Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Looks like the rumours are true. I saw on another website that permits were filed for all of the POFQ buildings and the contractor is Balfour Beatty which does large projects at WDW. Sigh.....crossing fingers that the room renovations don't kill the charm and function of the current rooms.
The rooms, especially the bathrooms, need an update, but I'm with you--please, Disney, don't ruin the charm of the place! POFQ is our main resort now that we've been pretty much priced out of AKL, our former fave.

The rooms, especially the bathrooms, need an update, but I'm with you--please, Disney, don't ruin the charm of the place! POFQ is our main resort now that we've been pretty much priced out of AKL, our former fave.
I’m definitely happy about renovated rooms. I hope they make them brighter and more modern. I don’t even mind if they go full Disney Tiana in them.

For me, the charm is in the resort, not so much the room.

Thanks for the heads up.
Do you know when this is supposed to start? We’re staying at POFQ in August.
I do not know when the renos start but I expect it to be soon. Once the Notice of Commencement permits are filed, work is usually imminent. I would expect there to be at least one or 2 refurbed buildings open for booking by August.

any news on the pool rehab.. I think they first said.. January thru april.. just hoping that they leave the main pool looking like it did .. it makes the resort ..

any news on the pool rehab.. I think they first said.. January thru april.. just hoping that they leave the main pool looking like it did .. it makes the resort ..
I was there on February 3rd. The pool was drained and loud construction/drilling was going on. The dragon is intact and looked repainted, I'm not sure if there used to be a water play area (I haven't been to the pool at POFQ since 2004, lol) but I noticed something like that on my walk around the pool perimeter. Very cute and colorful with a jester character. I wish I had gotten pictures of it, because it may have also been a jungle gym. Hard to see, though, through the foliage.

I will say those bananas foster beignets were incredible. Holy moley. Our stay was lovely, although short!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-02-18 at 8.48.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-02-18 at 8.48.24 AM.png
    488.7 KB · Views: 30
  • Screen Shot 2024-02-18 at 8.49.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-02-18 at 8.49.44 AM.png
    521.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Screen Shot 2024-02-18 at 8.49.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-02-18 at 8.49.55 AM.png
    470.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Screen Shot 2024-02-18 at 8.50.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-02-18 at 8.50.02 AM.png
    343.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Screen Shot 2024-02-18 at 8.50.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-02-18 at 8.50.16 AM.png
    852.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Screen Shot 2024-02-18 at 8.50.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-02-18 at 8.50.24 AM.png
    211.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Screen Shot 2024-02-18 at 8.51.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-02-18 at 8.51.07 AM.png
    606.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Screen Shot 2024-02-18 at 8.51.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-02-18 at 8.51.16 AM.png
    411 KB · Views: 29
the water play area was there when we were there last May.. the kids were having a fabulous time with it.. we are doing another May trip.. love everything at the FQ.. thanks for the reply

I do not know when the renos start but I expect it to be soon. Once the Notice of Commencement permits are filed, work is usually imminent. I would expect there to be at least one or 2 refurbed buildings open for booking by August.
Holy schmoly did you say that they were going to start work on the rooms at FQ or Riverside soon? Agh...going to be there spring break and was hoping they would be done with the FQ pool by then but now you think they will start on the rooms??

I wonder how long the room renovations will take. We will be checking in December 20th. I am not overly concerned about the construction, simply curious!

Holy schmoly did you say that they were going to start work on the rooms at FQ or Riverside soon? Agh...going to be there spring break and was hoping they would be done with the FQ pool by then but now you think they will start on the rooms??
Website is still saying "through April" so I'm not banking on them being finished for spring break. We are disappointed but looking elsewhere.

We were there once when they were doing the rooms. As Andre said, they only work on one building at a time. If anything, that might mean there are fewer people in the resort. It had no impact on us at all. (Okay, my dh did get a little frustrated with me trying to scope out what they were doing, lol. The manager showed me a board with all the design features on it when I asked.)

We were there once when they were doing the rooms. As Andre said, they only work on one building at a time. If anything, that might mean there are fewer people in the resort. It had no impact on us at all. (Okay, my dh did get a little frustrated with me trying to scope out what they were doing, lol. The manager showed me a board with all the design features on it when I asked.)
No issue either our trip when they did the last big refurbishment. Building 7 was fenced off & there were containers/ dumpsters in that parking lot. But that was it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter