Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

I really need to amp up my research. We have a pool view room for our trip in October. My fiance has a heart condition, so a room closer to a bus stop is important. Work has been so crazed that I really haven't been looking into this enough.

Send them a fax 3-5 days before you arrive explaining what you need. There are a few Pool View rooms in building 18 which would suit you well, but some of the others while possibly being close to one of the outlying bus stops could be a bit of a walk from the main building.

Andre

Send them a fax 3-5 days before you arrive explaining what you need. There are a few Pool View rooms in building 18 which would suit you well, but some of the others while possibly being close to one of the outlying bus stops could be a bit of a walk from the main building.

Andre

You're always so helpful, Andre. Thank you!

Request what you want - close to food court - rather than a building. (And actually, there's a lot more river view rooms in Acadian than in Magnolia.)

Interesting! Now that I look at it, it does seem like it would have more river views, but it is also the furthest from any bridges

You could, but you could also request Alligator Bayou #14 which is right next to the food court. Best to let them know why you are requesting it though, as they might otherwise think you prefer AB over the mansions and if 14 is not available look at AB #38 instead of an otherwise-perfect room in Magnolia.

Andre

Thank you. It's in June so I'm assuming most have booked up the preferred rooms already so they wouldn't put me there.

Andre
We kind of have a similar issue for our trip in December (My husband has mobility issues, but HATES the scooters with a passion. The hike from the bus stop to our room at Coronado Springs required a rest stop). I don't suppose you'd know the fax number for POR?

Thank you. It's in June so I'm assuming most have booked up the preferred rooms already so they wouldn't put me there.

Andre, hit me if I'm wrong, but aren't the river view rooms classified as River View, regardless of location (except The Royal Mansions, which are classified as Royal River View)?

If I'm remembering right, that would mean that there are 16 rooms (8 on each floor) that are actually booked at the River View category, and not the Preferred category, though they're in a preferred building.

So I was watching today's DIS Unplugged podcast:

And they talk about pirate rooms at POR (skip to 5:00 on the video). What are they talking about, or are they misremembering information?

So I was watching today's DIS Unplugged podcast:

And they talk about pirate rooms at POR (skip to 5:00 on the video). What are they talking about, or are they misremembering information?
They made a mistake. Pirate rooms are at CBR . The Royal Rooms are in 2 of the 4 mansion buildings at POR.

Hi all! We booked our Thanksgiving stay at POR just yesterday! It's our first 'extended' family trip with our family of 5 and one set of Grandparents! We can't wait! We did visit POR last summer to eat at the QS restaurant, but otherwise have never been. Can't wait!

You could start with the one I have on my site if you wish: http://www.portorleans.org/scavenger-hunt.php . There's also a Word Search if you want to try it: http://www.portorleans.org/wordsearch.php

Andre
THANK YOU!!! This ROCKS! It's the perfect start! I am going to print the pictures and type out your hints next to them as the clues (the ages of my kids are only 9,6, and 3 so they'll need the extra hints). I can just add in a few tasks like eating a specific treat (any suggestions?), buying something in the store and dipping their feet in the pool and it'll be done! Your site is AMAZING! What a fantastic resource! :thanks:

Andre, hit me if I'm wrong, but aren't the river view rooms classified as River View, regardless of location.

Correct, the sixteen rooms in building 14 that overlook the river are sold and allocated as RIVER VIEW category bookings, not to Preferred Location booking guests. Thusly:

Floorplan-POR-AlligatorBayou-14.png

Andre

They made a mistake. Pirate rooms are at CBR . The Royal Rooms are in 2 of the 4 mansion buildings at POR.

Got it! He confused the heck out of me!

Also, another question about this podcast, and actually that host in the podcast. He mentions, a lot, that he despises Boatwrights. Is it really that bad, or does he just not like Louisianan cuisine? He does seem to like the food at AKL.

I really need to amp up my research. We have a pool view room for our trip in October. My fiance has a heart condition, so a room closer to a bus stop is important. Work has been so crazed that I really haven't been looking into this enough.
If you have a pool view in Magnolia Terrace you'll be pretty close to the bus depot behind Magnolia, and also close to the Old Man Island foot bridge and food/pub/resort shop & lobby. Pretty central location IMO.

Also, another question about this podcast, and actually that host in the podcast. He mentions, a lot, that he despises Boatwrights.

Everyone is entitled to express their option, and that particular host especially so... ;)

To be honest, I've generally heard very few negative comments about Boatwright's, and we've always been happy with the food when we've eaten there. Others in this thread have commented that it is a bit of an underrated hidden gem at Disney World. However everyone's tastes and opinions vary, and everywhere can have an off day, and there are lots of other choices at WDW if you feel nervous about eating there based on that one particular podcast comment.

Andre

:thanks: I am very grateful for any pictures you might be taking! I hope you are having an amazingly magical time right now!
All my pictures are too big for upload to this site and I don't know how to reduce their upload size.
Any help???

Everyone is entitled to express their option, and that particular host especially so... ;)

To be honest, I've generally heard very few negative comments about Boatwright's, and we've always been happy with the food when we've eaten there. Others in this thread have commented that it is a bit of an underrated hidden gem at Disney World. However everyone's tastes and opinions vary, and everywhere can have an off day, and there are lots of other choices at WDW if you feel nervous about eating there based on that one particular podcast comment.

Andre

One of the reasons that I asked is the same reason you're alluding to: it's just one person. He's entitled to his opinion, and his series of podcasts are pretty much just that, opinions.

I didn't know if it was how people feel in general, or if it's just him. I don't have a problem going into a place and forming my own opinion.

Got it! He confused the heck out of me!

Also, another question about this podcast, and actually that host in the podcast. He mentions, a lot, that he despises Boatwrights. Is it really that bad, or does he just not like Louisianan cuisine? He does seem to like the food at AKL.
Throwing in as another fan of Boatwrights. When we had DDP at POR, we'd always use a TS there, and it was SO nice to be able to have a good meal (and I really DO like the food a lot), then walk back to the room.

Hi all! We booked our Thanksgiving stay at POR just yesterday! We did visit POR last summer to eat at the QS restaurant, but otherwise have never been. Can't wait!

Same here, we visited the food court last year and walked around the Alligator Bayou section a bit, but didn't see the Mansion section at all which is where we'll be in (Royal Room).

We got our little booklet from WDW and on the first page it mentions how we will be "royal guests" (as we're staying in a Royal Room) and now DD thinks we are "special guests". Every time she tells someone we're going to WDW she's like "We're going to be Royal Guests!", like that's an actual thing. I hope she's not too disappointed, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter