• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

You can always take a bus over to Disney Springs then run the trail toward Saratoga Springs/OKW and connect to the golf course that way if the tree line at PO isn't an option. There is a nice trail from the Wilderness Lodge over to Ft Wilderness that's relatively easy to find. Not sure if they will let me post the link but there are a few websites that give examples (thecastlerun dot com, greatruns dot com). https://thecastlerun.com/where-to-r...nitive-walt-disney-world-running-trail-guide/ And Disney lists some as well on their site.

You can always take a bus over to Disney Springs then run the trail toward Saratoga Springs/OKW and connect to the golf course that way if the tree line at PO isn't an option. There is a nice trail from the Wilderness Lodge over to Ft Wilderness that's relatively easy to find. Not sure if they will let me post the link but there are a few websites that give examples (thecastlerun dot com, greatruns dot com). https://thecastlerun.com/where-to-r...nitive-walt-disney-world-running-trail-guide/ And Disney lists some as well on their site.

Oh my gosh thank you so much for that resource! That is perfect!

We (me, hubby, sis and bro-in-law) are thinking of heading down the last week of March for a three or four night resort/Disney Springs trip for lots of pool time and plenty of good food and drinks at DS! We are checking out flight prices now and we think POR will be a good choice for their great feature pool/pool bar and quiet pools, as well as boat transportation to DS. It’s been several years since we’ve stayed there so we’re looking forward to checking out the refurbished rooms. We may decide to do one day at Epcot for the F&G Festival, too.

We were just at WDW the week after Thanksgiving and had a great trip visiting all the parks… it will be nice to have a slower paced relaxing trip this time.

Last edited:

We (me, hubby, sis and bro-in-law) are thinking of heading down the last week of March for a three or four night resort/Disney Springs trip for lots of pool time and plenty of good food and drinks at DS! We are checking out flight prices now and we think POR will be a good choice for their great feature pool/pool bar and quiet pools, as well as boat transportation to DS. It’s been several years since we’ve stayed there so we’re looking forward to checking out the refurbished rooms. We may decide to do one day at Epcot for the F&G Festival, too.

We were just at WDW the week after Thanksgiving and had a great trip visiting all the parks… it will be nice to have a slower paced relaxing trip this time.

All booked for Mon, 3/28-Fri, 4/1! We booked two pool view rooms with two queen beds, which I believe will put us in the non-princess themed mansion buildings… perfect location for us. We decided we do want to go to Epcot on Wednesday to break up the trip and enjoy the F&G Festival, and the other days will be a mix of pool time, resort hopping, and DS time. Lots of relaxation, cocktails, and food! Can’t wait.

Last edited:
I just posted a thread about this but will ask here too…

is there any outdoor seating for the food court? Or is there a place to take the food that is mobile ordered to eat outside?

additionally, how far is the walk to French quarters food court since I know they have outdoor seating there? We will be staying in a royal room.

thanks!

Does anyone know if Riverside is booking at full capacity? The last I heard, people said it seemed like there wasn't a lot of people around the resort. I'm hoping that it is being booked at a partial percentage still.

Haven’t stayed at Riverside since 2018 and honestly it was a blur as it was for my daughters wedding. Staying there beginning of March and choose Woods View/2 Queens…any suggestions on building and room request. Don’t mind walking but don’t mind be close to everything either. Thanks!

Haven’t stayed at Riverside since 2018 and honestly it was a blur as it was for my daughters wedding. Staying there beginning of March and choose Woods View/2 Queens…any suggestions on building and room request. Don’t mind walking but don’t mind be close to everything either. Thanks!

If you want Alligator Bayou you can guarantee a room there by booking Woods View\ 5th sleeper. Otherwise you are going to probably get Magnolia buildings if you booked plain Jane woods view.

I made a room request to be close to Old Man's Island and we had a great location in Magnolia Terrace. It was as close as a preferred room would have been.

We will be heading back to POR for our third visit in June. We will be in a royal room. We have stayed in the royal rooms the other two times we were there and loved the location.

Does anybody know if the arcade is still temporary closed? And if so is the one in PFQ open?
We were there recently and while I didn’t go in the arcade it looked open to me. The lights were on and the machines were all lit up so I thought it was. Have fun when you go 😊

Stayed at POR during Marathon Weekend. We had a great time there. We stayed in building 14, so right near the food court and lobby. That worked out so well. On the day we checked in, our room was ready before noon. We got over to the room around 2pm. We took a stroll through all of the resort and also POFQ. That evening we took the ferry boat over to Disney Springs. That was a chilly boat ride. We had a great time there and will definitely come back here.

I believe the arcade was open. Like mentioned above, all the lights and machines were on.

My favorite thing in the food court was the pasta and meatballs! After the half marathon my eyes were bigger than my stomach. I ordered the pasta and meatballs along with one of the big slices of pizza. The pizza didn't get touched. The amount of pasta they give you is very deceiving. It is a good amount. I went back again on Sunday after the marathon and got the pasta and meatballs again. I thought the best value was the whole pizza for $19. If you have a couple of people, definitely a deal to go with that.

Does anyone know if Riverside is booking at full capacity? The last I heard, people said it seemed like there wasn't a lot of people around the resort. I'm hoping that it is being booked at a partial percentage still.

I don't know anything. But FWIW today I was able to change my reservation for next week (reducing the stay from 6 nights to 5). As I was doing so I was able to switch to an AP rate for a standard view room. When I booked the trip in December that room rate was not available so I had to book an AP pool view room back then. We don't care one thing about location of our room, so it's pretty sweet to save $21 per night! Not sure if there are cancelations due to Covid, increased capacity or what, but that was my experience today

I never found a bad Disney World room. All are clean and in good shape. So it’s price vs perks.
POR is a large resort So make sure you get a room that works for you.
close to food court, or close to main pool, or a good bus stop. First bus stop you get on the bus in peak times

I called to ask that same question. While they did not give me exact numbers or percentages, they did say they were filling close to full occupancy. At least for the time frame, I am going in March. I hope this helps.

I called to ask that same question. While they did not give me exact numbers or percentages, they did say they were filling close to full occupancy. At least for the time frame, I am going in March. I hope this helps.

I am wondering how they define full occupancy now. Is it the full occupancy utilizing all available rooms or is it full occupancy of a Covid adjusted capacity?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter