Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

The idea of the movies in (or from?) the pool sounds so nice, has anyone ever really ever done that in November? It's so hard to imagine swimming weather in November coming from where I am...but I guess it's possible. I know the pools are heated...but is it a comfortable air to swim in?
I believe the movies are on the lawn. At least they used to be.:) Someone chime in if things have changed!

We arrive at Port Orleans Riverside on Saturday!! What type of shampoo/conditioner/soap is provided? I can't remember if it was small bottles or pumps in the shower three years ago when we were there.

H2O brand, available in bulk pump dispensers on the wall next to the bath. Bar soap is also provided by the sinks.

Andre

We arrive at Port Orleans Riverside on Saturday!! What type of shampoo/conditioner/soap is provided? I can't remember if it was small bottles or pumps in the shower three years ago when we were there.
It is all in bottles, attached to the bathtub-shower wall. Shampoo, creme rinse and body wash.

It is all in bottles, attached to the bathtub-shower wall. Shampoo, creme rinse and body wash.
You also get a couple of (small-ish) bottles... and... they put a fresh boutique Kleenex in the tissue holder when the do the room. What do they do with all those boxes of tissue that are only slightly gone into? One of the mysteries of housekeeping... .

Menu Changes at Riverside Mill Food Court in Disney’s Port Orleans Resort

Walt Disney World quietly updated the menu at Riverside Mill Food Court in Disney’s Port Orleans Resort to feature new dishes while removing many older options.

Breakfast​

Riverside-Mill-entrees.png

Riverside-Mill-plant-based.png

The following dishes have been removed from the breakfast menu:
  • American Platter
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Chipotle Seitan Vegetable Saute
Two new dishes have been added: Pancakes with Berry Compote and a Plant-based Mickey Frittata.

Lunch/Dinner​

The following dishes have been removed from the menu:
  • Turkey Sandwich
  • Garden Salad
  • Garden Salad with Shrimp
  • Impossible BBQ Market Burger
  • Pot Roast
  • Chicken Parmesan
  • Kid’s Mac & Cheese
Several new items have been added as replacements.
Riverside-Mill-entrees-and-sandwiches.png

Shrimp and Grits joins the entrées.
Riverside-mill-lunch-plant-based.png

The Impossible BBQ Market Burger was replaced by the simply-named Impossible Burger, which is topped with barbecued jackfruit, pickled slaw, and plant-based cheddar.

Riverside-Mill-pizza-and-pasta.png

A Baked Gnocchi Turkey Bolognese joins the pizza and pasta selections.
Riverside-Mill-salads.png

The garden salads have been replaced by Caesar and Greek Salads, both of which can be ordered with or without chicken.
Riverside-Mill-sandwiches.png

And finally, for sandwiches, a new Plant-based Tuna Sandwich and a Ham and Cheese Sandwich are now available.

Menu Changes at Riverside Mill Food Court in Disney’s Port Orleans Resort

Walt Disney World quietly updated the menu at Riverside Mill Food Court in Disney’s Port Orleans Resort to feature new dishes while removing many older options.

Breakfast​

Riverside-Mill-entrees.png

Riverside-Mill-plant-based.png

The following dishes have been removed from the breakfast menu:
  • American Platter
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Chipotle Seitan Vegetable Saute
Two new dishes have been added: Pancakes with Berry Compote and a Plant-based Mickey Frittata.

Lunch/Dinner​

The following dishes have been removed from the menu:
  • Turkey Sandwich
  • Garden Salad
  • Garden Salad with Shrimp
  • Impossible BBQ Market Burger
  • Pot Roast
  • Chicken Parmesan
  • Kid’s Mac & Cheese
Several new items have been added as replacements.
Riverside-Mill-entrees-and-sandwiches.png

Shrimp and Grits joins the entrées.
Riverside-mill-lunch-plant-based.png

The Impossible BBQ Market Burger was replaced by the simply-named Impossible Burger, which is topped with barbecued jackfruit, pickled slaw, and plant-based cheddar.

Riverside-Mill-pizza-and-pasta.png

A Baked Gnocchi Turkey Bolognese joins the pizza and pasta selections.
Riverside-Mill-salads.png

The garden salads have been replaced by Caesar and Greek Salads, both of which can be ordered with or without chicken.
Riverside-Mill-sandwiches.png

And finally, for sandwiches, a new Plant-based Tuna Sandwich and a Ham and Cheese Sandwich are now available.
I don't understand the menu changes Disney keeps making. How do you remove a staple like kids mac and cheese? My kids survive on it. I used to love the food court at Riverside, but it hasn't been the same since they reopened. Our plans for booking a trip have been put on hold because my kids will go hungry based on these recent menu changes.

I don't understand the menu changes Disney keeps making. How do you remove a staple like kids mac and cheese? My kids survive on it. I used to love the food court at Riverside, but it hasn't been the same since they reopened. Our plans for booking a trip have been put on hold because my kids will go hungry based on these recent menu changes.
Your kids will adjust...go anyway.

Your kids will adjust...go anyway.
I think we will wait. It is not just the Riverside menu change, its all of the recent changes to menus that are baffling. Kids Mac and cheese, kids hot dogs from the Coral Reef menu, Pizza from Tony's...

It just doesn't make sense, isn't real friendly to picky eaters, and are the items we would want to order. We can (and we are) adjust by spending our money elsewhere that meets our needs better.

Just a warning for those who need it! I knew the following information before we got there, however DH didn't & he booked it. We were at the resort 6/4-6/11. Do not book here if you expect to be near a bus stop or the main building/food court/lobby. We were in Building 18, 2nd floor, far from the parking lot, & lugging lots of luggage (no elevators with two story buildings). We did mobile check-in, getting there just before 3:00 p.m. and didn't get notification that the room was ready until almost 6:00 p.m. When we did get to the room, the door wouldn't open with any of our MagicBands. The phone app would open the door, but the point of the MagicBand was the convenience, so another long trek to the lobby... The twenty minute wait for a bus was hit or miss & because they stopped at POFQ first, then four stops at POR, with us being stop four, we spent most of our bus rides standing up. One day there were four MK busses going by us without boarding anyone before a HS bus came. Just be prepared for long walks & waits.

We walked to POFQ our last morning to get beignets for breakfast. We all wished we had stayed there instead!

Last edited:
Our MagicBands wouldn't unlock the door when we stayed at POR in May. Luckily, we were able to use the unlock door feature on the MDE app. I would have rather used the MBs than the cell phone, but at least we didn't need to trek back to the lobby.

Just a warning for those who need it! I knew the following information before we got there, however DH didn't & he booked it. We were at the resort 6/4-6/11. Do not book here if you expect to be near a bus stop or the main building/food court/lobby. We were in Building 18, 2nd floor, far from the parking lot, & lugging lots of luggage (no elevators with two story buildings). We did mobile check-in, getting there just before 3:00 p.m. and didn't get notification that the room was ready until almost 6:00 p.m. When we did get to the room, the door wouldn't open with any of our MagicBands. The phone app would open the door, but the point of the MagicBand was the convenience, so another long trek to the lobby... The twenty minute wait for a bus was hit or miss & because they stopped at POFQ first, then four stops at POR, with us being stop four, we spent most of our bus rides standing up. One day there were four MK busses going by us without boarding anyone before a HS bus came. Just be prepared for long walks & waits.

We walked to POFQ our last morning to get beignets for breakfast. We all wished we had stayed there instead!
We had the same problem with opening the door with the magic bands, but were able to open it with the app We had to go to lobby to pick up our luggage and they were able to fix the problem. They said this has been a common problem. Apparently it's an IT glitch.

Only once did we share a bus with POFQ. The bus stop near the lobby was the last stop and we skipped it several times because the bus full. I would suggest walking to a different stop.

We are leaving tomorrow and we have at least a half a case of Kirkland water bottles left. Anyone at Port Orleans Riverside right now that wants them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter