• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Can anyone tell me if there is still trivia on Tuesday nights at the lounge? We did it last trip and had a blast and would like to do it again when we are back in August.

Nope, not at the moment, sorry. It's been gone for a few months now. They now have an evening pool party that night, so not sure if the trivia nights might return when the evenings start to draw in again?

Andre

I may not be understanding what is meant by a make-your-own salad. When we visited in May and June, I was able to order a salad the way I wanted it and it was prepared when I ordered. I also ordered a Ceasar Salad or Greek Salad and it was pre-made and in a plastic container.

Nope, not at the moment, sorry. It's been gone for a few months now. They now have an evening pool party that night, so not sure if the trivia nights might return when the evenings start to draw in again?

Andre

That's too bad. It was a lot of fun. I do see that Wilderness Lodge has a trivia day at Geyser Point so I'm checking too see if it's similar. Either way I really appreciate the feedback. I'm sure we can figure out something to do that night. ;)

Anyone who has stayed in the Royal Rooms, how are they and how close to food court are they?

We stayed in the royal rooms, building 90, oak manor. It was not a very far walk to the lobby/food court. It was a river view room. I know they are not preferred location priced rooms but I think paying extra for the theming, they're a good location if main lobby proximity is of concern. There is a bridge over the river to the lobby. If you are not a river facing room, it might add a little bit longer of a walk but overall it's not bad.

Which Royal Rooms are closer to the food court and whats the distance?

You can view the property map here. https://www.portorleans.org/maps-and-directions.php

We stayed in building 90 but only bldg 90/95 gave royal rooms. The bridge makes it a quick walk to the lobby/food court area. We were in a river view room so I'd say it was max 5 min if that long. I didn't time it but it's not bad at all. If you were not river facing, it might take a bit longer but again, not too far. To put it into perspecitve if you look at the map, our last visit we were in AB in building 26 and that was probably a full 5 min walk to the lobby.

We stayed in the royal rooms, building 90, oak manor. It was not a very far walk to the lobby/food court. It was a river view room. I know they are not preferred location priced rooms but I think paying extra for the theming, they're a good location if main lobby proximity is of concern. There is a bridge over the river to the lobby. If you are not a river facing room, it might add a little bit longer of a walk but overall it's not bad.
Thank you

You can view the property map here. https://www.portorleans.org/maps-and-directions.php

We stayed in building 90 but only bldg 90/95 gave royal rooms. The bridge makes it a quick walk to the lobby/food court area. We were in a river view room so I'd say it was max 5 min if that long. I didn't time it but it's not bad at all. If you were not river facing, it might take a bit longer but again, not too far. To put it into perspecitve if you look at the map, our last visit we were in AB in building 26 and that was probably a full 5 min walk to the lobby.
Thank you this helped a lot.. I wasn't sure about that map and the bridge.. Thanks

What bus stop drop off and pickup order would the Royal Rooms be? Does the main pools at POR and POFQ have slides? How close walking time are the Royal Rooms to Sassagoula, Riverside Mill, and the main pools?

What bus stop drop off and pickup order would the Royal Rooms be? Does the main pools at POR and POFQ have slides? How close walking time are the Royal Rooms to Sassagoula, Riverside Mill, and the main pools?
The Royal rooms are the third bus stop. Both main pools at Riverside and French Quarter have slides. I would guess that the Royal rooms are at least a ten minute walk, or more, to Sassagoula and the FQ pool. It is probably only a five to seven minute walk to Riverside Mill and the main pool at POR

The south depot, the front one, is the last stop for all of the park buses. Then it goes straight to the park from there.
So correct me if I'm wrong....but that means we should always try to get on at the West Depot (especially in the morning)???

We used the North Depot for our stay 7-10-19 to 7-16-19. It was always the second pick up and drop off stop. It was great because it was never busy. On 7-15-19 we went to AK for EMMH and we were the only family getting on the bus. There was one other family that boarded at the West Depot. Three others got on at East. At the South depot the line was insane (had to be about 200 pple maybe even more). In fact our friends were in line and realized that they would not board on that bus and took an Uber to AK. They arrived at the gate at the same time we did.

We used the North Depot for our stay 7-10-19 to 7-16-19. It was always the second pick up and drop off stop. It was great because it was never busy. On 7-15-19 we went to AK for EMMH and we were the only family getting on the bus. There was one other family that boarded at the West Depot. Three others got on at East. At the South depot the line was insane (had to be about 200 pple maybe even more). In fact our friends were in line and realized that they would not board on that bus and took an Uber to AK. They arrived at the gate at the same time we did.
Wow...thanks for the info!!! We'll be traveling with 2 little ones and this will make life a whole lot easier!!!

It all depends on what building you are in. The west depot is the first pickup but you might find it too far away to walk to. The only time the buses are crowded is for park opening, and then they always send multiple buses. You might have to wait another ten minutes or so, which isn't too. bad.

So correct me if I'm wrong....but that means we should always try to get on at the West Depot (especially in the morning)???

Personally, we mostly tend to use the South Depot, as we often stay in Alligator Bayou 14, or in Royal Rooms close to the river bridge, so that's the easiest walk for us (we might use East from the Royal Rooms). Yes, sometimes - specially around 8am-9am - there might be occasions where it's standing room only - but hey it's only a ten minute ride and we'll get there ten minutes quicker than if we'd got on at the West Depot and ridden all the way round the Riverside circle. I guess it might be different if we had someone with mobility issues of course.

And anyway, after our first few days at WDW, the family are not going anywhere by 8am - and towards the end of our stay, we are lucky to make the end of the breakfast session at the food court before we set out. :)

Andre

We just got back and also only used the South Depot bus stop by the main building. There were lines and busses had people on them/filled quickly. However, I will say that there was often another bus immediately behind the full one or just a few minutes behind. So we rarely ever waited for a bus trying to get to the parks. At most I think we waited less than 5-7 minutes. Leaving the parks, that could be another story. We often waited 5-25 minutes for a bus depending on when we were leaving. The best experiences leaving the parks was actually after fireworks or at park close because they have alot of busses to get people out quickly. Leaving mid-day was where we always had the longest waits, but that has nothing to do with POR exclusively and everything to do with the bus transportation.

Thank you! I forgot to ask....I read (not on here) that online check in requests trumps all other requests that are made by fax, phone, etc.). Has anyone found this to be true?

No, that is not true.

Is there a way to request AB when checking in online?

Thanks again.

They are constantly messing with the online choices, so I don't know currently. But it's best to call or fax in your requests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter