Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Hello, I haven't stayed at POR in a few years. Have they changed the wall safe size? The last time we were there, we could barely fit my kindle in it and the kindle would fall out everytime we opened the safe. I want to bring my laptop, but I don't know if it will fit or not. Thanks for any help!

Booked seven night stay at POR 12/27-1/3 as a last hurrah trip AP trip. We’ve stayed at POR twice before next really do enjoy it almost as much as the deluxes.

Do the resorts do anything special for NYE? How is the boat transport from Disney springs on NYE?

Booked seven night stay at POR 12/27-1/3 as a last hurrah trip AP trip. We’ve stayed at POR twice before next really do enjoy it almost as much as the deluxes.

Do the resorts do anything special for NYE? How is the boat transport from Disney springs on NYE?
Last year on NYE they had a party out the back of the main building along the river from 7-MN. They had hats and noisemakers, free popcorn, an alcoholic and a non alcoholic specialty drink you could buy, decorate your own plastic champagne glass or mug, contests for teens in the arcade (terribly planned and executed, waste of time), meet either Donald or daisy in NYE attire, a DJ, a screen playing ABC without sound, kids games and dances with the DJ, and a dance party closer to MN. They set up standing tables set up all around. They did the countdown and a toast (you provide the champagne 😊) at MN. YeeHaw Bob also does a NYE show at the River Roost even if it isn’t one of his usual nights to be there. We were at the main party from just before 7 until after MN and had a lot of fun. Since the only transportation to the parks involved roads (busses, Uber, Minnie van, etc) we opted to avoid the parks that day. We didn’t ride the boats to DS that day, but I didn’t notice them having crazy lines or anything unusual.

Last year on NYE they had a party out the back of the main building along the river from 7-MN. They had hats and noisemakers, free popcorn, an alcoholic and a non alcoholic specialty drink you could buy, decorate your own plastic champagne glass or mug, contests for teens in the arcade (terribly planned and executed, waste of time), meet either Donald or daisy in NYE attire, a DJ, a screen playing ABC without sound, kids games and dances with the DJ, and a dance party closer to MN. They set up standing tables set up all around. They did the countdown and a toast (you provide the champagne 😊) at MN. YeeHaw Bob also does a NYE show at the River Roost even if it isn’t one of his usual nights to be there. We were at the main party from just before 7 until after MN and had a lot of fun. Since the only transportation to the parks involved roads (busses, Uber, Minnie van, etc) we opted to avoid the parks that day. We didn’t ride the boats to DS that day, but I didn’t notice them having crazy lines or anything unusual.
This is great! We agree that either staying put at the resort or taking boat to DS for a bit is the only way to go for us that day. Getting jammed in a long bus line and traffic just doesn’t sound like fun. Really appreciate the info :)

Hi all - My family and I are arriving at POR on Wednesday for our very first time at WDW! We're excited. We have a Royal Room, River View booked. I've seen some hubbub about bus stops at POR -- can someone help me out -- is there a shuttle stop that is better than the others? Getting on at the last stop seems good timewise, except its more likely to be full, is that true? We're a party of 4, including a double stroller. thank you!

Getting on at the last stop seems good timewise, except its more likely to be full, is that true?

That would be a good summary, yes. You'll need to folder strollers for travel anyway, so I would say proximity to the bus stop is probably more important than trying to second-guess how busy the bus will be. Also remember that as you get to lunchtime and beyond, there will be people coming back from the parks already on the bus when it gets to POR, so even at the first stop the bus might be fairly full (people will get off gradually as it goes round the circuit).

Andre

I can't remember this from our first trip to POR two years ago... Do we need to bring our own beach towels if we plan on swimming mostly at the quiet pools?

I can't remember this from our first trip to POR two years ago... Do we need to bring our own beach towels if we plan on swimming mostly at the quiet pools?
No need to bring your own. Towels are now available at all the pools!

Do all the rooms have the bigger containers of shampoo/conditioner/body wash on the walls in the showers? We are staying in a royal room.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Heading to the world in a little over a month...so excited! Can anyone confirm that the QSR or gift shop at POR sells either soy milk (I think I have seen “Silk” products listed on some outdated menus/websites) or some type of dairy-free milk? My daughter has a milk allergy and two of our days we will be leaving POR before QSR opens for breakfast (where normally we would get her items that are made dairy-free since Disney is so awesome for food allergies!) so we are thinking of bringing some cereal and then grabbing dairy-free milk (to store in the in-room fridge) from one of those locations, if available, so she can have a quick breakfast in the room before we head out. Thanks!

Can anyone confirm that the QSR or gift shop at POR sells either soy milk (I think I have seen “Silk” products listed on some outdated menus/websites)

Yes, they sell soy milk at the food courts.

Does anyone know if the Royal Rooms are supposed to be refurbished and if so when?

I would guess at towards the end of this year for work to start (they are just finishing up with the Alligator Bayou section at the moment, after which will be the regular mansion buildings, and then the Royal rooms).

I can't remember... what are the drink options at POR for the refillable mugs?

See https://www.portorleans.org/riversidemill.php, but:
  • Coffee, Regular or Decaf
  • Tea (Various Tea Bags, plus Hot Water Dispenser)
  • Hot Chocolate
  • Gold Peak Iced Tea: Sweetened Black Tea, Unsweetened Black Tea, White Tea with Citrus or Sweetened Green Tea
  • Cold Drinks Fountain at the Riverside Mill:
    • Coca Cola
    • Diet Coke
    • Diet Coke, Caffeine Free
    • Sprite
    • Fanta Orange
    • Coca Cola Cherry
    • Barq’s Root Beer
    • Hi-C Flashin’ Fruit Punch (still)
    • Minute Maid Light Lemonade (still)
    • Coca Cola Zero
    • Chilled Water

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter