• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort will have a new internal bus service from next week.

erionm

DIS Veteran
From WDWMagic.com:
Beginning August 29 2016, a dedicated bus will run internally, stopping at the seven bus stops approximately every 20 minutes.

A new route will also run directly from the Congress Park stop to the Typhoon Lagoon water park.

Bus service to Disney Springs is being discontinued, with guests being able to choose to take the Sassagoula River Cruise water taxi from the boat dock, or take the walkway from Congress Park.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/transportat...l-bus-service-and-other-transport-changes.htm

From WDWMagic.com:
Beginning August 29 2016, a dedicated bus will run internally, stopping at the seven bus stops approximately every 20 minutes.

A new route will also run directly from the Congress Park stop to the Typhoon Lagoon water park.

Bus service to Disney Springs is being discontinued, with guests being able to choose to take the Sassagoula River Cruise water taxi from the boat dock, or take the walkway from Congress Park.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/transportat...l-bus-service-and-other-transport-changes.htm
Am I crazy? I only recall 5 bus stops. Or does this loop include 2 stops at the tree house villas?

So this is going to add a good few minutes onto every journey we make on the bus? We are staying there for the first time in 3 weeks and I am now a bit worried about the length of time the busses will take around the resort.

So this is going to add a good few minutes onto every journey we make on the bus? We are staying there for the first time in 3 weeks and I am now a bit worried about the length of time the busses will take around the resort.

The only bus that will have a longer route is the internal bus. Prior to the change it only went from the THVs to the Springs bus stop. Now it will go to all of the bus stops, I am not sure what the order will be. The THV folks will have more incentive to walk over to the Grandstand bus stop IMO.

So a bus to the parks will be exactly the same as before.

The only bus that will have a longer route is the internal bus. Prior to the change it only went from the THVs to the Springs bus stop. Now it will go to all of the bus stops, I am not sure what the order will be. The THV folks will have more incentive to walk over to the Grandstand bus stop IMO.

So a bus to the parks will be exactly the same as before.

Oh, I see. There is an internal bus to take you anywhere onsite (which now includes the THV), and also a Park bus, which still only goes to the stops that it does now. Thank you :)

Checking in to see if someone can verify if the bus to Disney Springs still only departs from Congress Park...?

Checking in to see if someone can verify if the bus to Disney Springs still only departs from Congress Park...?

It is my understanding that the Disney Springs bus makes one loop first as an internal shuttle, and the second time around as the Disney springs bus. So the Disney springs bus will stop at all the bus stops, not just Congress park.

Stayed at SSR in Jan. There was bus service to Disney Springs from the other stops as well (boarded at Paddock). I had seen signs about the internal shuttle thing but in the 5 days we stayed there I never actually saw a bus with "internal shuttle" on the display just Disney Springs. We only took the bus to Disney springs once. It sucked. The old bus route went out the exit by Congress Park and only took a couple minutes when the bus stop was right behind the marketplace area closest to SSR. When we went in Jan the bus circled back trough SSR to exit by Carousel then made a left circling all the way around key west to get to the new bus parking area. What use to be a 5 min bus ride is now (in our experience) 15-20 min b/c traffic and the lights going that way really stink. It took us close to 40 min to get to Disney Springs (the bus took at least 20 min to arrive) so we walked back to avoid another lengthy wait/trip

Thank you so much CMNJ! That's good to hear that the Disney Springs buses are stopping at every internal resort stop now. Do you know what order the Disney Springs bus made its way around the internal stops at SSR?

I found this article from last year, and it's interesting to note that it seems Disney was trying to completely phase out Disney Springs bus service all together from the resort.

It used to be that the springs was the first stop, then grandstand, Carousel, Paddock, Congress park and then head to the springs out the exit near Congress park. The reason the springs stop was first previously was to enable people to use the buses to get to and from the main area (park bus to the springs stop then disney springs bus back to your room). The night we went we got on at Paddock and stopped at Congress Park. I can't recall if we stopped at the springs before we left that night or simply drove past it because of the new bus route. We did not take the bus back from SSR but due to the layout of the resort and the bus stops it only makes sense to go grandstand, Carousel, Paddock, then Congress park like the park buses do. If the same bus is also stopping at the tree houses as part of an internal shuttle I'd assume it would be before or after grandstand since that is the area nearest them.

The only bus that will have a longer route is the internal bus. Prior to the change it only went from the THVs to the Springs bus stop. Now it will go to all of the bus stops, I am not sure what the order will be.

When I visited last October, 2016, there were two Internal Shuttles running at most times of the day and they ran the following route:
Congress Park --> The Springs --> Grandstand --> Carousel --> Paddock --> Congress Park --> Treehouse Villas North --> Treehouse Villas South --> Congress Park

On my previous trip in October, 2015, the resort-wide internal shuttle didn't exist, rather it only ran this shorter route:
The Springs --> Treehouse Villas North --> Treehouse Villas South --> The Springs

I know a lot of complaints happened because of the longer internal shuttle route that was introduced in 2016, so I wonder if they're still doing the 2016 route or have reverted back to the shorter, 2015 route.

Hello everyone. We have been owners at Saratoga Springs since 2003. The resort has grown so much over time and the internal bus service sounds nice. We have not stayed there in probably 7 or 8 years....we are always on Disney Cruises. I hope the resort is still wonderful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter