Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

So excited :cheer2: just booked our first trip to POR for Thanksgiving week! Has anyone here experienced the resort at this time? I’ve read that sometimes busses are shared with POFQ but is that still the case during the busy times of the year???
Any tips on how to make this trip memorable?
We usually go to POFQ the week before Thanksgiving. Both resorts should be decorated for Christmas during your week ( they are usually starting doing it our last day). We have found less bus sharing with POR since our first couple of trips. Sharing seemed to be during the day or very early AM ( MK bus before 7:00 am).We had 1 morning bus to MK that stopped at the depot at the POR lobby but it was a bus picking up overflow passengers from POFQ after the prior bus was full. Even in the evenings the boats to DS aren't shared . An extra boat called to help may stop at both but not like it was on our earlier trips. If you haven't checked it out visit www. portorleans.org for a lot of infornation.

We have 34 more days til we leave and 35 til we are at Disney! I feel like the time is flying by in some ways, mostly because we are so busy and are gearing up for my oldest dd's high school graduation and trying to make sure all loose ends are tied up but then it's going by slowly too! I feel like I am in panic mode, trying to make sure I have not forgot anything LOL Anyone else, feel like when you get this close, you don't know what else you are supposed to do? Adr are made, fast passes are made, trip is paid in full. Am I missing anything?
Same here! Full panic mode. Daughter also graduating and trying to get everything settled. We leave in 11 days and I'm not even sure the younger kids have summer clothes that fit!

Another mom of a high school grad here with a trip following shortly after, so I know exactly how y'all feel! Between older DS just returning from deployment, crazy stuff going on at work, and family coming in for the graduation I'm all over the place. This vacation can't get here soon enough!

We have 33 days until we are at Disney! I understand exactly how you feel. How exciting for your daughter to be graduating and then going to Disney!

Same here! Full panic mode. Daughter also graduating and trying to get everything settled. We leave in 11 days and I'm not even sure the younger kids have summer clothes that fit!

Congrats to all of you with grads! My daughter graduated 2 years ago and we celebrated at Riverside. This summer she'll turn 21 and we're celebrating again at Riverside! She takes after me, Riverside is her fav.

So many celebrations! It's exciting but yet stressful LOL I hope you all have a great trip as well! :)

Another mom of a high school grad here with a trip following shortly after, so I know exactly how y'all feel! Between older DS just returning from deployment, crazy stuff going on at work, and family coming in for the graduation I'm all over the place. This vacation can't get here soon enough!

Yay you are definitely going to be celebrating! pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Question! Our options on Riverside is either a Royal River View or a Regular River View.
(I'm a mom in a house full of boys, but they'd be fine either way). After using a site to figure out where these rooms are located I found that the Alligator Bayou rooms that are River View mostly have the fold down murphy bed, which would actually be pretty cool. But we are a family of four, not five. What's the likelihood I could get one of those? Do they generally save them for families of 5 or do I have a shot?

But we are a family of four, not five. What's the likelihood I could get one of those? Do they generally save them for families of 5 or do I have a shot?

They never have enough families of five to mean it's impossible for other people to get Alligator Bayou rooms. In fact, in the River View category, there are slightly more AB rooms than there are mansions, so your chances are better than 50/50. Put in a request for building 14, the River View rooms there are some of the best located on property.

Andre

So
They never have enough families of five to mean it's impossible for other people to get Alligator Bayou rooms. In fact, in the River View category, there are slightly more AB rooms than there are mansions, so your chances are better than 50/50. Put in a request for building 14, the River View rooms there are some of the best located on property.

Andre
So you're saying I could get a preferred building (possibly) with the River View? Oh my goodness. So better to try for that than Royal River, right?

So

So you're saying I could get a preferred building (possibly) with the River View? Oh my goodness. So better to try for that than Royal River, right?

Yes, you can get assigned any River View room, including the ones which happen to be in the buildings which also house the Preferred Location rooms (they are really a ROOM category, not a building classification). For example, building 14:

Floorplan-POR-AlligatorBayou-14.png

Andre

Has anyone had the omlets at the riverside food court? How large is the kids size vs the adult? Enough for a small breakfast? Anyone have pictures of Riverside breakfasts - kids & adult plates?

I've only had the adult size omelets, and honestly, it is PLENTY of food. I really could have split my portion with someone else. I would assume that a kid's portion would still be plenty for a child. Although, I don't recall seeing a choice of size of omelet, adult vs child.

So excited :cheer2: just booked our first trip to POR for Thanksgiving week! Has anyone here experienced the resort at this time? I’ve read that sometimes busses are shared with POFQ but is that still the case during the busy times of the year???
Any tips on how to make this trip memorable?

We don't travel there during Thanksgiving, but if you'd like to add something to make trip memorable, I'd recommend a carriage ride at PORS. It's beautiful and affordable (we did it a couple of years ago and I think it was $45 for a half hour). We booked it for an evening carriage ride and it was gorgeous. The ride starts/finishes at PORS, but you can go over to POFQ if you like.

Hi! I'm planning a trip for October and am strongly considering POR. I'm looking at a King room. How can I make sure I'm not in a room way out in the mansions across the river?
My dream King room would be top floor, river view.
When we stayed at POR years ago we were out there and it was way too far.
Would it be wiser for me to book a queen room instead of King to get a river view top floor, since there are more rooms in that category?
Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Hi! I'm planning a trip for October and am strongly considering POR. I'm looking at a King room. How can I make sure I'm not in a room way out in the mansions across the river?
My dream King room would be top floor, river view.
When we stayed at POR years ago we were out there and it was way too far.
Would it be wiser for me to book a queen room instead of King to get a river view top floor, since there are more rooms in that category?
Thanks for your help!
Since a king room can be anywhere, you might want to book a river view queen room if that is most important to you. We have booked king rooms twice and asked to be in AB both times. The first king room had a nice pool view and was near the West Depot. The second king room was in building 14, which was a preferred building. Both king rooms were corner rooms, which were nice to have. But we really didn't spend much time looking out the window. So the location turned out to be more important than the view.

You're my hero of today! How incredible this would be...(I know it's just a request...but still!) Thank you.
We are also a family of 4 and booked a bounceback offer (choice of riverview room or royal room) and we went with riverview room. My plan is to request AB section, building 14 -we've been there a few times and have always had AB section. Love having the extra bed (our DD's are teens but tiny enough to sleep on the pull down murphy bed) Good luck getting your choice:-)

Although requests are never guaranteed, there are some great King Bed room locations. There are some in the Magnolia Bend mansion building that are absolutely prefect, they directly overlook the river and are right next to the bridge that leads via Ol' Man Island to the main building. There are also some King Bed rooms in buildings 14, 18 and 27 which are conveniently located, although most of them don't overlook the river. So rather than requesting just a building, I would suggest you request (by fax 3-5 days out) what you what - something like "convenient access to the main buildings, ideally building 85 directly overlooking the river (e.g. 8739, 8742, etc), or if those are not available buildings 14, 18 or 27".

Andre

Hi All!
I'm looking to stay at Riverside in 2021 (I like planning ahead!) I've been to Disney many times but have never stayed at this resort. I've stayed at quite a few resorts of the years, but most recently we have spent our family girls' trips at The Boardwalk. Well things are changing and the family is growing!
It will be the first trip my husband and I will be taking to Disney together and this resort fits our price range and I think he will like the feel of it.
I'm leaning towards requesting a Queen River-view. Can someone point me in the direction of a layout/map of the buildings?
Which buildings are closest to bus stops? How far is the walk from the furthest buildings? Anything else I should know?
What are the lengths of the bus rides to the parks? My favorite thing about the Boardwalk is walking into Epcot and boating/walking to MGM (I know I know MGM but I cant help it!)
How is the food?
What are your favorite things about Riverside? My grandparents always loved this resort because of how pretty it is and the boat ride to Disney Springs.
Thank you and I look forward to getting to know the in's and out's!

Hi All!
I'm looking to stay at Riverside in 2021 (I like planning ahead!) I've been to Disney many times but have never stayed at this resort. I've stayed at quite a few resorts of the years, but most recently we have spent our family girls' trips at The Boardwalk. Well things are changing and the family is growing!
It will be the first trip my husband and I will be taking to Disney together and this resort fits our price range and I think he will like the feel of it.
I'm leaning towards requesting a Queen River-view. Can someone point me in the direction of a layout/map of the buildings?
Which buildings are closest to bus stops? How far is the walk from the furthest buildings? Anything else I should know?
What are the lengths of the bus rides to the parks? My favorite thing about the Boardwalk is walking into Epcot and boating/walking to MGM (I know I know MGM but I cant help it!)
How is the food?
What are your favorite things about Riverside? My grandparents always loved this resort because of how pretty it is and the boat ride to Disney Springs.
Thank you and I look forward to getting to know the in's and out's!
You can find maps along with terrific information on the unofficial Port Orleans information website... www.portorleans.org

Although requests are never guaranteed, there are some great King Bed room locations. There are some in the Magnolia Bend mansion building that are absolutely prefect, they directly overlook the river and are right next to the bridge that leads via Ol' Man Island to the main building. There are also some King Bed rooms in buildings 14, 18 and 27 which are conveniently located, although most of them don't overlook the river. So rather than requesting just a building, I would suggest you request (by fax 3-5 days out) what you what - something like "convenient access to the main buildings, ideally building 85 directly overlooking the river (e.g. 8739, 8742, etc), or if those are not available buildings 14, 18 or 27".

Andre
Thank you for taking the time to reply, and for the particulars on building numbers. It's been about twenty years since I stayed here and I don't remember those details. I'm saving this note to request exactly what you wrote.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter