don't have Chromecast or anything like that. Not sure what we will do yet but I think we may just bring the laptop so we have an option if things dont work with casting. With the recent updated wifi at the lodge i am hoping it will go smoothly!

Wait, dumb question—does the finale "drop" on Crave earlier than its live slot on network cable? I'm pretty sure resort TVs get HBO...

I checked a few channel lists for the resorts and they don't have HBO. As for shows they don't drop earlier on the app but there is a 'live' button in the app and it immediately starts showing you whats playing on that channel at that moment(there are various channels to choose from). I'm not sure if we are a few minutes late if there is the option to restart it while it's live or if we have to wait for it to be finished to watch it. We still have some time though so I'm going to play around with the app a bit more (I just downloaded it this week) to figure out what our options are.

Hi all! We will be at WL for our first ever family WDW trip! We will be arriving on a Wednesday evening, and it seems like we should be able to get a nice bite for dinner from Geyser Point or Roaring Fork. We shouldn’t expect a wait at either since they’re QS, right? Anyone have opinions on the food at either place?

We arrive on Saturday for our first-ever stay at Boulder Ridge! So excited and rather surprised that we never had the opportunity to stay there before. We’re looking forward to exploring the resort. I’ve only seen it from the outside when the ME drops folks off, so I’m sure it will be wonderful. :flower:

Thanks for the responses on the tv. We don't have Chromecast or anything like that. Not sure what we will do yet but I think we may just bring the laptop so we have an option if things dont work with casting. With the recent updated wifi at the lodge i am hoping it will go smoothly!

I checked a few channel lists for the resorts and they don't have HBO. As for shows they don't drop earlier on the app but there is a 'live' button in the app and it immediately starts showing you whats playing on that channel at that moment(there are various channels to choose from). I'm not sure if we are a few minutes late if there is the option to restart it while it's live or if we have to wait for it to be finished to watch it. We still have some time though so I'm going to play around with the app a bit more (I just downloaded it this week) to figure out what our options are.

Unfortunately, you have a much bigger problem. You're going to run into Crave's geoblocking:

QUOTE from https://www.crave.ca/help-and-frequently-asked-questions-74295754

Can I use Crave when travelling in Canada and the U.S.?

Crave is not available for use outside Canada.

END QUOTE

Crave will detect you are not in Canada and you won't be able to watch anything.

SW

Hi all! We will be at WL for our first ever family WDW trip! We will be arriving on a Wednesday evening, and it seems like we should be able to get a nice bite for dinner from Geyser Point or Roaring Fork. We shouldn’t expect a wait at either since they’re QS, right? Anyone have opinions on the food at either place?
Congrats! We had our first trip a few weeks ago. We didn't eat at Geyser Point and only once (that counts) at Roaring Fork, so I don't have the most info. But my take is:
  1. Both are QS, so you can't make reservations. This means both that you're unlikely to be "shut out" of eating, but also that it might be busy and have a bit of a wait, especially at peak times. If this is true, I would expect it more at Geyser Point than Roaring Fork.
  2. Geyser Point looked great, and there are many good reviews of it, so I'm a bit disappointed we never wound up there. In particular, the lakeside ambience seems nice at dusk.
  3. We only went to Roaring Fork for breakfast. We grabbed pre-made muffins once, and on a second day ordered eggs etc. I don't know what possessed me not to get the pulled-pork-cheese-grits-with-poached-egg—it was the last day of our trip and I think I'd just had too much rich food already. Anyway, the standard eggs-n-bacon platters we got were well executed, and decidedly better than Be Our Guest—the eggs were "real" eggs. I can't speak to quality, but the lunch and dinner menu certainly looks delicious. The indoor seating is rather small, but there are also some tables on the covered patio with a view of the themed landscaping, pool, and lake.
  4. Unsolicited advice: If your schedule allows and you can land a reservation, I recommend Storybook Dining at Artist Point. It's not the very best food we had on our trip, and it had its shortcomings, but IMO it was the dining experience with the heaviest dose of Disney "Imagineering," especially applied to the dining experience itself (themed dishes & presentation, not just eating amidst a themed setting). (My full $0.02 on our dining experiences: https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-good-the-meh-and-the-ugly.3742959/)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter