• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

We stayed here at PORS last year on Bounceback offer (had to book a preferred room to get the BB offer- we got building 15 and we really liked these rooms with the murphy bed as well as their location). This year we were at Pop and booked another bounceback for PORS (yay!) for next year. This time, we were required to book royal rooms or river view rooms. We chose river view rooms. I see that they are buildings 14, 27 and 38 (AB) as well as some mansions. We would really like 14 or 27- can we request these buildings or is there a 'river view preferred' category that we need to book/pay for? I know there is a 'river view' category and a 'preferred' category but is there a 'river view preferred' category? TIA

http://www.portorleans.org/room-locations.php

In short, River View trumps Preferred, but there's no "River View Preferred" category. The only combination category like this is "River View Royal"

If you want a river view in the preferred area, book a river view, and then request to be put in 14 or 27.

It has taken me a about a month to read thru this entire thread. First off, thank you to @andrewilley for maintaining this page and for answering the same questions over and over with patience (what is the order of bus depot pick-ups? Should I request AB or Mansions? Etc lol)
My DD13 and my bestie and her DD10 will be staying at POR in a garden view room from 11/10-14 of this year. We are only going to the MK for MVMCP, the rest of the time will be spent at the resort, DS, and we hope to squeeze in a trip over to the Boardwalk area since we are planning an April Epcot-only 2 night stay after a week on Anna Maria Island. We are all looking forward to our stay!

It has taken me a about a month to read thru this entire thread. First off, thank you to @andrewilley for maintaining this page and for answering the same questions over and over with patience (what is the order of bus depot pick-ups? Should I request AB or Mansions? Etc lol)
My DD13 and my bestie and her DD10 will be staying at POR in a garden view room from 11/10-14 of this year. We are only going to the MK for MVMCP, the rest of the time will be spent at the resort, DS, and we hope to squeeze in a trip over to the Boardwalk area since we are planning an April Epcot-only 2 night stay after a week on Anna Maria Island. We are all looking forward to our stay!

having just returned....it was West, North, East, South

ETA: Ooops, I see you weren't actually asking that, lol

We had to book a standard view room because it was the only category that our travel agent offered with their discount. We like the AB section so we will request that. Do those rooms hear a lot of noise from the parking lot or buses?

We had to book a standard view room because it was the only category that our travel agent offered with their discount. We like the AB section so we will request that. Do those rooms hear a lot of noise from the parking lot or buses?
We've stayed in parking lot facing rooms several times and I've never heard anything. The bus route is away from the parking lots so that shouldn't be an issue. Of course, I can sleep through just about anything, but my wife wakes at the drop of a hat and it hasn't bothered her either.

For those who have driven to POR on I-75 (coming from the North), did you take 429 to Western Way *or* did you take I-4?

This will be our 10th trip to WDW and our first time at POR. We've stayed at BC, YC, Poly, WL, and AKL and this is the first time the directions put us going through I-4. Just wondering.

In fact all of the mattresses at Port Orleans Riverside have been replaced over the past couple of months with new Sealy mattresses which have the extra quilted padded layer on the top. They are really comfortable. The replacement project cost over $1m by the way.

The project also benefited French Quarter incidentally, as the most recently-installed of the mattresses taken out from Riverside (there is normally a rolling program of mattress changes) were switched over to FQ to replace the oldest ones over there.

Andre

We have been debating about switching our POR reservation to a POFQ reservation due to the resort's smaller size, but my DH is all about having a comfortable bed when he is in a hotel. The new Sealy mattresses are making POR sound like the better option for us. Thanks for sharing.

For those who have driven to POR on I-75 (coming from the North), did you take 429 to Western Way *or* did you take I-4?

This will be our 10th trip to WDW and our first time at POR. We've stayed at BC, YC, Poly, WL, and AKL and this is the first time the directions put us going through I-4. Just wondering.

We always drive down on I-75. We take 429 to Western Way or Winter Garden Vineland Rd. The latter will take you to POR the back way.

Has anyone had success requesting a specific room number? I am booked in a preferred room so I know what buildings are included.

Where at in Disney Sorings does the ferry from por drop you off?
The dock is behind the Rainforest Cafe & join the walkway from SSR. You walk into DS at the area with Christmas store and the Disney art store.The POR and POFQ boats dock there

My husband and I are interested in doing a carriage ride. Do we need to make a reservation for that ahead of time?

Wondering if anyone has had to do this before-we struggled to find a room for early Nov-anyway we are there Nov 3-8. I was able to get a garden view from nov 5-8 and then nov 3. Today I got it also for sat nov 4. I did try to do it from nov 3-8 again but no rooms came up. It seems sometimes it works better looking for individual dates. All 5 nights will be in a garden view room-but I have 3 separate reservations. Do I call to see if Disney can link them all the together or just leave it and hope we don't have to switch rooms 3 diff times. Last year we had two separate reservations at cbr-we didn't have to switch rooms but we did have problems with the magic bands on the day we were supposed to check out in the middle of the trip. Just wondering if anyone else has gone through this and what u have done.

Can anyone offer insight on the Christmas season at POR? Are there special activities/character meets scheduled for Christmas Eve/Day? We have never toured POR over the holidays, but the photos look very pretty and we are considering it for a future stay. TIA.

Hi everyone, I have a question (Will be at POR 10/16-10/21).

Regarding Uber & Lyft...

I am most likely going to take either of these ride services up to universal for an afternoon. I've seen lots of comments on this thread regarding uber & lyft working great, however where do they actually pick up riders at riverside? Can they (uber & lyft drivers) get past the security gate(s) and get to the room buildings or are they pretty much locked down to picking up riders at the main building / lobby area?

Also, any word on the minnie vans being greenlit for port orleans or any or the other resorts? I know they're pricey but I'd be MORE than willing to pay for that service after fireworks at MK...

Thank you very much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter