Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

I've just done some layout tweaks to make my portorleans.org site hopefully render a little better on mobile devices, with less stuff overflow page widths, etc. I've still got to create a new pop-out menu system for mobile devices, so I'm aware that the menu currently still overflows. Also I know that panoramas don't work on some mobile devices due to problems with Flash images on certain platforms; one day I'll recode these into HTML5, but it's quite a bit of work.

Any general feedback would be appreciated, especially from iPhone/iPad users please as I can't test those myself. Existing desktop browser views should not have been affected at all.

Andre

im sure someone will go in more detail but a quick scan with my iphone and the site looks good and to read updates and stuff flows nicely on hte phone without having to scroll over etc.

Hi we are coming to POR in April from England for our first family Florida holiday. We have booked a standard view room only. Can we contact Disney and pay a supplement for a garden view or river view room? If so, who do I contact and do you know how much it would cost to do this?

Thanks.

Hi Andre,
The site looks good on my iPad (except the flash player, of course).
Thanks for your work on it!
Brenda
91 days!!

Hi we are coming to POR in April from England for our first family Florida holiday. We have booked a standard view room only. Can we contact Disney and pay a supplement for a garden view or river view room? If so, who do I contact and do you know how much it would cost to do this?

I assume you booked with UK agents - e.g. Virgin, or a high street travel agents, or the Walt Disney Travel Company in the UK. If so, your booking is with them, so Walt Disney World won't be able to upgrade your room category in advance, only the agents that you booked through can do that.

However there is nothing to stop you adding a location request, and then when you get there (or perhaps a few days beforehand by fax) asking the resort staff if they could look to see if a late upgrade might be possible, saying that it was not possible for your UK travel agent to do it for you. Offer to pay any differences in cost of course, but I rather doubt they will actually charge you anything if they are able to do it.

http://www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php might help you too.

Andre

I am making my ADRs Monday morning and was just on MDE and noticed that the Riverside Mill Food Court is now listed as Table Service instead of Quick Service? Is that right or just a glitch?

I am making my ADRs Monday morning and was just on MDE and noticed that the Riverside Mill Food Court is now listed as Table Service instead of Quick Service? Is that right or just a glitch?

Prob a glitch! Boatwrights is the TS.

I assume you booked with UK agents - e.g. Virgin, or a high street travel agents, or the Walt Disney Travel Company in the UK. If so, your booking is with them, so Walt Disney World won't be able to upgrade your room category in advance, only the agents that you booked through can do that.

However there is nothing to stop you adding a location request, and then when you get there (or perhaps a few days beforehand by fax) asking the resort staff if they could look to see if a late upgrade might be possible, saying that it was not possible for your UK travel agent to do it for you. Offer to pay any differences in cost of course, but I rather doubt they will actually charge you anything if they are able to do it.

http://www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php might help you too.

Andre
Thank you Andre. I will do the things you suggested and keep my fingers crossed! I've been looking at your site and its been a great help and I cant wait to get to POR. If I asked for a garden view, would the difference in price be the $10 per night surcharge listed on your site?

I have a couple of specific questions, please.
First, what H2O products are used at the Port Orleans resort? We use the Marine line at home and will not bring those if it's the same at the resort, but if they use a different line then I will pack toiletries.
Secondly, I don't tend to care for pod coffee, as I think it tends to be very weak. Has anyone tried the Joffrey's? Was it drinkable?

I have a couple of specific questions, please.
First, what H2O products are used at the Port Orleans resort? We use the Marine line at home and will not bring those if it's the same at the resort, but if they use a different line then I will pack toiletries.
Secondly, I don't tend to care for pod coffee, as I think it tends to be very weak. Has anyone tried the Joffrey's? Was it drinkable?
The Marine line is in the deluxe resorts. We stayed in GF last summer and that's what they had. The Moderates have the scent called Blushing Orange. Very faint scent. Im not sure what H2O line it's from. It's ok though, for a week or 2. It is a separate shampoo & conditioner. I used it. Saves me packing more toiletries. It was fine.
I think the Jofferys was drinkable. A vast improvement from the Nescacrap!

Greetings, all!

I'm getting ready to book POR for our upcoming visit this summer. We're doing a 7 night Fantasy sailing and planning to visit Disney for a few days before. Our previous visit to Disney a few years ago was our first, and we relied on the Magical Express and internal bus system. Though, we stayed at the Poly and used the monorail to get to MK and Epcot. I wanted to do something different this time and POR looks like a cool spot.

I found the internal bus network to be the weak link with long waits trying to get from the Poly to/from Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. I've read through most of the thread, including the discussions about transportation with POR and POFQ sharing busses.

For this trip, I'm going to have a vehicle, so I'll have a lot more flexibility in getting around. Do many folks here have vehicles for their trips and use them to get around instead of the buses?

btw - Thanks Andre for your work here and on your site. I've found it all very useful and informative.

For this trip, I'm going to have a vehicle, so I'll have a lot more flexibility in getting around. Do many folks here have vehicles for their trips and use them to get around instead of the buses?

Ultimate_ ed,
We had always been rental car vacationers, but our trip last August we used disney transportation exclusively and found it to be very good.
We are coming back to POR this April and will be using disney transportation again... No rental and not giving it a second thought.

Right now we are booked CBR but really wanted riverside. We booked the spring discount for April 4th - 10th. Every day we check for availability! I fell in love with riverside last year. Cross your fingers for us that a room will open! Hoping that will be the case when balances are due!

Greetings, all!

I'm getting ready to book POR for our upcoming visit this summer. We're doing a 7 night Fantasy sailing and planning to visit Disney for a few days before. Our previous visit to Disney a few years ago was our first, and we relied on the Magical Express and internal bus system. Though, we stayed at the Poly and used the monorail to get to MK and Epcot. I wanted to do something different this time and POR looks like a cool spot.

I found the internal bus network to be the weak link with long waits trying to get from the Poly to/from Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. I've read through most of the thread, including the discussions about transportation with POR and POFQ sharing busses.

btw - Thanks Andre for your work here and on your site. I've found it all very useful and informative.

No, I've never used a car. Even on trip when we had a rental car because we did WDW part mid trip, the car stayed in resort parking lot. I prefer Disney do the driving.

Thanks for the info. I've now added a new menu system for mobile devices only, which should help reduce the number of times you need to scroll horizontally, see what you think....

Andre
Looking good on both iPhone & ipad! Good job.
Adding pic so you can see iPhone page

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 4
We always have a car but never drive to the parks. Only to DTD, other resorts, FW.... maybe a grocery store or offsite restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter