Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Got online about 8:05, switched from Pop to Riverside for November, in less than 5 minutes (it took me that long to decide standard or woods view! haha). Took woods view (only $13 per night difference) The upgrade to POR cost me about $800, but worth it!!
What is kinda weird is that it was all about $7 per night more that what was listed on Mousesavers.com. Oh well!?.... I always say Disney calculates taxes weird!! haha!
Now hoping for a discount of some kind to pop up so I can apply it!

Got online about 8:05, switched from Pop to Riverside for November, in less than 5 minutes (it took me that long to decide standard or woods view! haha). Took woods view (only $13 per night difference) The upgrade to POR cost me about $800, but worth it!!
What is kinda weird is that it was all about $7 per night more that what was listed on Mousesavers.com. Oh well!?.... I always say Disney calculates taxes weird!! haha!
I know that Mousesavers lists the prices INCLUDING taxes, WDW does not, so that might be a difference?

Mind if I ask what internet browser you used?

I just changed to PO riverside from CBR. We got a woods view with a 5th sleeper. Any ideas of locations I should try to request?

Moving from CBR to POR (5th sleeper with either) will save me $200. Is POR that much better?

Totally subjective and just my families personal opinion but we prefer POR any day over CBR. We just had a really bad experience at CBR. Take that away and even on face value POR works better for our family. We prefer the theming, resort is smaller, (compared to CBR), it's not a small resort by any means, fewer bus stops, rooms have been more recently refurbished and we prefer the overall landscape and resort layout. Now where CBR wins is having the skyliner, there's no disputing that.

As far as your cost saves, to me $200 is $200, it can easily be blown in WDW so it's up to you if the cost saves justify the move and while $200 isn't huge savings in WDW it's still money back in your pocket.

My last two cents, I would pay $200 more to move to POR from CBR LOL!! Just not a fan of CBR at all.

I just changed to PO riverside from CBR. We got a woods view with a 5th sleeper. Any ideas of locations I should try to request?
So we like building 26 in AB. It's a standard 2 queen, 5th sleeper room, not preferred, no special views. It's not a far walk from the west depot bus stop, not that far from the lobby and pool. I will say it's about a 3-5 min walk to the parking lot so if you plan to drive daily, that might get old but we loved the location. We did a corner room, 2660 and it was a 2 min walk to the West depot (first stop so you don't run the risk of buses being full) and about 5 min to the lobby/pool. But for us the big plus compared to CBR is that a 5-10 min walk isn't a big deal to us because the paths at POR are so nice and wide. At CBR, if you are located across the bridge from the lobby/amenities, you cannot pass people who walk slow, with kids, strollers, wheelchairs, etc. and it gets so frustrating sometimes. I am by no means a speed walker but it got old walking that bridge.

Been a long time since I have been here. I terrified at how quickly resorts open and reach capacity. It’s my grandkids first trip and I was not expecting to wind up this crowded. Currently booked At POP but I’m hearing nightmares about the gondola system or whatever it’s called. Someone told me they had to wait in line at POP and then again at CBR. It would be $1000 more to changed to POR. I see others are doing this.

Our TA was able to switch us from AoA to POR this morning. We are going in November and bringing our dog with us because we are only there for a few days and staying with family the rest of the vacation. Has anyone had any experience with the pet rooms? I've heard they might be in the back?

So we like building 26 in AB. It's a standard 2 queen, 5th sleeper room, not preferred, no special views. It's not a far walk from the west depot bus stop, not that far from the lobby and pool. I will say it's about a 3-5 min walk to the parking lot so if you plan to drive daily, that might get old but we loved the location. We did a corner room, 2660 and it was a 2 min walk to the West depot (first stop so you don't run the risk of buses being full) and about 5 min to the lobby/pool. But for us the big plus compared to CBR is that a 5-10 min walk isn't a big deal to us because the paths at POR are so nice and wide. At CBR, if you are located across the bridge from the lobby/amenities, you cannot pass people who walk slow, with kids, strollers, wheelchairs, etc. and it gets so frustrating sometimes. I am by no means a speed walker but it got old walking that bridge.
Thank you for your feedback!!

All the rooms with 5th sleeper are in the Alligator Bayou. Take a look at the map and see what you'd like.

So we are booked for the Dolphin in September but I decided to hedge my bets and make a reservation for POR in November. Personally, I think I'd rather wait and go in Nov, but we'll be watching the situation with fastpass, etc, before we make a final decision.

So we are booked for the Dolphin in September but I decided to hedge my bets and make a reservation for POR in November. Personally, I think I'd rather wait and go in Nov, but we'll be watching the situation with fastpass, etc, before we make a final decision.
I’m a big Swan/Dolphin fan, but the fantastic November weather and staying at POR a month after it reopens should make this an easy decision! 😀

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter