Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Has anyone put a short adult on the Murphy bed? I'm 5'2". Would I be too tall?
I slept in the Murphy bed at BWVs for several nights last month....I'm 5'8". I slept really great!

I will be booking our next trip to Riverside in the next couple of days. We stayed last year in a river view room, bldg 14 and we absolutely loved it! I am contemplating a river view royal room. It is a bit pricier over the course of 8 nights. So I am just going back and forth between a regular river view room, and a river view royal room. We LOVED our location at bldg 14, however I know that if I book a river view again, there is no guarantee I will once again be in bldg 14. We didn't walk the path to the other 2 bldg that offer the river view room. How far of a walk to the main bldg is it from those bldgs? It seems that it would be maybe a 5 minute walk to the main bldg from the river view royal rooms?

Any input is greatly appreciated :) Thank you!
We had a river view royal room last May. It was in Parterre Place. Second floor. If I remember correctly, it was about 5 mins to the main bkdg at a pretty leisurely pace. Not nearly as quick as our stay in bldg 14! But, it sure was pretty at Parterre Place.

I will be booking our next trip to Riverside in the next couple of days. We stayed last year in a river view room, bldg 14 and we absolutely loved it! I am contemplating a river view royal room. It is a bit pricier over the course of 8 nights. So I am just going back and forth between a regular river view room, and a river view royal room. We LOVED our location at bldg 14, however I know that if I book a river view again, there is no guarantee I will once again be in bldg 14. We didn't walk the path to the other 2 bldg that offer the river view room. How far of a walk to the main bldg is it from those bldgs? It seems that it would be maybe a 5 minute walk to the main bldg from the river view royal rooms?

Any input is greatly appreciated :) Thank you!

Man! You hit the jackpot. That's like my dream location! It's not too too far, but I do love the preferred location.

If anyone is at Riverside at the moment, could you maybe do me a favor and get some quick snaps of the breakfast-time menu screens in the food court? Just a camera-phone snap of each of the screens (some have a couple of pages) above the various serving counters, enough to read all the text, would be great. Someone told me some items have been removed, but they didn't have time to take any pictures. Just send them via the simple Dropbox link on the site, https://www.dropbox.com/request/p2r7CU2bYsNnnIazAeAM, if you can. Thanks!

Andre

We will be at POR the last week of March. We were thinking about walking over to POFQ for dinner one night. I was thinking my kids might like to swim before dinner. Would we be allowed to use their pool? I know pool hopping isn't allowed but I thought I read somewhere that they are "sister" resorts and we can use facilities at either resort. TIA!

We will be at POR the last week of March. We were thinking about walking over to POFQ for dinner one night. I was thinking my kids might like to swim before dinner. Would we be allowed to use their pool? I know pool hopping isn't allowed but I thought I read somewhere that they are "sister" resorts and we can use facilities at either resort. TIA!
YES! It is true that POR and POFQ guests are welcome to use the pools at BOTH resorts. Enjoy!

If anyone is at Riverside at the moment, could you maybe do me a favor and get some quick snaps of the breakfast-time menu screens in the food court? Just a camera-phone snap of each of the screens (some have a couple of pages) above the various serving counters, enough to read all the text, would be great. Someone told me some items have been removed, but they didn't have time to take any pictures. Just send them via the simple Dropbox link on the site, https://www.dropbox.com/request/p2r7CU2bYsNnnIazAeAM, if you can. Thanks!

Andre
I arrive Monday evening and can send them Tuesday if you haven't received pics by then.

We're traveling to the World in June - June 8-16 to be exact. I've changed my resort reservation a few times and have "finally" landed at POR Pool View. We really want AB because we really are hoping for the Murphy bed and having grown up in North Florida, I just love the landscaping there - feels like home!

Do we have a pretty good chance of getting AB by having a Pool View and requesting AB, near food court? I ask because it seems it wouldn't cost a whole lost more to pay rack rate and get Preferred, rather than the rate we're getting with the Spring deal ending on the 11th.

It wouldn't be the end of the world for me if we we end up in the Mansions, but my 10 year old son would love it if he did not have to sleep with his 13 year old sister. We normally stay off site so they can have their own bed.

We also normally stay off site, because my husband hates Disney transportation, so this is my chance to make them love staying on site! Hope for AB anywhere with a rental car or go Preferred and hope for good bus service?

Thoughts?

I would go preffered. There's no balcony anyhow so the view mever matters to me unless I'm at a deluxe.
I'm staying preffered in July and still renting a car. Like the flexibility of it.

I would go preffered. There's no balcony anyhow so the view mever matters to me unless I'm at a deluxe.
I'm staying preffered in July and still renting a car. Like the flexibility of it.

That is probably the best solution for us. Everyone will be happy! Kids close to the pool, close to the Lobby/Food Court/Pool, car if we decide we need it. I kind of think we do need it. Our flight home is an early one and I'm not sure we are prepared for the hour we would have to board MDE that morning. I think I'd much rather have our own transport for that. The thought of having a long walk to MDE on that last morning is no good either. Preferred it is!

I just want to say that I am here now and this place is beautiful! We have some down time to kill before our reservation at Jiko and jumped on the Internet for a bit. The theming here is wonderful and the construction is not intrusive whatsoever. We are in the alligator bayou section, WAY in the back, building 36. We don't find the walk very long to the main building and we are pretty much as far away as it gets. In fact, even though we have a rental car, I'm making my husband park at the main building so we can walk to and from the room from there since it' so pretty. AMAZING!!! Boatwright's has some great food too.

Last edited:

Andre

The items have changed, however I don't think the menus have updated to reflect the changes. I will take a picture tomorrow morning to make sure. I know this because I asked for the "breakfast sandwich" that's on the menu at the omelet station, and she told me they don't have a breakfast sandwich anymore, and that the menus have changed but they aren't updated. LOVING the create your own oatmeal and yogurt parfait station. Not sure if that's new.

We're traveling to the World in June - June 8-16 to be exact. I've changed my resort reservation a few times and have "finally" landed at POR Pool View. We really want AB because we really are hoping for the Murphy bed and having grown up in North Florida, I just love the landscaping there - feels like home!

Do we have a pretty good chance of getting AB by having a Pool View and requesting AB, near food court? I ask because it seems it wouldn't cost a whole lost more to pay rack rate and get Preferred, rather than the rate we're getting with the Spring deal ending on the 11th.

It wouldn't be the end of the world for me if we we end up in the Mansions, but my 10 year old son would love it if he did not have to sleep with his 13 year old sister. We normally stay off site so they can have their own bed.

We also normally stay off site, because my husband hates Disney transportation, so this is my chance to make them love staying on site! Hope for AB anywhere with a rental car or go Preferred and hope for good bus service?

Thoughts?
I'd get preferred to guarantee the Murphy bed. It's more important that your kids have their own beds than having a pool view through closed drapes and no balcony.

I just want to say that I am here now and this place is beautiful! We have some down time to kill before our reservation at Jiko and jumped on the Internet for a bit. The theming here is wonderful and the construction is not intrusive whatsoever. We are in the alligator bayou section, WAY in the back, building 36. We don't find the walk very long to the main building and we are pretty much as far away as it gets. In fact, even though we have a rental car, I'm making my husband park at the main building so we can walk to and from the room from there since it' so pretty. AMAZING!!! Boatwright's has some great food too.

I love to hear this! I can envision my 8 year old self down at the river catching pockets full of baby frogs already! Seriously, love that landscaping. Glad to hear the walk is not too far, even in 36.

I love to hear this! I can envision my 8 year old self down at the river catching pockets full of baby frogs already! Seriously, love that landscaping. Glad to hear the walk is not too far, even in 36.

*sigh* I just left and I already miss it.

Wouldn't it be great to just call that place home.

Do we have a pretty good chance of getting AB by having a Pool View and requesting AB, near food court?

There are only 6 Pool View rooms within AB that fit your request, all of them in building 18. If they managed to assign you to one of those, you'll be fine. Of course that may not be possible, whereas changing your booking to Preferred would guarantee you a room in 14, 15, 18 or 27 (but with just a standard or garden style view).

The items have changed, however I don't think the menus have updated to reflect the changes. I will take a picture tomorrow morning to make sure.

Thanks, a friend who was there on Monday morning implied that the menu screens had altered too, but maybe he found out by ordering or looking at the counters? His message said "Looks like changes to breakfast menu at POR. Only item at pizza shop was biscuits and gravy, no more sandwiches. Checked other stations, no sandwich either. Very limited choices all the way around." If you could get some photos of the menus in the morning, or the counter contents, and ask them if anything else has changed that's not on the screens yet, that would be great! (you can send send via the public dropbox link). It's very rare for them to reduce the offerings without updating the menu boards at the same time.

Checking in on Friday. Any construction updates?

www.portorleans.org/rehab.php for info and photos. The Ol' man Island pool area should hopefully be reopening over the weekend (could even be as early as Friday).

Andre

There are only 6 Pool View rooms within AB that fit your request, all of them in building 18. If they managed to assign you to one of those, you'll be fine. Of course that may not be possible, whereas changing your booking to Preferred would guarantee you a room in 14, 15, 18 or 27 (but with just a standard or garden style view).

Andre

Thanks, Andre. Those odds aren't so great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter