Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

We are booked for a royal room, standard view. Royal rooms are limited to two buildings located close to the main building

Actually Royal Rooms could be in one of the furthest buildings from the central area, Parterre Place, and standard view rooms there could face the parking lot at the very edge of the resort (right next to the perimeter road across from French Quarter). Royal Pool View Rooms are all quite nicely located though.

Andre

hi everyone. Booking our first vacation to Disney for early November and staying at POR

My question is- is it worth the upgrade for a garden or preferred room? It will be me wife and a 8 and 6 year old

Thanks
I'm actually looking at downgrading. I have preferred but for around $350 less I can stay standard/garden.
The huge plus is of course being closer to everything and a guaranteed location, four buildings vs seven +

We don't spent a lot of time in the room but when we do we like to hit the soda machine and nothing drives me nuts more then getting a refill and it's gone before you get back to the room lol

Anyway, tonight I made a dining res at TRex the kids wanted to go eat at as well as linked our flights. Next step figure out a "special" thing for a bday meal or something and buy tickets.

Worth it is always a subjective question. Some will always say yes, others no. The best we can do is describe the advantages of the upgrade for you to work with.

A standard view will give you the parking lot out your window. Will the headlights/cars driving bother you? On the first floor, you may get more people able to look in your window.

Garden view will give you looking at the landscaping outside your window, and, especially on the first floor, give you more a sense of immersion and privacy, than a standard view.

Preferred room will give you rooms in the buildings closest to the main building (food court, guest services, and first bus stop). There are 4 bus stops, and any category could give you a room near a bus stop. All preferred rooms are in alligator bayou.

I suggest you look at www.portorleans.org and look at the maps to see what buildings are considered preferred. It is possible to get a parking lot view in a preferred room.

Exactly. It depends on what you think is a priority. I actually do spend a lot of time in my room. I look at the room a part of my vacation. I am also injured, and I'm never sure how much walking I can do. Being under a minute from food and buses, is huge for me. I have stayed in royal, garden view, and preferred and I like them all. For me right now, I need preferred. It's well worth it.

Actually Royal Rooms could be in one of the furthest buildings from the central area, Parterre Place, and standard view rooms there could face the parking lot at the very edge of the resort (right next to the perimeter road across from French Quarter). Royal Pool View Rooms are all quite nicely located though.

Andre
Eh, doesn't really matter for us as we will probably not do anything at the hotel except sleep. We normally stay deluxe and go back to the resort each afternoon for a break but rates for deluxe over college spring break are getting nuts. Plus we were just at WDW the beginning of this month.

For us a view is worth it, we are in for our vacation and want to disconnect as much as possible and not having a parking lot view is important. Also we do keep our curtains open while inside the room durong the day. We have loved having the corner room with more natural light coming in, so we always request it.

I see they list all rooms to be approx 8 mins or less to the main building however they also list CBR furthest rooms as 9 which doesn't seem right to me
Tia

8 minutes or less sounds about right to me. The maximum distance from any mansion building room to the food court is 500 yards, a bit longer at 585 yards from the furthest Alligator Bayou rooms. That's about 7 minutes at a decent walking pace. Google Earth's path measuring tool is great for that sort of thing, or see http://www.portorleans.org/faqs.php#Size for some other walking distances.

Andre

I have literally spent many hours over the last few weeks reading this thread from start to end! I have also spent lots of time on Andre's awesome website!! My hubby and I are booked GV at POR in June for my 40th birthday!! I cannot believe that I will be at WDW on my actual birthday this year! A dream come true. When I called to book a few weeks ago, the CM said that "Mickey and Minnie would have something special in my room for my birthday." I wonder what the might be!? Is it wishful thinking that it might be a clue for an upgrade!? We are hoping for Magnolia building, in the GV rooms 2nd floor 8752-8756 would be my preference. I am hoping to be near those with my room request.

The day we arrive, I already have tickets for La Nouba (going to either give my hubby the tickets for Valentine's Day, or his birthday, which is 2 days before we arrive. I got us seats in the "Golden Circle," which are supposed to be the "best seats in the house." I did see La Nouba in 2015 when I went with my DD's school chorus/band trip, but my hubby has not seen La Nouba - although, we have seen 2 other Cirque du Soleil shows (Zarkana and Paramour - both in NYC). I am so excited to take him to La Nouba! Also hoping that we will be able to make it back to POR afterwards to see Yeeha Bob, as that Saturday night is our only chance during our stay!

I stayed at POFQ back in 2014 on a solo trip, and got off the bus at POR once and walked back to FQ, so I have at least seen part of the grounds, but I am so excited for our 4-night, adult-only trip!!

Can anyone confirm that the Super Bowl will be showing in the bar?
I checked that Yeehaw Bob isn't on but if it's not on at the resort DH will have to skip our ADR that night and go find himself somewhere to watch it ... not exactly what I had in mind for our first day of vacation, but he's been a life long Falcons fan so I'll suck-it-up !!

I have literally spent many hours over the last few weeks reading this thread from start to end! I have also spent lots of time on Andre's awesome website!! My hubby and I are booked GV at POR in June for my 40th birthday!! I cannot believe that I will be at WDW on my actual birthday this year! A dream come true. When I called to book a few weeks ago, the CM said that "Mickey and Minnie would have something special in my room for my birthday." I wonder what the might be!? Is it wishful thinking that it might be a clue for an upgrade!? We are hoping for Magnolia building, in the GV rooms 2nd floor 8752-8756 would be my preference. I am hoping to be near those with my room request.

The day we arrive, I already have tickets for La Nouba (going to either give my hubby the tickets for Valentine's Day, or his birthday, which is 2 days before we arrive. I got us seats in the "Golden Circle," which are supposed to be the "best seats in the house." I did see La Nouba in 2015 when I went with my DD's school chorus/band trip, but my hubby has not seen La Nouba - although, we have seen 2 other Cirque du Soleil shows (Zarkana and Paramour - both in NYC). I am so excited to take him to La Nouba! Also hoping that we will be able to make it back to POR afterwards to see Yeeha Bob, as that Saturday night is our only chance during our stay!

I stayed at POFQ back in 2014 on a solo trip, and got off the bus at POR once and walked back to FQ, so I have at least seen part of the grounds, but I am so excited for our 4-night, adult-only trip!!

Happy Early Birthday! I am sure you will have a great trip!! POR is fantastic and the boat ride to Disney Springs is wonderful! Enjoy your trip!

Can anyone confirm that the Super Bowl will be showing in the bar?
I checked that Yeehaw Bob isn't on but if it's not on at the resort DH will have to skip our ADR that night and go find himself somewhere to watch it ... not exactly what I had in mind for our first day of vacation, but he's been a life long Falcons fan so I'll suck-it-up !!
We haven't been during the Super Bowl but we have watched Sunday night regular season football games in the POR lounge.I would be stunned if they didn't have it on the tvs. Weather permitting it might even be on a the pool bar.

We haven't been during the Super Bowl but we have watched Sunday night regular season football games in the POR lounge.I would be stunned if they didn't have it on the tvs. Weather permitting it might even be on a the pool bar.

Thank you! Falcons couldn't have made it to the SB the other 14 years that we've been together could they??? Noooooo, they had to wait until we're in DW!!
Now DH is all over excited about who might be in the 'parade' at MK :rolleyes2. He checks it every year so I guess we'll lose him for a little while for that too if it's a Falcon player!

I know this sounds crazy, but I just realized we will be at Disney, staying at the same resort we stayed at during our honeymoon! Oh I think I need to plan something special!

This trip is a celebration for my daughters graduation so I didn't catch on to what days we were going. Plus she picked the resort!

Thank you! Falcons couldn't have made it to the SB the other 14 years that we've been together could they??? Noooooo, they had to wait until we're in DW!!
Now DH is all over excited about who might be in the 'parade' at MK :rolleyes2. He checks it every year so I guess we'll lose him for a little while for that too if it's a Falcon player!
Oh don't worry....A Patriots Player will be in the parade. :P
We are not huge sports fans but we are WDW addicts and it's cool we will be there Superbowl Sunday and our NE team playing.
I'm not sure where we will be during the game. Haven't discussed that yet. I saw the article written about where the good places to watch the game will be. Some already sold out. I'm a people watcher. this will be interesting.
See you there!

Random question...anyone know if I can request a blender for our room? My wife claims "most" hotels can provide you with a blender...but seems like a bit of an oddball request outside of suites. She wants one for making protein shakes in the morning...we have a small single serving size one we could shove in our checked luggage, but would prefer not to worry about it if we don't have to.

We are not huge sports fans but we are WDW addicts and it's cool we will be there Superbowl Sunday and our NE team playing.
I'm not sure where we will be during the game. Haven't discussed that yet. I saw the article written about where the good places to watch the game will be. Some already sold out. I'm a people watcher. this will be interesting.
See you there!

Is there anyway of knowing any details of the parade ahead of time? From a thread on the main board sounded like the parade is "usually" Monday but not always the case. Is there a typical time? We'll be at MK that Tuesday. I'd consider checking it out if it fits into our schedule without too much hassle, although I wouldn't go out of my way either. Just kind of curious if there's any sort of general plan Disney banks on ahead of time.

See you there!
My understanding is the players in the super bowl don't participate in the pro bowl so my guess is the falcons and patriots won't be in Orlando. Just a guess though!

My understanding is the players in the super bowl don't participate in the pro bowl so my guess is the falcons and patriots won't be in Orlando. Just a guess though!

The parade (or car with the Super Bowl MVP in it!) is a regular event the Monday after the Super Bowl, not the pro bowl, at DW or DL depending on where the game is played

The parade (or car with the Super Bowl MVP in it!) is a regular event the Monday after the Super Bowl, not the pro bowl, at DW or DL depending on where the game is played
Sometimes it not even the MVP . Last year Peyton Manning was in the parade but I forget if it was WDW or DL. However later this week there is going to be some Pro Bowl players in a parade in the MK. It will be before the Pro Bowl. The Pro Bowl was moved to Orlando this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter