Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I have plans to ride our bikes from Ft Wilderness over to Wilderness Lodge to eat and tour the resort during our next trip Can anyone tell me if they have Bike racks to park and lock them in? I seem to remember they did but I can't tell for sure.

That is what I thought but as I like to say " Better to ask and Look Stupid than Do and be Stupid!!"

Thank you for this thread. I’ve just read through the first 2 pages and enjoyed the wealth of information.

I have rented points and have a 3 night stay at BRV the week before Xmas. I can hardly wait! My two favourite hotels that I’ve stayed at in the US to date are AKL and Old Faithful Inn, and I’m expecting this resort to feel like a great culmination of both.

Anyway... a couple of questions please.

1) Am I right to assume that I check in for BRV in the main lodge?

2) Mentioned in this thread is that studio villas have access to a free laundry room with your room key. I was just wondering if this is still the case now that Disney is using those new washer/dryers that you can track online? I’m hoping they’re still free, but wouldn’t be surprised if they aren’t.

Do any of the CC studios have fireworks view?

So it depends on what you consider "fireworks view"....

Some of the upper floor rooms can see the tops of some of the fireworks over the top of the HUGE NORTH WING BUILDING that blocks most of the fireworks "view".

A much better option if you want to stay indoors is to walk over to the North wing [aka hotel side] on an upper floor and find the wooden shutters in the hallway that are normally closed. open them. Voila, fireworks view :-) Just no music.

SW

2) Mentioned in this thread is that studio villas have access to a free laundry room with your room key. I was just wondering if this is still the case now that Disney is using those new washer/dryers that you can track online? I’m hoping they’re still free, but wouldn’t be surprised if they aren’t.

Still free for those staying in the villas.

SW

No, I was told you can not. May want to look into reunion station and if that is an option (I don't know), but traditional CL can only be added to regular lodge rooms.
Yes, Reunion Station is all you can add. It's $50 per adult per night of your reservation (that's all guests 10+, not just 18 yrs or older). Kids were a bit less ($33 for guests age 3-9). You need to add it for every night of your stay. From 7-10AM and 4-10PM. One caveat is that you must be a DVC member staying at either CCV or BRV.

We are going to be taking my mom on our next trip and she will be using a scooter. We stayed (without a scooter) at WL in 2015 and have been trying to get back to it ever since. How would you rate WL for scooter use vs. Poly or one of the other monorail resorts? I read that the boats to MK may alternate on being able to fit the scooter, but know we would have to take the bus for everything else. Booked for late January, but now second guessing my decision because of the scooter and transportation.

That’s common, and Standard View gets you Standard or better, so I wouldn’t be at all surprised to have a nicer view with an older standard view reservation. We have always booked Standard View and have wound up in many different categories of rooms. It is all good at WL, but if you do get a great view with a Standard View reservation you can’t assume you will always get that upgrade.
No, with less rooms in their inventory I think in general upgrades are less frequent. We have always booked standard or woods view but always got courtyard view. But we haven’t stayed at WL since 2012! Pre DVC taking over most of the resort except north side.
But was wondering what others got when like me, they booked before they split the north facing wing into several categories (again).

We are going to be taking my mom on our next trip and she will be using a scooter. We stayed (without a scooter) at WL in 2015 and have been trying to get back to it ever since. How would you rate WL for scooter use vs. Poly or one of the other monorail resorts? I read that the boats to MK may alternate on being able to fit the scooter, but know we would have to take the bus for everything else. Booked for late January, but now second guessing my decision because of the scooter and transportation.
Yes, the boats do alternate between the small boat that doesn’t take scooters and the larger one that can. But you always have the option of a bus to MK.

I've stayed in both WL hotel rooms and in a CCV studio with a scooter. No issues, though there is not as much room as a Poly room, which means you have to be more careful and creative navigating and parking the scooter inside the room, particularly turning it around. More than once I got off the thing, put it in manual and walked it when trying ti park it or turn around in the room, especially on the hotel side [studio is much easier if the sofa is still in sofa mode and you move the coffee table -- you have quite a bit of space to park and turn around].

I found it easier to use the bus for MK with the scooter [and it is faster than the boat], but have also used the boat with the scooter [e.g. coming back from MK when I didn't mind if I had to wait for a second boat] -- one time was a little fun as due to low water levels the captain made everyone get to the opposite side of the boat to tip it high enough on the dock side so the scooter could get off at WL ;-)

SW

Hi all, sorry if this has been asked a million times but I’m finding various info online...can you see HEA from WL? Do they pipe in the music like they do at the Poly? I’m really considering staying here but have young kids so I’d really like the perk of being able to view fireworks from our resort. Any help would be appreciated!

Hi all, sorry if this has been asked a million times but I’m finding various info online...can you see HEA from WL? Do they pipe in the music like they do at the Poly? I’m really considering staying here but have young kids so I’d really like the perk of being able to view fireworks from our resort. Any help would be appreciated!
Don’t think you can see more than fireworks but I’ve heard it piped into Geyser Point!

HI. So question. For the room request form at touring plans, what exactly shows copper creek villas, what is the setting? I am doing studio, so is it woods/studio room to search?

Also, is there a map of which studio rooms have the walk in shower? I'm trying to see before I put a request in. I don't want to put in a request for a room thats not what I have booked

Last edited:
wl_cc_room_numbers_20180227-jpg.309265

What do the little blue square boxes with the X represent. I am looking at a room across from it that seems nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter