Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

I just posted a thread about this but will ask here too…

is there any outdoor seating for the food court? Or is there a place to take the food that is mobile ordered to eat outside?

additionally, how far is the walk to French quarters food court since I know they have outdoor seating there? We will be staying in a royal room.

thanks!
The walk will be no more than 10 minutes. They do have outdoor seating at PO-FQ. I don't think that they have any at PO-Riverside. The menus are similar.

Another question I can't seem to figure out... I know you can walk between POFQ & POR... and between Old Key West and Disney Springs. Is there a way to walk from PO to Old Key West? Or basically from PO to Disney Springs? I know you can take the boat (yay!) but I am a runner and always looking for fun places to get my miles in!
You cannot walk from PO-FQ to OKW. There is a road that runs between the resorts that goes between Bonnet Creek Parkway and Buena Vista Drive. It serves as the main access road for OKW and Saratoga Springs. Y

I just posted a thread about this but will ask here too…

is there any outdoor seating for the food court? Or is there a place to take the food that is mobile ordered to eat outside?

additionally, how far is the walk to French quarters food court since I know they have outdoor seating there? We will be staying in a royal room.

thanks!
I just got back from a lovely stay at Port Orleans Riverside. I don’t eat indoors due to the ongoing pandemic, so I was looking for an outdoor table to enjoy my quick service meal. There is no outdoor seating at all. So I ended up at table in the nearby main swimming pool area. This won’t work for breakfast, as the pool doesn’t open till 10am.

I just got back from a lovely stay at Port Orleans Riverside. I don’t eat indoors due to the ongoing pandemic, so I was looking for an outdoor table to enjoy my quick service meal. There is no outdoor seating at all. So I ended up at table in the nearby main swimming pool area. This won’t work for breakfast, as the pool doesn’t open till 10am.

Might you have taken a picture of the Activity Schedule? Thank you!! Hope you had fun!

Thank you very much for answering!

Does anyone who has been recently know if Riverside has their carrot cake still? It was literally the best slice of carrot cake I'd ever had it my life, and I've been looking forward to it since we had to move our pandemic trip. But it is not listed on their menus online or on mobile ordering so I don't know if it is gone or still there. Thanks!

Andre, Yesterday I phoned to book a POR room for January 2023 and the cast member said that the only way to “guarantee” a room in building 80 or 85 would be to book a woods view room. I usually book a standard room and request those buildings, but she said the woods view was the way to assure I would be in 80 or 85. Is this correct?

Andre, Yesterday I phoned to book a POR room for January 2023 and the cast member said that the only way to “guarantee” a room in building 80 or 85 would be to book a woods view room. I usually book a standard room and request those buildings, but she said the woods view was the way to assure I would be in 80 or 85. Is this correct?

No, that's not correct. Both Standard View and Woods View are equally likely get you a Magnolia Bend mansion building room in buildings 80 or 85 - but you should remember that neither actually guarantee that. If they haven't sold enough 5th Sleeper rooms (which are booking types that guarantees an Alligator Bayou location) they can still assign guests with non 5th Sleeper bookings into AB rooms.

So Standard/Woods 5th Sleeper bookings guarantee the extra bed and an AB location, but regular Standard/Woods bookings don't 100% guarantee the reverse.

Andre

No, that's not correct. Both Standard View and Woods View are equally likely get you a Magnolia Bend mansion building room in buildings 80 or 85 - but you should remember that neither actually guarantee that. If they haven't sold enough 5th Sleeper rooms (which are booking types that guarantees an Alligator Bayou location) they can still assign guests with non 5th Sleeper bookings into AB rooms.

So Standard/Woods 5th Sleeper bookings guarantee the extra bed and an AB location, but regular Standard/Woods bookings don't 100% guarantee the reverse.

Andre
Thank You, Andre. I didn’t really believe it, so I thought I’d check with you. I guess I’ll switch to my usual standard room. I’d rather save a few bucks and be a little bit closer to the bus stops anyway.

To answer my own, prior, question...

This resort does appear to be booking to full capacity. I needed a room number change, and the poor girl at the desk had a really hard time.

Thank You, Andre. I didn’t really believe it, so I thought I’d check with you. I guess I’ll switch to my usual standard room. I’d rather save a few bucks and be a little bit closer to the bus stops anyway.
I would agree with the cast member. I prefer to stay in building 80-85 too. I always book a wood view. 95% of the wood view rooms are located in buildings 80-85, I find it highly increase my odds.

I said it before and I will say it again, they need a 5th sleeper pool view category so I can guarantee my AB pool view.

I always book a wood view. 95% of the wood view rooms are located in buildings 80-85.

In fact, 100% of the Woods View rooms are located in buildings 80-85. However there is no guarantee you will necessarily get one. As I said, they sometimes place basic Woods View (or Standard View) bookings into the comparable Alligator Bayou rooms if they have more bookings than they can accommodate in 80-85. They can't do it the other way around though, as booking 5th Sleeper is a higher category.

Andre

Hi I have a question. Can anyone tell me if the Huckleberry Fishing Hole (the catch and release) is open at the resort?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter