Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Just a note as some folks were posting about the Murphy bed so this made me think of a situation that happened while we were there in September.
I made the bed and don’t think I pushed it back in all the way properly. It is kind of hard to make and I made the bed as best as I could as I wasn’t sure mousekeeping would be making the Murphy bed.
Anyway, my son was playing in front of it on the floor and the Murphy bed came down and hit him on the head. Somehow he didn’t get severely injured but I freaked in those seconds immediately after. He cried and it was just a bump. We monitored him after. I decided not to report it as he seemed ok. I probably should have anyway just in case.
Just please be mindful of putting the bed all the way back in and be aware of the danger.

Hello I currently have pool view booked but my DS11 really wants to stay in Alligator Bayou. If I rebook Garden View 5th sleeper am I guaranteed AB? Thank you for your help

True. Those are the exception. I don't think about that, because I don't stay in those rooms.

There's not really a closet, like some hotels have. There is a closet area near the sinks with a shelf and rod.
We live out of our suitcases, and this area is perfectly sized for three 29” suitcases lying flat on the ground. You may have to get creative wedging the third one in.

We have a pool view royal room booked in February. Can anyone tell me where this will most likely be? I know the 2 buildings are royal rooms but not sure about pool view. I want to be close to transportation and prefer not to have to climb all the stairs and walk a long distance down to my room. Is the best thing to request first floor and near the bridge to catch the bus at the main building?

We have a pool view royal room booked in February. Can anyone tell me where this will most likely be? I know the 2 buildings are royal rooms but not sure about pool view. I want to be close to transportation and prefer not to have to climb all the stairs and walk a long distance down to my room. Is the best thing to request first floor and near the bridge to catch the bus at the main building?

Check out the link below. Once on that page, if you click on each of the Red Buildings you will see the floor plan and where each of the Royal Pool View rooms are located. They will be the rooms in Light Blue.

https://www.portorleans.org/floorplans.php

We have a Royal Room booked is there a specific building we should request?

Help with room request.
Huge POFQ fan, but it is all booked up. Have a reservation for a preferred room at POR for a long weekend.
I do plan to fax in a room room request. I prefer top floor, but have a bad foot, so I will request first floor and would like to be as close to transportation and food court as possible.
Suggestions from the regulars would be greatly appreciated.

Help with room request.
Huge POFQ fan, but it is all booked up. Have a reservation for a preferred room at POR for a long weekend.
I do plan to fax in a room room request. I prefer top floor, but have a bad foot, so I will request first floor and would like to be as close to transportation and food court as possible.
Suggestions from the regulars would be greatly appreciated.
1st floor of building 14 is super close to the food court and the south depot bus stop. Since you booked preferred, you can put a request for it. I think you'll enjoy POR. And you can always stroll over to POFQ.

Have stayed at this resort several times, in fact I am here right now with my daughter. This is the first time I have seen a lizard INSIDE my room. See them all the time outside, they are cute. But last night I put my suitcase on the bed to start packing as we go home tomorrow and when I went to take it off the bed there was a small lizard on my pajamas which I had laid on a pillow on the bed. We tried to catch it so we could put it outside, but of course they are too quick for that. Anyone else have one in their room?

Have stayed at this resort several times, in fact I am here right now with my daughter. This is the first time I have seen a lizard INSIDE my room. See them all the time outside, they are cute. But last night I put my suitcase on the bed to start packing as we go home tomorrow and when I went to take it off the bed there was a small lizard on my pajamas which I had laid on a pillow on the bed. We tried to catch it so we could put it outside, but of course they are too quick for that. Anyone else have one in their room?

At least 3-4 times.

We got back a week ago so thought I'd jot down some thoughts. We booked a Pool View room and requested a refurbished room. We were in AB block 37. It was about 7 minutes from reception and 3 from the north bus stop. This is totally fine with us, we enjoyed the walk and the more isolated feel. Loved the refurbished USB sockets as it saved me lots of effort with plug adaptors, also loved the massive TV (didn't even need my glasses!). We did however, absolutely hate the wall mounted shower gel and shampoos. They are way too high for anyone who isn't slenderman to use while you're in the bath, so I had to keep standing up or get my partner to tag team and send some shower gel down. Also not sure why everyone rags on the coffee, it was fine.

Yes, we had one. I about died when I saw it. We actually called for someone to come and remove it. The guy who came said it happens all the time and was quite a professional at catching the little thing.

Happened to us once at OKW. We noticed his tail sticking out behind a picture on the wall. It was just me and my daughter in the room at the time. She tried to get the little guy out, but couldn’t. We stopped at the front desk and they said they would send someone up. Don’t know if they ever did or not, but didn’t see it after that.

Will be there in 2 days. Hope they have the holiday refillable mugs.

We always have to visit Disney in March due to school schedules. I’m envious of you and others who can collect cool holiday editions of their mugs!

(My kids have literally never seen Epcot without the Food & Garden topiaries :rolleyes1)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter