Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

We are booked at POR on a magical deal in April and I'm wondering how my family I'll deal with not being at BC. Did you find the A/C to be noisy? Also, is the only clothing storage the hanging rod in the sink area?
We thought POR was a very nice resort. We'll be back at POR in June with extended family. :)

The first night in the room the blower on the AC was really loud, then we figured out how to work the thermostat, which made it better. It was noisier than the AC in the BC but not too bad.

If you get a room in Alligator Bayou then there will be drawers underneath the Murphy bed. And there is room in the nght stands to put items. And then there are some shelves under the coffee maker. We stacked our clothes on the shelf above the hanging rod.

Have a great trip!
Mary
Thanks. And I hope you enjoy POR. :)

We leave for POR the end of March. I booked a royal suite room standard. I figured the two little ones won't care that much about the view...hopefully.

My concern is how much preplanning of dining should we do?

If there's somewhere you really want to eat I would go online right away to make your dining reservations. Don't leave it for last minute or you will be disappointed!
Have a great trip!!

We're checking in at Port Orleans Riverside on March 1 and we received an email that Old Man Island would be closed. Is that old news? It also looks like the French Quarter main pool is closed now. Kind of interesting timing.

We're checking in at Port Orleans Riverside on March 1 and we received an email that Old Man Island would be closed. Is that old news?

The bridge to Ol' Man Island is closed until Feb. 27th which is somewhat new. The main pool at POR closing for rehab work is kinda old news.

It also looks like the French Quarter main pool is closed now. Kind of interesting timing.

They are adding a Children's Interactive Water Area at French Quarter but the main pool is not affected. For more details check out this link. http://www.portorleans.org/rehab.php

Are the carriage rides worth the $37, its not much money but i can find very little info on them . We will be arriving in April for our 1st stay on Disney property

Are the carriage rides worth the $37, its not much money but i can find very little info on them . We will be arriving in April for our 1st stay on Disney property

We've done the Carriage Ride a couple times and thoroughly enjoyed them. Here's some more info from Andre's awesome site http://www.portorleans.org/

Horse-drawn Carriage Rides

Evening Carriage Ride at Port Orleans Riverside

Take a relaxing, old-fashioned horse & carriage ride through the beautiful and serene woodlands and pathways of the Port Orleans resorts. Your private ride commences at the Port Orleans Riverside marina dockside (just behind the lobby building) and takes you on a slow and romantic journey along the banks of the Sassagoula River to Port Orleans French Quarter, where you will turn around in its quaint New Orleans-style streets for your return journey back to Riverside.

The cost is $45 including tax for the 25-minute ride and the carriage can hold up to four adults, or three adults and two small children (children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult). You should arrive at the marina area no later than 15 minutes before your scheduled departure time and wait for the carriage to collect you. The service may be cancelled in cases of inclement weather.

• Departures are every 30 minutes during scheduled operating hours, which are normally 6pm — 9:30pm. There is usually a short rest break for the horses at 7:30pm so that time slot will probably not be available.
  • Reservations are recommended and can be made up to 180 days in advance on 1-407-WDW-PLAY (1-407-939-7529). A credit card is required to confirm but this will only be charged for no-shows or cancellations at less than 24-hours notice.
  • Guests wishing to check on same-day availability may call 1-407-824-2832, and walk-up guests will be accepted at the departure location if there is no pre-booked reservation for that time slot.
  • Final payment should be made directly to the carriage driver in cash. Credit Cards are not accepted, but you may charge the ride directly to your room.
  • Due to the nature of the carriages they are not wheelchair accessible. Guests must be able to exit from wheelchairs and step up into the ca

We love the carriage ride. We toured POFQ on our ride. If you're lucky enough to have Lori the trip will be amazing. She has done them forever & knows so much about the resorts & WDW in general. We look her up each time we stay there.

I requested Alligator Bayou for the two of us and we received it. We booked a king room and I requested a corner room. We ended up with a pool view and it was lovely. :) Although, my husband kept the blinds shut because he didn't like people to be able to see into the room, so I don't know how valuable a view at a moderate really is. People walking past your room in a deluxe resort can't see in unless you are on the ground floor, whereas with the exterior doors people can see in the windows on any floor.
Did you make your request at the time of booking, or when checking in? I'm new to all this.
Thank you!

Did you make your request at the time of booking, or when checking in? I'm new to all this.
Thank you!
I did both. I called in to request Alligator Bayou and close to the lobby. I added the request for corner room and second floor when I did online check in. :)

Staying in a preferred room at POR. Anyone stayed there and have a specific building they preferred?

We love the carriage ride. We toured POFQ on our ride. If you're lucky enough to have Lori the trip will be amazing. She has done them forever & knows so much about the resorts & WDW in general. We look her up each time we stay there.

Is it expected to tip the carriage driver, and if so, how much is reasonable?

wooooo.....we leave for POR in 9 days. I have a small dilemma. So obviously after being on here, I understand the process of sending a fax 5 days out to request certain rooms/areas/buildings. I checked in with my TA yesterday to make sure everything is squared away and mentioned that I was going to send a fax to request a certain location. She responded by saying, "don't bother. That's been taken care of." I have never really told her WHERE we want to be, just that we want to be in rooms that are close together (two parties going). I can't decide if I should trust my TA on this or if I should go ahead and send the fax.

wooooo.....we leave for POR in 9 days. I have a small dilemma. So obviously after being on here, I understand the process of sending a fax 5 days out to request certain rooms/areas/buildings. I checked in with my TA yesterday to make sure everything is squared away and mentioned that I was going to send a fax to request a certain location. She responded by saying, "don't bother. That's been taken care of." I have never really told her WHERE we want to be, just that we want to be in rooms that are close together (two parties going). I can't decide if I should trust my TA on this or if I should go ahead and send the fax.

My personal opinion, I would just still send a fax in case. But that might be the control freak in me....:headache:

The squeaky wheel gets the grease! I'd send the fax.

We've done the Carriage Ride a couple times and thoroughly enjoyed them. Here's some more info from Andre's awesome site http://www.portorleans.org/

Horse-drawn Carriage Rides

Evening Carriage Ride at Port Orleans Riverside

Take a relaxing, old-fashioned horse & carriage ride through the beautiful and serene woodlands and pathways of the Port Orleans resorts. Your private ride commences at the Port Orleans Riverside marina dockside (just behind the lobby building) and takes you on a slow and romantic journey along the banks of the Sassagoula River to Port Orleans French Quarter, where you will turn around in its quaint New Orleans-style streets for your return journey back to Riverside.

The cost is $45 including tax for the 25-minute ride and the carriage can hold up to four adults, or three adults and two small children (children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult). You should arrive at the marina area no later than 15 minutes before your scheduled departure time and wait for the carriage to collect you. The service may be cancelled in cases of inclement weather.

• Departures are every 30 minutes during scheduled operating hours, which are normally 6pm — 9:30pm. There is usually a short rest break for the horses at 7:30pm so that time slot will probably not be available.
  • Reservations are recommended and can be made up to 180 days in advance on 1-407-WDW-PLAY (1-407-939-7529). A credit card is required to confirm but this will only be charged for no-shows or cancellations at less than 24-hours notice.
  • Guests wishing to check on same-day availability may call 1-407-824-2832, and walk-up guests will be accepted at the departure location if there is no pre-booked reservation for that time slot.
  • Final payment should be made directly to the carriage driver in cash. Credit Cards are not accepted, but you may charge the ride directly to your room.
  • Due to the nature of the carriages they are not wheelchair accessible. Guests must be able to exit from wheelchairs and step up into the ca
Love this thorough reply!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter